Squad help for beating the game and beyond.

Discussion in 'Squad Help' started by Crimson Shade, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Crimson Shade

Crimson Shade New Member

Ok so I'm on Ch 29: Reboot/8. So far I am doing great with my current party which consist of.

Lewto 75/49/50 Recode items have been acquired working on lvl's
    Zerro 69/35/47 Recode items have been acquired working on lvl's
    Sorman 38/42/84
    Bahl 90/49/56 Will recode when I get required items and lvl's
    Ma'curi 43/38/59
    Sheena 70/28/48

I guess what I'm looking for is that one good party. I don't really want to spend anymore money obtaining characters unless it's from the PoF's.

That being said what are your thoughts on my current party and my list of characters, who do I need to improve on or try to obtain.

Here is my list.

Screenshot_20161025-181727.png Screenshot_20161025-181737.png Screenshot_20161025-181749.png

2. Axiom273

Axiom273 Active Member

Your list looks great so far! I really suggest you recode Bahl, as she is easily one of the strongest DPS characters in the game (along with S'naip ^ and Ma'curi). Also, recode Palpa, as her recoded form has an "Augment Attack" skill at lvl 80 that, when combined with Bahl ^, S'naip ^, and Ma'curi, will allow you to tear through just about any boss out there.

3. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

How did you get Bahl to 90 on J1 but not even 65 on J2 and 3? Also there's not a single true team. You need various characters to clear the various game contents. Chapter 1-30 are extremely easy bar a few exceptions, but chapter 31+ will require you to switch up your teams quite a bit.

Use Rikken. Her Negotiator Pro skill will help you clear PoF, which in turn will let you get Seiryu, who is very useful in Metal Zone 6. She's also useful in getting event bosses to drop, like Kinos and 8bits.

Try to level Alika for Treasure Hunter. That should help you farming items either for recode or job unlock.

Also, two weeks from now Leviathan should be in Arena. Get her and recode her ASAP. Her recoded form is very useful for Metal Zone 7, the best leveling area in the game. While at that, she, Bahamut and Odin are all great characters you can obtain for free without Energy.

Palpa^ can wait. She's barely useful until she reaches level 80 anyway. At your point in the game, leveling a Z is a massive pain. You don't need tap skills until endgame content.

Samatha is also great. Besides being a strong Lightning character, her Negotiator stacks with Rikken's for even higher chance to recruit.

4. Crimson Shade

Crimson Shade New Member

Thanks for your input...

Bahl has been with me since the beginning as has Zan I have gotten through the game with most of my characters on job 1. I only recently started adding jobs, to be honest I really didn't feel the need to job anyone the enemy's are not that difficult yet Tiamat being the exception. I just decided out of the blue to start adding jobs this month just to see what I was missing out on. I just needed a direction on who I needed and or level up.

5. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

Uh, yeah, you're missing out on a lot of stuff by not unlocking jobs. You could have gotten Bahl's Phys Dmg x1.5 skill, which turn her from a decent sword unit to one of the strongest damage dealer in the game.

You probably should unlock all the jobs first. Chapter 31+ will wreck you if you don't.

Besides the ones you're already using, I suggest focusing on Samatha, Suoh, and Alika. If you're aiming for Bahamut Leviathan Odin (you should), also try leveling these:
    - A'merpact for Anti-Fire capsules. Bahamut 3 is honestly impossible without them. He's also a pretty strong ice mage in his own right.
    - Eileen or R'zonand to deal with Leviathan.
    - Pahrl and Harold will help with Odin (but not necessary). Also you might want to get a Bomborg since at some point Odin will summon some bombs.

For leveling, farm Metal Tickets at stage 6-8 during double drop day, then spend them when there are MZ 5/6/7 at Arena.

6. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

Like others have said there is no singular team that rules them all (although Trinity + Gego^ + Ami^ + Mizell^ comes close). I'll do the usual and point out characters you should focus on for end game. Note that most characters now have a recode and it's pretty much always preferable to recode them, but since recodes are much stronger than what is need for the story (even post ch 30) it's necessary to rush it. Recoding should wait until after you've cleared chapter 34-10 so you can more easily power level and farm Mantle/Deepwater Helices.

The following list is my personal preference on the order you should focus on for leveling and recoding. Always unlock all jobs first, then level them to 65/65/90 to access all skills and stick with Job 3 (highest stats).

