Squad Help for [VH] Route D Ella /\

Discussion in 'Squad Help' started by Moskentraumen, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Moskentraumen

Moskentraumen Member

Probably being discussed on chat and of casual players interest, i wanted to gather some information on how to get Ella the easiest way with more casual units. So to speak, building a team that can constantly beat route D within 50 seconds drag time without being too fancy.

My most mentionable characters would appear to be SnaipZ, BahlZ, Zuoh, BonnaZ, zMages, InvinZible, PalpaZ, AmiZandre.
    My only levi user is EileenZ. But i could probably help myself with Rainbow Balloon and Silver Wings.

Any hints? Which setup would you prefer? Any more otomo recommendations? (I dont have Dragon King Otomos yet...)

2. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    Hi :)

Ran and beat both the D and the B path (with time requisites and without SLing) between yesterday and today (earlier I focused on getting the job items for Clara in order to re-recode her to 100L before Marilith Kino could leave the Arena), and now I'm starting to wonder if this post doesn't came too late :/

** Note: Lately I stopped to care about building "the perfect team" for every stage, this because tappers and few other Z make clearing a stage very easy and quick even without using a specifically studied team, so don't focus too much on the characters I'll mention ***

Beat the B stage under 10 sec of movement on my first try with this team [ Bahl Λ, Ella Λ, Gugba, A'misandra Λ, Piz'fer Λ, Gatz Λ ] but as you probably noticed while farming the Bloody Coat of Arms for Clara, a Z mage with a stackable MATK buff is strong enough to 1-turn every floor (note: give them a Mog/Bewitching Bow, not the Sorcerer's Shield, that sometimes causes some enemies to stay alive even after getting hit by a x1 skill [like Ice, Pincer + Ring] ), so as long as you have access on both Bahl Λ and a Z mage you shouldn't have any problem.

Surprisingly, the D path took me 2 runs with this team [ Bahl Λ, Peyrna, Gegonago Λ, Piz'fer Λ, S'naip Λ, Gatz Λ ], but since I one-turned every floor until 10 (which took me 2 turns, as #12), making very small and quick movements, I suppose I somehow managed to screw up everything on floor #11 against Jainus: I know that with 1 stack of DMG x1.5 (on whoever you want), is possible to oneshot Ella with 2+3 ATK taps by using "only" Bahl Λ and S'naip Λ, but I'm not sure about how easy/hard can it be with only 1 tapper, I should do some tests.

Bring a tapper (Palpa Λ) and use one charge against Jainus, plus one of the PP you must to save for floor #11, on the same turn you can use both Clara and Dagus to halve his HP; I don't know how much, but Ra'prow Λ's OutflankⅡ might help you to one-turn Ella, so you might want to bring him too (if you have him of course).

*reminder* On her first turn, Ella will cast a [1 Column] skill: make sure not to get it by it :)

On both the routes, put Bahl Λ on the first spot to clear floor 1 very quickly (use her to move one unit on top of the top-right enemy and pincer it: Sword of Valor will do the rest);

On floor 3, pincer Urai with both Bahl Λ and S'naip Λ, both with 1 DMG x1.5 charge from the previous turn, chaining Bahl Λ one more time to reduce the boss' HP below the 30% threshold on path D; on B, pincer Urai with a Z mage and Bahl Λ to 1 turn the floor.

Floor 4 (the one with the Masked Man NPC) can be easily cleared by setting up a pincer for the 2 enemies on top, while starting another one with Bahl on the 2 enemies on the right (D again);

At the end, is all about how you use your Z mage and Bahl Λ, it doesn't require much thinking once you have them both; on both the paths you might also want to use an extra mage like Invincible to get rid of the Kerams (the slimes) more easily.

Moskentraumen and Axiom273 like this.
  3. tieuzbao

tieuzbao Active Member

Wait how are you able to keep under 10 secs? I tried making very slight moves but the damn winged bird is so freaking fragile I kill it so many times I gave up.

Here's hoping they have a time counter to keep track of time in future updates.

4. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

As much as I love to use her Bonna^ is not reliable for VH, her Twin Missile ends up doing more harm than good when you have to keep certain fragile enemy units alive. Winged Familiar has the same HP as Sorrowvane and if you accidentally kill it and can't S/L at the right time then you will fail. Her arrow attacks are also essentially AoE area(2) so that makes things extra tricky.

Bahl^ is definitely key to this, as are tappers as Jainus wastes a lot of your time without it. Having two tappers will help a lot but I've seen it done with only one all used on Ella with Outflank. I can't imagine not using taps on Jainus though so I bring Palpa^ along with Gatz^ for good measure. Gatz^ also conveniently has Levitation All (though I heard you can just use Disarmer and forget about it). S'naip^ seems to be irreplaceable for DPS and I bring Suoh^ as he's another high DPS with Physical Attack x 1.2/5 which if stacked nicely makes quick work of everything. Any Z mage will do.

