Secret Santa comes to TBF...Again!!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Rydia, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Rydia

Rydia Kawaii Potato Staff Member

Medals:
    Dear Terra Battlers! Hopefuly you are all having a pretty good holiday and we wish it only gets better, In the spirit of the season, Secret Santa is comming back to TBF and we would love it if you would join us in celebrating the season with this small in forum event, the rules are simple and are as follows:

The Rules:

-All the times/dates are in UTC

-Participants must post here and answer the questionary below to get into the contest. You have until 16 December 23:59 PM (UTC) to sign up.

-On Day 17 we will send a PM to each participant to tell who he/she must give the gift. Only the Forum Event Managers and the participant will know who is gifting to.

-You will have until 24 December 23:59 PM (UTC) to send the Gifts to me via PM. Remember this is a secret Santa contest so don't post the gifts on the original post, nor send it yourself to the person. You will send all to me by PM. If you have any question about some gift being suitable or not for the contest, or you don't want/unable to PM it (like stamina host stuff or Game codes just let me know by PM and we'll see how we can manage it; I already have some ideas for that so it should be ok). If for some reason you need to make some extra questions to the person you will tell me or @Azure by pm and we will ask that person.

-On 25 December we'll send the gifts to their recipients. You have until 28th December 23:59 PM (UTC) to post about the gifts you got. On your post you should write what you think about your gift, thank your Secret Santa and try to guess who he/she was. We will make a lottery between all the people who guessed his/her secret Santa and the winner will get an Event Badge from the forum and some special surprise. (Azure and me will be excluded of this)

-On 29th December we will reveal who the Secret Santas are. And any gift that implies direct contact would be delivered that day (Stamina runs..etc)

-The gifts can be anything you want. You can make a drawing, write a poem or a story, make a comic, use gifs, a Christmas carol, a meme, you can offer to host some stages that can be useful or just stupid, everything is allowed. Real gifts like game codes are also allowed but no need to. You can give as many gifts as you want. If you want you can ask for some gifts not to be posted on the public post. But remember that all participants must give and recieve at least 1 gift that is showed on the thread.

If you want for ideas or samples about gifts you can do you can check last year post --> http://terrabattleforum.com/threads/forum-event-secret-santa-comes-to-tbf.9783/

Remember to participate you must answer this little questionary and post it here:

-Do you have Steam account?

-If you have can you link your profile so we can see what games do you have? (Or add me, my Steam name is Rydia, same avatar than here)

-In case you dont have would you mind to do someone if case your santa gift you with a game?

-Which type of games do you like?

-What's your favourite Terra Battle Character?

-Anything your Santa should know about tastes/interest?

- AND ONCE AGAIN - You obviously can not tell who you are giving a gift to before the mentioned date, it is supposed to be a secret, remember?.

We sincerely hope you can participate and have as much fun as possible with the rest of the community and celebrate together this season. Merry X-mas and best of wishes to you all :love:

[​IMG]

Zabel, Hayden and Tujion like this.
  2. Azure

Azure Member

OMG i loved this event last year and I´m sure this year will be amazing too

Now for my answers:

Yes but i will post my ID later since I don´t remember right now

-If you have can you link your profile so we can see what games do you have? (Or add me, my Steam name is Rydia, same avatar than here)
    I don´t really have any games yet, but I love rpgs and some platformers xDD

-In case you dont have would you mind to do someone if case your santa gift you with a game?
    I do have one :3

OMG I already said I like RPGS and platformers xDD

Do I have to choose only 1? Imposible! I must make a list of my male harem! Gegonago^, Olber ^, Myne, NotGatz, Rejin, Lewto ^, Jennish ^, Korin ^, does Zael counts? Oh oh and Masked Man/Dagus :3

Well I like videogames, anime, manga, writing and reading, i love yaoi and fanfiction and I don´t really know what else to say, I guess I will update as I come up with more info :3 OH BTW I will fucking hate you forever if you give me stamina as present xD

Really glad this event is comming back and looking forward to see what everyone gets :3

Happy holidays to everyone!!! :love:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  3. Kindren

Kindren Member

Might be a little late to make a secret santa thing, but I might as well join in again.
    Yes, Fanciful Unicorn
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002556693

I'm not very picky, though I am pretty sick of indie platformers. My favourite genre is probably JRPG.
    Amina^
    I'm huge into anime. As in, most people would be hard pressed to find an anime I haven't heard of or isn't on my "to watch" queue. Anything anime would be pretty awesome.
    Also, I agree with Azure. I don't need stamina. I have an empty PoT and consistently have nothing to spend stamina on. Even if I did need stamina, I could go to the chat and probably get a couple different people to spend a whole bar on me. My secret santa last year tried to give me a full stamina bar and we could never manage to set up a proper time, nor did I have anything that I wanted to spend stamina on. Send me a picture of you banging my mom, or find my address and leave a bag of poop on my doorstep, but please, no stamina.

