Selana/Sayu worth rolling for during increased odds?

Discussion in 'Units & Items' started by Yin, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Yin

Yin Member

I'm just curious if it's worth trying a couple 10x pulls during the current increased odds event in order to grab one of them, or if the z rates are so abysmal it's not worth the long shot.
    I'm mainly hoping to get a team ready for mutoh, because God I want that beautiful art on my team, and I have no form of photon damage. So I'm wondering if this opportunity is better than a 2 S+ guarantee event.

Also, I'm not on gold road, if that matters.
    Sorry if this is the wrong section, wasn't sure which section to put it in.

2. Guaparrón

Guaparrón Active Member

If you're not on golden road the chances of getting a gold card are 10%, increased odds won't change anything unless you are lucky and actually pull a gold.
    For a rainbow it's like 1%.

3. Quartzel

Quartzel Active Member

Not worth it, because I believe it's not a true rate up.

The chances to draw a Z are the same, but the odds of it being Senala or Sayu are higher.

Much better to wait for the actual "10x pull get 2 S+ and Z increase" rate event.

4. wenify

wenify Member

I yolo pulled a whole bunch trying to get Gegonago/Gegonago^ in the +event, and was very happy to get a golden ticket on the first try thinking that it's definitely Gegonago... then I got Gaiga...and a lot of useless silvers

5. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

I pulled 2 x 10 pulls... 0 rainbows, 1 Jennish, 1 Alika, and 1 Reijin.

I would advise against doing it.

6. Yin

Yin Member

I see. I'd forgotten how abysmal the rates were. I was hoping this would be a good time to roll and build up my team so I could finally have a shot at Mutoh but I guess it'll have to wait. Maybe we're overdue for a 2S+ event soon.

Does anyone know the rates for S/SS/Z during 2/10 events? Like what're the chances the 2 guaranteed gold are S vs SS vs Z rank

7. Guaparrón

Guaparrón Active Member

S and SS are the same I think. I don't really know about Z since it's increased Z odds.
    We should have a 10/2 soon (like this week soon).

8. Quartzel

Quartzel Active Member

I don't know.
    Wouldn't it be a Grace ^ rate up, since I think her recode is coming up ?

9. solution9

solution9 New Member

Yea I yolo pulled trying to get either sayu or Selena. After a good 10 pulls I rolled a rainbow and got super excited...it was Mizel...who I already had. I'm not golden road so it was a big mistake to begin with :worry:

10. Yin

Yin Member

I'd love a Mizel too, only Z I have is Adelucia, but I guess I'm just gonna play the waiting game for a better event. I doubt I'd even get a rainbow in 10 or even 20 pulls.

11. tieuzbao

tieuzbao Active Member

Personally? Nope. I'm on the golden road. Tried 3 times this week to grab Sayu. Instead got Bahl^. Pzifer. Then Bona. So I guess rate up helped with Pzifer but no I doubt it helped much with Z unless you're close to rainbow road. You'll still need plenty of RNG god's blessing. If you're not on golden road, don't even think about it. Stick to 10x2.

12. Vintt

Vintt Active Member

pizfer was not increased? its jennish, and 3 pulls isn't enough, 10 should would be a better chance

13. tieuzbao

tieuzbao Active Member

I don't know that you'd pull one of the new Z even with increased odds. Maybe with 10 pulls, I may but more likely pull Jennish than Sayu or Selena. I have yolo'ed more than a couple of times whenever one of the new Z shows up on an increased odd event, ie. Myrne or Mizelle. Same results. So at least for my samples (> 15 pulls), I'd say increased odd events aren't good if you haven't cleared enough golds out of the pool.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I very much doubt the 10x2 event with increase Z rate would mean higher recruit rate than single pulls.

14. Vintt

Vintt Active Member

There is some good things and bad things about this event:

the good:
    triple Z characters that are promoted are epic end game mages,
    rerolling and starting a new game to hit a rainbow for this start would yield good results. (using free energy)
    usually the odds increased events are with A/B chars and 2 Zs

the bad:
    rainbow rate is about 1%
    triple Z somewhat divides this 1% into the three new Z promotions to be that each hold 1/3 a value of the 1% to pull them.

15. Guaparrón

Guaparrón Active Member

You are not wrong.
    I creased Z odds works for 10 pulls in arow and for single pulls aswell.
    The only thing that only works for 10 in a row is the guaranteed 2 S or higher rank.

16. Guaparrón

Guaparrón Active Member

Could be. The only thing I know is we have a 10/2 once per month and it's usually at the end of the month, but sometimes it's at the beginning of the new month, so maybe we have Grace increased odds this week and 10/2 the next week.

17. Phage

Phage New Member

2/10 events are usually every 5 weeks, so slightly less than monthly though sometimes it's only 3 or 4 weeks.

Last event was 10/27 so very likely starting this week, like tomorrow (12/1) <_<d

18. Sean Bond

Sean Bond Well-Known Member

I'm always very tempted by these events, but as others have said, it's a false "increased odds." It's basically "increased odds that if you roll a S/SS/Z, the character you roll will be one of these 5." This event is basically for people who are at the very least on the golden road (much better if you're on rainbow, obviously), and want a better chance of pulling useful units. The event for those of us who are not yet on the golden road, the event to wait for is always the "increased Z odds/pull 10 guaranteed 2 S or higher." If you just need ANY S/SS/Z, you save up for the pull 10 portion to maximize efficiency. If you're specifically looking for Z characters (let's be honest, most of the ones you "need" for the endgame are Z) you can pull one by one with the increased Z odds.

19. Yin

Yin Member

So disappointing that the new event is increased odds and guaranteed plus :( I'm gonna be waiting forever for the right combination to roll around. MW pls. Doesn't help my first and only Z right now is Andelucia, who honestly just feels like a glorified mover. I'm currently finishing up chapter 29 and her damage feels really meh in job 3, even compared to job 1 Bahl(granted she has all her job 2/3 skills) and Yukken.

20. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

Could be worse. Your only Z could be Zavison :troll:

Sean Bond likes this.