For otomo Celestial Envoy for all the DPS characters(otherwise some other extra attack otomos but the beauty of CE is that it chain activates to do area damage and helps a lot to oneshot with minimal pincers), Healing Rod for Palpa^ if you don't bring a dedicated healer, else a Levitation otomo or anything else that could have a use on the healer, and Mog/equivalent for Z mage.

The hardest part is the drag time though. I ran it twice so far and screwed up first time by getting Clara killed by Ella's attack and failed S/L(only seems to work if you do it during the attack phase of your own pincer before you actually kill off the unit that results in gameover, so if you S/L after the man/familiar/Clara is dead it won't work as their deaths are a trigger for the endings/paths), second time I got to Ella but my drag time was bad(probably because of Jainus!).

Watching some of the vids out there can help too.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
    Moskentraumen likes this.
  5. BambY

BambY Active Member

I used Odin^ with a trident, so that he kill almost anything in his column (on path D, you may need 2 chains), but it helped me a lot to be able to kill things without pincering them and without a risk to kill something I dont want to.
    He also have a 2000 flat damage to help killing those anti-physical dodge it all monster.

For the 10 seconds timer, Gugba kills everything ! so it is very easy if you have him !
    just do very very fast pincer with him on chain.

Tips : a very quick pincer is half a second... try on "Puppet Show" there is a timer there ;)

6. Tempoltone

Tempoltone Member

Is there a video for ella^ run?

7. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

This was one of the first vids posted on the forums, and by now this player has several Ella videos up using various strategies (2/1/no tapper). There's vids by other players too if you search.

I modelled my team after the one in this vid, but I have a Zmage and Palpa^ instead of Amina^ so I have 2 attack taps instead of 1 attack and 1 magic. I didn't all follow the movements though as I don't think it's necessary as long as you are making the most optimal short movements. Taking out Jainus out quick enough seems to make or break the drag time requirement and after a few successful runs I've found that using 3 taps on him is quickest, I can kill him before Selena even appears. And 3 taps for Ella is more than enough if you are outflanking her, after one round of 3 taps + outflank her HP is low enough that all she does is attack Jainus so you don't even have to worry about her attacks.

8. DanielMilian

DanielMilian New Member

I used Palpa^, Snaip^, Bahl^, Zerro^, Macuri (Outflank) and Amina^.
    I found the biggest time waster was Janus and you really need two power points by the time of that fight since most of the damage is done by the NPC allies. Damage by Bahl and Snaip wasn't really that important on him
    One the best units is Bahl, her AOE is perfect for this.
    The tapper is not really needed to be honest, and is worth to spend it on Janus. I saved two taps for Ella but forgot to activate them (hehe) however you can kill her in two turns with Outflank. Also try to position AmiZ so the 1.5stacks twice and the Z mage so it deals some damage to the Adds.
    Ahhh and use Disarmer so you don't need to bring a levitation user.

Every physical had CE, bow for the Zmage and I put Axiom Dragons on Palpa and Amina. The formers helped a little, but easily you can change them for your best magic companions.

But yeah look at the No tappers video, that one helped me the most.

9. Tempoltone

Tempoltone Member

Wohoo Finally Got Ella^

My team: Bahl^ Gatz^ Rapprow^ Palpa^ Snaip^ Jennish^

I killed Janus in 1 turn using Janus+Clara w/ 6taps (He died on 1st pincer with them)
    Killed Ella in 2 turns with Outflank2 (3ple pincir w/ pp on 2nd turn)

10. Kovaelin

Kovaelin Member

Is it possible to get Ella Λ without recoded adventurers? The only one I have is Sh'berdan Λ. I've run routes A through C without much trouble, but I haven't had much luck with these drag-timed challenges.

11. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

Looking at your squad, the main thing holding you back is lack of attack tappers. Luckily, you have both Gatz and Palpa! Recode them, and combined with Bahl/S'naip, it will still be difficult, but should at least be doable.

Kovaelin likes this.
  12. Kovaelin

Kovaelin Member

Thanks for the tips! I think I'll be able to recode Palpa pretty easily, but Gatz might take longer. I've also pulled some new adventurers today, if you don't mind taking another look. I appreciate the feedback! I'm thinking I might just try to get Echo's jobs if Ella Λ is out of reach.

13. Moskentraumen

Moskentraumen Member

Did Ella several times, but the stage takes quite some time.
    Luckfarming her to 100 seems worth it though. If i run out of time, i would use some Orbling quest for the final points in luck. I want her at least on 80+ luck at the end of the event. :D

It really helped me a lot to recode Raprow. Now i can use 3 charges of GatZ to instantkill Jainus and still have no problem with defeating Ella.

I use:
    BahlZ, Znaip, Zamina, GatZ, Zaprow and InvinZible.