4. Axiom273

Axiom273 Active Member

Ok, I'm in! First one ever, so YAY!

-Do you have a Steam account?

Yes. My ID is AeonDragonborn, but I haven't touched that thing in forever...

-If you have one can you link your profile so we can see what games you have?

https://steamcommunity.com/id/AeonDragonborn/

-In case you don't have one would you mind to do someone if case your santa gifts you with a game?

Sure...?

...Other than TB, not much else since I don't really play video games...Maybe Skyrim? *Shrug* Oh yea. I hate MMORPG's and building games. Please don't gift me those. Ever.

-What's your favourite Terra Battle character(s)?

Clara, Dagus, and Senala from Vengeful Heart hands down.

-Anything your Santa should know about your tastes/interests?

I like Two Steps From Hell and Marcus Warner in terms of music (aka, neo-classical/soundtrack. Please look the two artists I mentioned up. THEY ARE AMAZING). Not sure what else, though...Oh. I'm also writing a story relating to VH atm, so if anyone would like to become my beta readers/help give me ideas, that'd be great :D Also love fanart and fanfictions (PLEASE NOTHING THAT WOULD BE CONSIDERED MATURE. PLEASE.) I also like concept art!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  5. Tujion

Tujion Well-Known Member

Next year, the thread title will remain the same, because you used `Again'. Maybe with more exclamation marks next time? :troll:

*sneaks away*

6. Rydia

Medals:
    Next year would be Again Again!!! xDDDDDDDDD

Since you took the time to reply the post you could at least apply~~~~

7. Tujion

Tujion Well-Known Member

I proudly declare that I have not finished playing Rydia's game from last year. :sorry: I don't really need anything as Christmas gift this year. Also I have been too naughty this year. I don't have anything to give this year. What can I do? :eek: Dear recipient, please secretly tell me what you want and I can try...

Questionnaire:
    Yes.

Rydia, where is my profile page? Do you have a link?
    I found the link to my steam profile... It is of no use...
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/tujion/
    It seems I play a game once per year.
    N/A
    Puzzles, stories...
    Does not exist.
    I like orange-like roundish things, fish, walking around to find cats to play with, taking photos, reading books, reading code, staring at bicycle gears...
    [Edit: I cannot take stamina gifts either. A Merry Christmas note suffices. I cannot give out stamina gift. You can grab my account to use in farming though.]
    - AND ONCE AGAIN - You obviously can not tell who you are giving a gift to before the mentioned date, it is supposed to be a secret, remember?.
    No, have bad memory.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  8. Ylumenas

Ylumenas New Member

Count me in :goodjob:

Questionnaire

Yes, I haven't touched it for 3 years tho...

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198069110060/

Jrpg, Rts, visual novels (does this count as a game?), action rpgs, and some fps shooters i.e halo/destiny mostly

Eileen, Sayu, Grace

I like games :troll: lol, but seriously, i like novels, mangas, and a whole mishmash of things :hilarious:. I wouldn't mind getting a full bar of stamina for coop tho, still missing some eidolons and flawless helix for recodes.

9. Terra-Em

Terra-Em Well-Known Member

Can gifts be actual TB accounts?

10. Axiom273

Axiom273 Active Member

I doubt it. Isn't it against the rules to give accounts to other people?

11. Terra-Em

Terra-Em Well-Known Member

Not if you gift them no.

12. Dailuo

Dailuo Member

Yes

-If you have can you link your profile so we can see what games do you have?

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197990880546

I like most games, RPG's and Fighting games being my fave. As cliche as it is I enjoy the "artsy" games too haha.

Samantha, Sayu

Big into anime, and concept art. I love drawing and painting . Also following the recent trend, please no stamina. Hard for me to get a solid schedule as is haha.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  13. Zabel

Zabel Active Member

-Yes

-http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198024345831/

-Roguelike and Shadowverse. LoL too.

-Cant choose one. Warrior type like Bhal or Gugba.

-Im into manga/anime stuff. A nice draw or a good meme wold be enought.

