TB Compendium Web App [last update: 7th March]

Discussion in 'General' started by Silver Mitsuki, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    Quick summary of April updates:
    • Images used on the website are now a lot lighter ( ~70% reduction or so);
    • Pages/Images are now loaded in much less time ( in 1/5 of the time or so - without considering the size reduction :3 );
    • Highly reduced loading times of the website, especially for people outside Europe;
    • My HD broke and I lost almost all the data I used to work on TBc;
    • Website updated with 4.0 data,
    The full changelog is the following (you can also find it on OP):
    Update Apr 11th:
    Update Apr 12th:
    Update Apr 16th:
    Update Apr 17th:
    Update Apr 23rd:
    Update Apr 25th:
    Update Apr 27th:
    Update Apr 30th:

Tujion likes this.
  2. Domivi

Domivi Active Member

I'm really liking the design of it, especially the calendar view. Keep it up!

Silver Mitsuki likes this.
  3. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    Thank you ^-^ (really, it means a lot knowing that other people appreciate your work)

During the next 2-3 weeks I won't release any other major feature: right now I'm focused on making some improvements and some little changes to the color palette in order to improve the readability on different devices.

Pims likes this.
  4. jarsoffeet

jarsoffeet Active Member

This might be a problem on my end but your friday hunting zone rotation seems to be an hour behind.

5. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    Yes, Calendar View currently has a couple of problems with recurrent events, but I already fixed them on local.
    Since I made some big changes to the code I can't update TBc just by replacing a couple of files as I usually do, so I must ask you to wait a couple of weeks more (hopefully only one)...

Anyway, thank you very much for making me know about this; I usually test all the possible cases before releasing an update, but lately I just don't have enough time and stuff like this happen
    :worry:

PS: these changes I'm making are also the reason why few banners are currently not displayed correctly and some events are missing from both the "history" page and the "calendar view".

EDIT: I... don't know why did I wrote about Calendar View earlier ._.
    Do you mean the write that says "2x bonus will take place in XX days"? The time you read there takes into account the "timezone trick"; read more about it by clicking the nearby "?" icon :)

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  6. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    Emergency update #2

I don't have much time now, I'll add more details to this update later today:
    http://tbc.silverdb.it/

In few lines, what has changed?
    it doesn't seem much, but the data loss at the end of April and the big changes I made to how the events are handled took me away a lot of time.

Edit - here's the changelog:

• Big changes made to the Events data strucure
    • Added a Notices section, with the last 10 in-game annuncements
    • Added a Server Events section
      • All the upcoming events are listed here; note that MW recently started to update data on server few days/hours before some events start and some of them might not actually happen - so is not a very reliable list - but sometimes events not officially annunced (CC/MZ in Arena) can be found here.
      • Some flags, like the ones for Jade Dragons paths and IDK's pdz drop rate are also printed here
      • Always present events like the Dragon King ones are hidden by default; right now, the checkbox to toggle in order to see them is located in the Settings page
    • Added Tweets Section
      • Tweets are now retrieved efficiently
      • Is now possible to print up to 30 tweets from terra_battle_en, terra_battle_FR and terra_battle and choose the order in which they are shown
      • Links, mentions and hashtags now printed correctly
      • Is now possible to filter tweets by type (Tweets, Retweets, Replies, Quotes)
      • Near each tweet an icon is shown; click on it to be redirected to the original content
    • Weekly Challenges ending date updated to Monday 11PM
    • Added links to Events Descriptions
    • Added Forum/Youtube links to Streams
    • Eidolons are now printed as any other events
      • Since Eidolons rotation can change anytime (as it happened few days before the update, during the last 1/2 Stamina Eidolon event), these are currently not printed on the Calendar.
    • Added a temporary fix for "Wiki Data as Desc" that caused the website to load the whole page from the wikia when certain events were on Arena
    • During the Main Quest Half Stamina events, the cost for entering a stage shown is now halved (and printed in orange).
    • History > Filter Events by Category now lists event by type, no more by Name (e.g. Bahamut Descend/Evolved/Ultra are all listed as Bahamut Descends)
    • Solved issues related to Calendar Recurrent Events (Weekly/Daily)
    • Solved issues related to Calendar Events without an ending date and with a same start/ending date
    • Solved bad dates on Calendar (e.g. Daily Bonuses before February 8th, 2015)
    • When available, PvP cups are now printed on top and show an always present countdown.
    • Greatly reduced the number of HTTP requests for characters
    • Solved the issue of image cache not updating after new items/otomos were introduced
    • Low quality Banners and Thumbnails are now shown only when browsing TBc on mobile; on desktop, high quality images are now printed by default.
      • You can change the images quality on the Settings page
    • Fixed a little issue that caused the correct DD ending time on timezones with min != 0 not to be printed correctly
    • Is now possible to set customized Lower and Higher "Caps" for timezones through settings (for those who can set UTC+14)
      • I still didn't find a way to include the -12h timezone
    • About page updated
    • Under Settings (below the "new TB day" date), is now printed the starting date for DD when using the "timezone trick"
    • Other boring changes and little adds about which nobody cares
    • The usual under the hood boring stuff

Last edited: May 30, 2016
  7. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    http://tbc.silverdb.it

Released another update:
    As always, I'll spend the next few days cleaning up the code and addressing eventual bugs.
    I released this update today because 1. of the upcoming Guaranteed EXP event for Companions 2. for time reasons.

