Squad Help

Discussion in 'Squad Help' started by Jarrett, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Jarrett

Jarrett New Member

Hi everyone, just looking for some advice on what to prioritize with my party. I was originally trying to clear PoF and get the recoded versions of BLO. So far all I know is I need to recode Palpa at some point or another. These past few weeks I have just been grinding Battle Champs. Basically any help with who to recode and what to prioritize would be appreciated!

I'm also hoping to finally get a decent sword/bow unit or any of the trinity in the next 2/10 event... :eek: tbs_Chase_2016-10-23-10-49.png

2. legaiabay

legaiabay Active Member

Based on my experience :
    1. Amina : She's decent healer after recoded. Practically A'misandra is better but all Z healer are nice.
    2. Bahamut/Leviathan/Odin : They are very good choice until you have other Z mage (holy trinity for Odin).
    3. Palpa : One reason to recode, Augment Attack.
    4. Jaguna : She's quite versatile as healer, support, and damage dealer.

3. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    Hi Jarett, glad to see a post from you :)

tl;dr version:
    • if you want Nia Λ and get again Nia and Rascal: Odin, do BC1 events
    • else: Odin + Kem (do BC2 events, week 1 is the easiest), then Amina and Palpa. If you don't have problems on doing BC2/Path B just skip Odin and Kem.

First: I don't know how far you are on the story (later on there are a couple of good spots where to farm more efficiently than 20-1 and 23-4) that might help you to level up your units faster during the Half Stamina event for the Story chapters from 26 October, 12:00 AM to 31 October, 11:00 PM (UTC).

Second, for now I guess your priority is Nia (if you are a collectionist), you have to recode her and re-recruit her (and Rascal) before the Battle Champs is over, since we don't know if you'll ever have a second chance for it (we had a collaboration event with Mobius Final Fantasy last October which never came back :/ ):
    once the current The Dragon Awakens/Brushfyr event will be over all the Battle Champs stages will be available for a whole week, so you might want to get ready to get the missing job materials for them.

Get your 2 copies of the Yukken companion from The Creature From the Void/Void Venom and the other 2 of Samatha from Strike of the Stormy Serpent/Tempest (I find these being the easiest ones). You can get Rascal, the monster material from this week's Battle Champs event (The Dragon Awakens/Brushfyr) to save some time; I found the event on week 3 (Fearsome Fiends!/Dire Fang) a little too hard, reason why I suggest you to skip it (without ice capsules or a DPS+ATK Hopper combo I find defeating Dire Fang II a little too hard...), do only the easier version of it if you are short of Ice Essences.

This week's event drops both the required items for unlocking Nia's job 2, job 3 and her recode, but the chances for one of them (randomly chosen) to drop are just 30%, reason why you might want to wait for the next week to get the remaining items, recode her and re-recruit both Nia and Rascal.

I'm not 100% sure about what do you mean by "grinding Battle Champs", but I'll write it anyway: since your goal is to clear the Pact of Fellowship you might want to farm and sell some of the Yukken and the Samatha companions that drop from any Battle Champs event (on the hardest difficulty/path B). If you have difficulties with them, the first week's event - The Creature From the Void/Void Venom - might be an easy dungeon to beat, but be aware that it doesn't drop any useful material for Nia.

In this case, run as more "Battle Champs I" events as possible to get the items you need for Nia and this week's event (The Dragon Awakens/Brushfyr) for Rascal on difficulty 2 (if you have difficulties with the boss, make sure to clear the floors 1 and 2 in more than 3 turns, so that you won't face the lv91 Brushfyr on floor 3).

You shouldn't have difficulties with them, but levelling up Odin on job 3 might help; if you need help to farm the other items (like the 5 Mantle Helices and the Elixir), ask the chat :)

Today is also the last day available to enter the Metal Zone 7 from the Arena: if you have some time (and can't find anyone available to trade 6-8 runs in chat), PM me and I'll help you to farm some Metal Tickets :)

If you don't need/care about the Battle Champs items/units, then... well... focus on the Battle Champs events xD

The reason is that from the hardest difficulty of any of these stages (Difficulty II, Path B) a special companion (Yukken/Samatha) worth 50k coins drops with a 30% chance: this event allowed many of us to get a lot of money, which is exactly what do you need [I want to give you more info as possible and again, I'm talking assuming you are having difficulties on getting the S class companions from the Battle Champs event].