14. mr-narwhal

mr-narwhal New Member

Almost forgot...
    Yeah
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/narwhallivesmatter

Anime-style games…RPGs in general…I also play action games from time to time. I guess the only thing I don’t like are FPS (since I can’t aim for my life). Fallout is the exception: I have VATS.

Sayu J1, no doubts there. Senala J3 comes pretty close to second though...
    I enjoy anime/manga/LNs (yeah some people actually read those) and games as well…I’m not really in need of stamina thanks to silver’s alt, but if that’s all you can do, don’t worry!

15. Axiom273

Axiom273 Active Member

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  16. Rydia

Medals:
  17. Tujion

Tujion Well-Known Member

I got a story about Tuji. I am still reading... will update the post.
    [Edit: added Tsukkomi. Things in brackets are my Tsukkomi.]

"A Christmas for Tuji
    Once upon a time, as these stories always go, there was a nice little cat named Tuji. However, he wasn’t just any ordinary cat; he was an intelligent one, with all the eccentricities unique to intelligence. Today was Christmas Eve, and like all other good cats, Tuji was excited to receive presents from Santa.
    But before that happened, Tuji first had to prepare his house for Christmas. He needed to prepare both decorations for his Christmas Tree and snacks for Santa. So, the first order of business was visiting the local convenience store. Tuji quickly drove there and looked at his phone to check the time.
    [Tuji cannot drive because eye... In fact Tuji still checks his watch for time. Residual habit.]
    Due to incredible amounts of traffic, it took an hour and a half just to drive a few miles. Why miles, you might ask? Well, 100 years ago, after WWIII, the American customary system was enforced across the globe, but that’s a tale for another day.
    [Friggn Americans. May peace be upon the world to save us from miles.]
    Back to the topic, Tuji was distraught: he wasted precious time in traffic that could have been spent elsewhere. He retrospectively realized driving during the lunch time traffic rush might not have been brightest idea; however, deciding that there’s no time like the present, Tuji knew he had to quickly decide since he’d have an equally exhausting trip back.
    [Horror. Lunch time traffic jam.]
    So, he walked down the aisle and picked the first thing that caught his eye. That one! he thought. Tuji picked up a strange, orange globe, quickly testing its weight before putting a few in his shopping cart.
    [Why you no buy some oranges as well?]
    With that, he’d accomplished half of the preparations.
    Tuji then dashed over to the dairy aisle…only to find it barren of milk. Oh no! I can’t have milk and cookies without milk. he panicked. In desperation, Tuji hoped that there would at least be cookies in the convenience store. Unfortunately for him, the store had long since ran out of both cookies and milk due to the massive influx of cats ensuring their children receive the best from Santa.
    [(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ This store is no good.]
    Tuji sadly walked back towards the register, disappointed with neither cookies nor milk. It was then that he had a revelation: Santa is a gentle cat, and will be fine with just about any snack. Tuji retraced his steps and added some fish to his cart, proud to have found an ingenious solution to an important, albeit silly, problem.
    After checking out at the register and driving through yet another messy rush hour, Tuji finally returned home. Unloading his newfound decorations and snacks, he smiled in satisfaction. Not everyone can put off Christmas shopping to the very last day, but thankfully Tuji was one of those exceptions. Well even so, he’d already left presents for the rest of his family a few days ago and responsibly found a tree at the beginning of the month when they were on sale.
    [Reality: Tuji is last-minute shopper.]
    Tuji took out the orange globes and carefully hooked each one into the tree until finally the very last globe was placed atop the tree. Tuji checked his watch: the day was ending.
    [Right, checking watch.]
    He’d spent hours working on the tree, but this was all within his expectations. Rather, it was quite convenient for him. This was the perfect time to cook such that the fish remained warm when Santa came. Tuji entered the kichen and began preparing the needed ingredients to cook. At the very least, his refrigerator had a nice stock of supplies left over from previous shopping trips.
    [Tuji looks at his empty refrigerator...]
    He turned on the stove and adeptly grilled and garnished the fish. The steaming platter was then left next to the Christmas tree, and Tuji, excited for the next day, quickly rushed to bed.
    The next day, Tuji woke up energetically at the crack of dawn. Cats are notorious for sleeping luxuriously, but no cat would sleep in this day, for today was Christmas. He jumped out of bed and, after brushing his teeth and showering (Tuji was a good cat and didn’t want Santa to quickly swap out presents), Tuji walked into the living room and saw 3 presents laying underneath the tree.
    The first one Tuji decided to open was wrapped with purple polka dots on green and it seemed strangely heavy. Unwrapping it, Tuji found multiple books on advanced programming algorithms! Tuji, being an avid reader of both books and code, was happy to find both merged in one.
    [Tuji has a hunch that these are the books of the Art of Computer Programming by Knuth: https://www.amazon.com/Computer-Programming-Volumes-1-4A-Boxed/dp/0321751043
    ]
    He proceeded to the next present. This one was smaller than the previous and had red and green stripes. Inside was…a brand-new camera! Tuji started wondering if this was all too good to be true. He enjoyed taking pictures and this new camera had many of the latest features he’d never thought he’d get his hands on so soon.
    [:love:]
    Santa really knew what Tuji wanted most! Ecstatic, Tuji looked at the last box. This one was perhaps the most unusual, it was the smallest and very oddly shaped. On top of that, it had all black wrapping, but a white ribbon. Hopeful for the best, Tuji opened it to find…some bicycle gears. At this Tuji was utterly confounded, until he read a note from Santa that read “Well, you asked for these. I’m not entirely sure why, but I hope they make you happy!”
    [To draw a bike, one should study every part of a bike. -- Tuji]
    Tuji smiled back while staring at the gears and decided to pull up his iPad and started up one of the games he played on a casual basis, Terra Battle.
    [Somebody knows that Tuji is a lame iPad user. :eek: ]
    Recently he was sad that he’d lost one of his favorite characters, but upon logging in, he saw a 5 energy in his inbox. He then visited the tavern with his newfound energy and…amazingly, Tuji met her once more, the character that started it all off: Bahl. Tuji then decided that Christmas was his favorite time of year. He spent the rest of the day in peace, happily playing Terra Battle on his iPad and reading a chapter from one of his books from time to time. Perhaps the last thing he noticed is that his plate of fish was empty, and that the day was already over. Soon, Tuji would have to prepare for New Year’s Day, but that’s a tale for another day.
    [Sigh.]