Some elements of the UI need a refinement and there's a chance that some data showed might be wrong, so please, take a look at TBc data during the next Companion event and tell me if everything works as is supposed to, thank you in advance.
    :disappointed:

The search URL is now cleaner and the retrieved data can now be sorted; at the moment, the available sort options are:
    • for Units
      • Default order (by ID)
      • By Rarity
    • for Items
      • Default order (the Inventory order)
      • By Type (similar but better)
    • for Companions
      • Identifier (by ID, used in the Companium Compendum)
      • Default order (Companion menu)
      • By Rarity
    Later this month I'll start to work on retrieving data from TBS and to use it on TBc (owned units/companions, highlight needed items/monsters on DD, ... )

Also, I'd like to you remind you that:
    • The Searchboxes on TBc automatically gain the focus (i.e. you don't need to click on the textbox first, just start typing and then press Enter to start a search ;) )
    • Search also shows results for mistyped names, for example:
      • "baal" instead of "Bahl"
      • "EILEN" instead of "Eileen"
      • "eco" instead of "Echo"
      • "pizfer^" or "pizferlambda" instead of "Piz'fer Λ"
      • "Mitrilsw" instead of "Mythril Sword"
    Characters/Items Search Results point to the Wiki while Companions point to a TBc page (which also include the link to their wiki page)

Now, about the Companion Data:
    • Cleaned up both "Similar" and "EXP Table" tabs
    • Added a "Stat" tab, with Stats, SB, Fusing EXP provided and Coin value for each level
    • Added more features to the "EXP Table" tab
      • Is now possible to set an "ending" level
      • Is now possible to set an exp "offset" (the EXP needed to reach the next level)
      • Added a "quick feed" feature to quickly increase EXP/Lv of a Companion by feeding it Metal Minions.
        • Before feeding them, the new level and the remaining EXP are showed
        • Is possible to set an EXP bonus (+0%, +25%, +50%, +100%)
        • Is possible to feed Metal Minions, Metal Minions Lambda and Glassy Minions Lambda
      • Added more stats on the "Summary" tab
    Here's a random Companion page, take a look :)
    Earth Sword

I was also working on a "Character Page" that allowed to compare stats among different characters, but Matthieu beat me, so I'm giving the priority to other features.

8. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    I just released another update; (almost) nothing new this time, just a bunch of improvements.
    During the following days I'll work on improving the loading times for the "Notices" section by reducing the images size, making them load faster than they do on the TB client.

I'm also working on a feature I'm sure many of you (especially the newbies) will like, I hope to be able to release it soon :)

so... here's what has changed

Ph B and supergaijin like this.
  9. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    So, today I finally found some time to do that edit to the "Notices" page I mentioned in the last post:
    • Images are no more retrieved from MW Web-Server
    • Non-banner images are now cleaner and weight ~80% less
    • Banners weight ~60% less (if browsing TBc from a PC or if the option "Images Quality" is set to "High")
    • Banners weight ~90% less (if browsing TBc from a Smartphone/Tablet or if the option "Images Quality" is set to "Low")
    • A boring edit to the code to increase the speed new Notices are retrieved by few times.
    High Quality Banners are currently a little "blurry" (and this bothers me ...a lot <.<), I'll (try to) fix this as soon as I have a chance.

Ph B, Pims and supergaijin like this.
  10. Pims

Pims Member

Nice job ;)

11. Domivi

Domivi Active Member

Something I randomly found just now, On your items column, I was checking the double drop rate for ch5-10 etc, and it seems like all the drops of 35-10 show up as 35-8? (Well, green ring and temporal helix anyway). Mousing over the field however, shows the proper boss.

Attached Files:

12. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    whoops, fixed :)

Thank you very much for telling me :)

Domivi likes this.
  13. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    Just a very quick update:

Since the Junior Cup is coming back, I added a filter on the Search Page to categorize Units by their generation, here's the list of all the "Children" that will get buffed (unless MW changed something) in the next PvP event, be sure to make them reach Lv 90 as soon as possible :)

http://tbc.silverdb.it/?u=sortGen#gen1

Samba, supergaijin and Domivi like this.
  14. JayJay

JayJay New Member

wow! this is great man! looks so nice!