Try to get your team ready to clear one of the "Battle Champs" events that will take place after this week's The Dragon Awakens/Brushfyr event will be over (from 28 October, 12:00 AM to 3 November, 11:00 PM UTC). I found the first one, The Creature From the Void/Void Venom being the easiest one, so focus on Odin Job3 (good DPS) and Kem (Frequency and Def UP for him, focus on job 1 and level job3 to 15).
    Zafitte is another character with Freq Up (for everybody, not only to spears), but it applies the bonus only to the chained units (while Kem buffs your units wherever they are positioned) and, as a S class unit, takes more time to level up and won't be that useful in a spear team (Kem might also be useful in the future stages).

Wait to pull your next batch of 2/10 units before recoding Amazora: if you don't find anything good you might want to have an extra Z for some stages, weekly challenges and PvP.

Amina Λ has the absolute priority once the Battle Champs event is over: she's an awesome healer and will help you a lot on many stages; while levelling Amina, you also might want to start working on recoding Palpa.

Bahamut, Leviathan and Odin are 3 very strong "free" characters, but since they now cycle every week you might just want to focus on the characters I listed you first; avoid to recode "BLO" before making them reach an high SB by re-recruiting them again from their "Ultra" dungeons (you have Samatha Λ, so equip her the skill Negotiator and do a double pincer for an - almost - certain recruit).

Don't waste time on Jaguna: her recode is actually pretty good (not good as many others, of course, Jaguna is still a B class unit after all...), but since you'll be able to level her up and 100% SB her by pulling her from the Pact of Fellowship you might want to focus on your other characters first :)

Don't spend your coins by doing random pulls (as I did ._. ), but wait to clear all the lower class monsters first, so that you can use them to clear the units available on the most expensive stages.

Jarrett likes this.
  4. Jarrett

Jarrett New Member

Yeah I gotta wait for 8-Bit Hiso Alien to come back because I was too low level to beat it last time :worry:
    Also I do have Jennish Lambda
    Hi Mitsuki, thank you for your hard work with the compendium!! Great reference!

I am on 35-1 so I spent some time on 34-10 to level my units. I am able to do Route B pretty consistently. Since Brushfyr came out I have been working on clearing TP and farming Samatha companion haha.
    As you can see I have Camellia, Seiryu, and Jaguna so I wasn't able to resist spending some coins on PoF pulls... :disappointed: I have to practice restraint!!

Thank you for the advice. I think I will focus on Amina and Palpa recodes! Just hope 8 bit alien returns soon...

Silver Mitsuki likes this.
  5. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    <3

aaaaand I wrote a 1km-long answer when I could just have wrote few lines xD

Sorry for making you read all that: I have a lot of units and lately not much free time, so I just run almost every stage with the strongest teams available, I didn't know if you were actually able to clear them (I read of some players with good teams having difficulties with some)

And you found them on PoF? Without fully-clearing it? Wow, gratz ^-^

Ouch >.<
    Hope that Hiso will come back soon... meanwhile, you might also want to focus on getting some King Orbling companions to make your "grind" a quicker (I like to Luck Boost certain units at least a bit before recoding them :) ).

Jarrett likes this.
  6. Jarrett

Jarrett New Member

So while I wait for the next 2/10 event (thanks to Grace^ delaying it lol... :troll:), I have completed PoF and have about 3 million coins left to go to clear PoFoF. I was wondering if I should recode Grace immediately since she would be at 100% SB and that would remove her recode from the pool. The same thing for Amazora and recoding. I could probably SB Amazora to 60% before the next 2/10 event ends. Would it be better to recode them to 100% and then pull? Also I might be able to SB Jennish^ to 100% before the event.

I'd really like to be able to pull something that would allow me to beat either Baha Ultra or Levi Ultra.

tbs_Chase_2016-11-29-21-51.png