Author’s Note: Merry Christmas Tuji! You always said that you couldn’t write, so this story is dedicated to you. You had some unusual things in your questionnaire, so I’ve tried my best to incorporate everything. So, I suppose this counts as an incredibly extended, thousand word, Christmas note. I’ve had a nice time on the forums and we’ve had some interesting conversations together. Sadly, if I gave away the contents of those conversations you’d instantly know who I am and Rydia would take this note out. Well, merry Christmas and have a happy New Year!"

[I am so happy to receive a huge note! This far exceeded my expectations. I found it very fun upon first reading. After a while I realised that this was a pretty lame story. OMG, people are not good at telling stories either. As a result, this gave my confidence a huge boost. :troll: I can probably write better. Tuji exudes confidence. Tuji can be a mangaka after all!!!]

18. Zabel

Zabel Active Member

19. Kindren

Kindren Member

I got a game called "LiEat" on steam. http://store.steampowered.com/app/373770/
    It's a game that pops up on my recommended list quite frequently, and I always pause to look at it, but never got around to actually buying and playing it.
    I super appreciate it. :love:
    As for who got me it... I have a feeling they know their way around Steam, since they had to look through my 284 game list and find a game I didn't have... The people in this thread that have more than 10 Games on their steam would be Rydia, Zabel, Narwhal, Dailuo, and maybe Axiom (her page is private). I think Rydia and Axiom would get me a different steam game if they were going to get me a game, and Zabel doesn't seem to play many anime games so I'm not sure if it would show up on his recommended list. That leaves Narwhal and Dailuo. Neither of them have the game on their steam page, so it is probably something that shows up on their recommended games list frequently. I would say that Narwhal is probably further down the anime game rabbit hole than Dailuo is...

I'm guessing @mr-narwhal was my Secret Santa.
    Edit: After further review, I have changed my guess to @Dailuo

20. Azure

Azure Member

OMG! I got a STEAM game!!! And one I think I will like a lot!

So the game I got is:

Abyss Odyssey

I left it installing at my dad's place xD and I will play with it tomorrow or Tuesday prolly but I checked some videos and it looks nice and I think I will like it a lot!

Thank you very much Secret Santa :love:

Now on to who my SS might be ewe...

I think it was @Kindren since he is our local steam guru with hundreds of games in there, but I really have no idea or clues to go on to whom it could be

Either way thank you so much Secret Santa! It looks like a game I could enjoy a lot :3