15. Kovaelin

Kovaelin Active Member

This is a great resource. Thanks for making it.

16. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    I'm currently working on the next big update, but because of other commitments it should take me few more weeks: it will include fixes, new features and some improvements to the items list ^-^

Pims and Kovaelin like this.
  17. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

I have one minor request that I think would make this a lot more useable. Could the all of the times be displayed in your own local time vs UTC? That way you don't have to do math to figure out when a metal zone actually pops up!

18. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    In case the Timezone detected is not yours, you can choose a custom one from the Settings Menu (the link is on top-right of the screen... I know, is hidden, I didn't make a good work with the UI); from there, you can also set a custom "Mean Time" (UTC, PDT, ... ).

The next big update should be out before the end of August.

yeezus likes this.
  19. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    Kept you waiting, huh?

I'm happy to annunce that TBc has just been updated :)

In few lines, here's what has changed:
    Unfortunately, because some features that I wasn't able to add (or add properly) and others I didn't have time to test properly, I find this update a little disappointing :sorry: :(

Link to the Website: http://tbc.silverdb.it
    Link to the Settings: http://tbc.silverdb.it/?TBc=s

Below, I'll mention the "Settings menu" more than once; if needed, use the link above to change your preferences (banners quality, preload preferences and so on).

As always:
    • this update comes later than I expected,
    • some of the features this update adds are incomplete,
    • I spent a lot of time working under the hood,
    • Except for some fixes, don't expect new features to come very soon, I need to take some time for me.

More space and Better quality for the In-Game Announcements
    Even if the data showed is (obviously) always the same, I made some improvements to the Notices section:
    • Thanks to some big improvements to the script that retrieve them, is now possible to choose (from the Settings) how many annuncements to show, from 1 to 30. This list is now updated every 20 minutes instead of every hour.
    • The banners and the images printed are now both sharper and ligher. Under certain circumstances, a bug in the previous "version" increased their size: compared to the original and the previous ones, the size for the last 10 notices (26 August, 02:00 AM >> 30 August, 02:00 AM) are:
    TYPELQHQ
    ORIGINAL
    Banner1.64MB (100%)1.64MB (100%)
    All6.10MB (100%)6.10MB (100%)
    OLD
    Banner187 KB (11.1%)598 KB (35.6%)
    All3.83MB (62.7%)4.23MB (69.3%)
    NEW
    Banner194 KB (11.5%)224KB (13.3%)
    All1.34MB (21.9%)1.37MB (22.4%)
    Examples: [Original] | [old: High Quality | Low Quality] | [new: High/Low Quality]
    Some of you won't notice the difference, but i assure you that the quality of the new banners is a lot higher than the old ones' :)
    • When visiting that page from mobile/tablet, the full announcements (text + non-banner images) are now loaded dynamically (this means you need Javascript enabled on your browser) in order to save bandwidth. You can change this behavior from the Settings menu.
    • In a similar way it already happens on the Tweets page, by clicking on the icon on right of a banner you'll get redirected to the official annuncement on terra-battle.com

More power to the Searches:
    The search page has been updated too, and it now includes few little and nice features :)

First of all I (finally) added the missing data from 4.2 (yay); I'll wait to add data from the Luck boxes until we know more about the drops.

I also fixed few little and annoying bugs, like the one that prevented units and items with a shortened name (e.g. "Fortified Ox. Bul.") to be returned when searching for their full name, and the one that used to give the focus to the searchbox when changing the volume of your PC by using the hotkeys (yeah, again, finally...).

Second, is now possible to change, from the Settings menu, the language used for displaying Units, Items and Companions: all the in-game languages are available (English, Japanese, French, German, Spanish and Chinese) :)

Third, is now possible to filter the characters by Weapon and Attribute, so, if you are curious to see the complete list of all the "Elemental Weapons" (Czekras, Samatha, ...) you now have it ;)

For making the things easier for everybody, when the PvP Event [Junior Cup #2] was annunced I added a "Generation" filter when searching for units, so that players were able to see what characters were gifted by a stats bonus. This option has been removed, but something better took its place: on the menu on top of each page, go over the sub-menu "Utils" to make appear a dropdown menu, then click on "Children Characters" for a list of all the characters available sorted by Generation.

A similar list is also available for the species: from Utils, click on "Character Species" to see them all. When a PvP event like the Lizardfolk Cup or the Battlebot Cup is annunced, the list of the units that will gain a stats bonus during that event will be automatically selected.

Side note: on the same pages, a summary of the Junior, Lizardfolk and Battlebot cups can be found.