Main units - these will be your core group.
    Bahl - recodable - Top tier sword character and 1/3 of the Silver Trinity. Job 2, lv 65 skill Physical Damage x1.5 is a must have and her recode makes her the top sword unit (and maybe even top phsyical damage) in the game.
    Ma'curi - Top tier spear character and 1/3 of the Silver Trinity. Job 2, lv 65 skill Physical Damage x1.5 is a must have and he is the top spear unit in the game. Unlike Bahl and Sn'aip he does not have a recode yet, but he's still an end game unit.
    Sorman - Believe it or not he's a top tier unit because of two skills - Heal, All and Heal x1.5. These two skills make him better than most other healers in the game and he will easily carry you throughout the story chapters and beyond. He's only replaceable by Amina^ and Ami'sandra^.
    Lewto - recodable - Top tier fire mage even if not recoded. Lewto^ is one of the 4 core Z mages.
    Zerro - recodable - Top tier shadow mage even if not recoded. Zerro^ is one of the 4 core Z mages.
    Samatha - recodable - Excellent mover and Lightning mage with great dps and skills.
    Rikken - mediocre bow unit, but has Negotiator Pro which makes recruiting event adventurers and monsters much easier. With NegPro she can SB all the monsters in chapters 1-5 very quickly which can save you lots of time and money clearing the PoF.
    Palpa - recodable - Terrible charater with a terrible skill set. When recoded she's just as bad except when she reaches level 80 where she gets Augment, Attack (tap skill) at which point she becomes instrumental for end game. Not needed for the story at all and you can't even recode her until chapter 30 so you can wait on her.
    Suoh - recodable - Mediocre sword/bow/spear unit and part of the PoF adventurer team. As such he can easily reach 100 Sb and 100 LB with a pair of recodes.
    Lich - recodable - Yep, a monster makes this list. Lich^ is pretty weak, but has the honor of being one of the PoFoF l100 units and is the easiest unit to reach 100L aside from Seiryu. Since Lich^ comes with CT, +2 sec he's a staple unless you can get Nia^ to l100 in the next 9-10 days (probably can't).
    Alika - recodable - mediocre Lightning/bow unit that becomes a mediocre lightning/sword unit when recoded. In this case the recode is very low on the priority list since her main benefit is the Treasure Hunter skill. When recoded it only boosts her stats a bit and lets her use TH at lv1. It's not really that important unless you're doing plenty of co-op.
    Honorable mentions - These are good filler units for weapon/elemental specific teams or units that serve a specific purpose.
    A'merpact - recodable - good ice mage with fire res capsules that are useful for Bahamut farming. Recode is a pretty good as well and he serves as a decent substitute for Piz'fer.
    Eileen - recodable - Remedy-type characters are almost universally underpowered these days and even Eileen's recode fails to keep up with the power creep, but she comes with Levitation and her recode does ward against time traps and comes with CT so she's useful in chapter 35 for farming Pig Snouts and 8-bit Hiso Alien for farming the Trading Post.
    Sheena - Decent sword unit and part of the PoF adventurer team. As such she can easily reach 100 SB and 80 LB using only coins.
    Harold - Decent Bow unit that will help with Odin farming. Nothing particularly notable otherwise.
    Stonefolk Children - Korin/Kem/Pahrl - recodable, recodable, not-recodable - The children each buff the SB activation rate, def and atk of their respctive weapon types. This makes them very useful for single weapon type parties like all bow teams for when you tackle Odin. Recodes are stronger, but each child fails to bring an significant boons in higher tier parties when taps come into play.
    Pupropu - really only useful for filling in the party for Chaos groups. Chaos is important for PvP if you don't have the means to acquire Lamia instead, but if you bring Sam^ and Alika^ and a healer then Pupropu isn't needed.
    Lucia - recodable - a terrible mage (only 1 job!) with a mediocre recode who's greatest weakness is a lack of focus on attack or mattack... they're both pretty low. She's a good filler for fire/lightning teams, but fails to outshine almost anyone else. Still, her event is returning soon so it would be beneficial to try and boost her to 100% SB after recoding her. Never hurts to have a lv 90 ^ character.
    That's that. There are other units that are decent or that have recodes, like Nakupi, but for the most part they're niche characters and can be safely ignored until you've leveled the others mentioned above.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016