Skill Not Activating in Weekly Challenge

Discussion in 'Bugs, Hackers & Feature Requests' started by vashaarms, Dec 20, 2016.

1. vashaarms

vashaarms New Member

I've been bringing Zerro to the 9-7 weekly challenge and have been struggling to eliminate the enemy column in round 2. I finally noticed her Shadow column skill has not been activating. It is a level 15 skill in a level 22 difficulty stage. She has 100% SB. I'm not really sure what's causing it not to activate as i have watched videos of people using Piz'fer's Ice column.

Has anyone encountered an issue like this?

2. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

What job are you using her in? Any other job than 2 means you have to equip the column skill in one of the 4 slots you are given and those slots are also subject to the level cap I think, so if the column skill is not equipped in the very first slot then the level cap may prevent it from activating.

For example the recode versions of Bahamut/Leviathan/Odin can use their cross skills which were lvl 35 2x multiplier skills in their original forms no matter what the level cap is if you equip them in the first slot, which is why they are perfect to bring to weekly challenges.

3. vashaarms

vashaarms New Member

I have her recode. It had been in slot 4, but started working when i put it into slot 1. What's really bizarre is i also have Samatha ^'s Thunder row which is a level 35 skill in her 4th slot and it has continued to work on that level. Very confusing.

Regardless of questionable game design, thank you for your help!

4. Person Man

Person Man Well-Known Member

Medals:
    You answered it yourself and don't even know it. Stages with level caps check if that slot and skill are available at our below that level. Slot 4 will never work on a ^ character during a weekly challenge because the level the slot is unlocked is above the level cap. By moving the skill to an earlier slot, it becomes available. For normal units, it checks slots if they are below level 20. It checks skills for the level which they become unlocked. Not level 65 skills on a level cap 64 or below stage.