One more thing: remember that ugly "WIKI" button that showed up on the bottom-right of each companion every time you moved your mouse over / tapped on it? It's now back, and more annoying than ever!
    This edit was needed because, similarly to the one that already exists for Companions, the personal pages for Units and Items are added as well: this little button makes easier to read the corrispective wiki page, since when clicking on a name you are now always redirected to another section of TBc.

A terrabattleDB-similar item list
    The main reason why I created TBc is making people know what the best day for farming an item is;

If you play since TB came out, you probably already have hundred of Serenity Shoots and Terra Swordsteel, but novices don't. In a similar way the good ol' TBdb does (did?), the new Item Page lists all the stages where you can find that particular item, from the most remunerative stages to the worse one, telling you what other characters need that item to unlock new jobs (and what other items do they need --tip: by clicking on a name on this list, you can quickly reach the corrispective Item Page on TBc).

IMPORTANT: This page is currently under development; features like the list of the Event Items and "what is the best and closest date for farming it" are not active yet.
    (also, the UI needs some refinements, I know that :/ )

I really want to thank both @Tharos and @Matthieu for providing me the drop list for each story stage, saving me a lot of time.
    (for this reason, if you don't see a stage on the list - like one of the new chapters - don't point the finger at me :p )

I'd also want to remind you (or tell you, in case you started to play just recently) that TBStats has many of the features TBc has, sometimes better developed: the Item List is a nice example :)

A similar page is currently in development for characters. Right now it only prints that unit's stats (and the EXP needed) from lv1 to 90.

More ordered, More power to the newbies
    One of the features I'm most happy I have developed is the Event section. I listed there not only all the active/upcoming events, but also some useful links to the wiki, to the guides on the forum and even wrote down some short personal tips.

This update bring more links, short tips for almost all the events available and, most important, the ability to dinamically load the pages from the wiki for stages (yeah, I finally found some time to make it work properly). This feature can be actived from the Settings.

The most important items in the Trading Post are now showed on top of the Event Page, right between the Daily Quest and the Event List; the complete history of the items available in Trading Post can be found here (TBc) and here (Wiki); "Shibuya's Dungeons" category was obviously added to the History.

In a similar way it already happens on Terra Battle, Events are now grouped per type --- i.e. instead of seeying 4 different banners for Bahamut and 3 more for 8-Bit Orbling, you now see only 2 Banners; the red "+" button toggles the visibility for the grouped events.

One last thing about this section: for the currently active Weekly Challenges, I replaced the "Wiki" button with a "Video" one, that searches on Lobi video the runs uploaded by the other players :)

Now, about the Item / Monster farming:
    1. Fixed an issue that printed the wrong currently available Hunting Zone on Monday and Friday,
    2. (Hopefully) Fixed an issue that printed the wrong ending time for DD under certain timezones,
    3. Fixed an issue that printed the wrong dominant weapons/attributes on certain stages.
    4. I added an Event button.
    The Event Button prints (obviously) a list of all the most important items/units farmable during the upcoming and currently available events; unfortunately, I didn't make to add a couple of features I really liked, I'll try to add them as soon as possible.

I also know that someone, for some reasons, don't use the Timezone Trick. From the Settings menu is now possible to set the upper and lower timezone to the one currently in use, showing the real dates for the each DD bonus.

... oh, before I forget, is now possible to see the list of all the "not yet released" characters during a PoT event on the Server Events Tab :)

The stupid and annoying banners y'all love
    To try to make the life easier for everybody, I added 3 annoying banners on the bottom right side of the screen. They can be hidden from the Settings.

1. Added a "First time on TBc? Click here for the Settings/About pages" banner. That's stupid, because I still didn't had time to write something of useful on the About page.
    2. Added a reminder for the Hard Mode. It shows up 1 hour before the it becomes available and warns you that the HM is coming on the next hour / how much time left you have under it. More information about the Hard Mode can be found here
    3. Every time a new update is released, a banner will remind you, showing 3 links to the Apple Store, Play Store and to a downloadable APK.

And now, a fun fact:

As owner of the more economic domain available (the low-cost one: the extra poor hobo edition) I don't have access to many features, like the ability to change the PHP version used by the server.

Because of this, when I first published TBc I had to change the code I wrote in PHP7 to make it work on a server running PHP5. One day, some of the PRO services were randomly enabled on my account, so I quickly changed the PHP version used to 7, edited back the code I wrote, and introduced the periodic scan of both Notices and Server Events. These tasks were (and still are right now) executed, but since I don't have access to that panel anymore I can't turn the scheduled events off without contacting the Support, nor add new ones.

Because of these limits, I wasn't able to make some important improvements and, most important, is possible (read: there's a low chance) that the feature I'm about to write about won't always works as expected, since I'm currently relying on an external service in order to make it work.

BECAUSE OF SOME CHECKS I NEED TO DO FIRST, I CURRENTLY DISABLED THIS FEATURE.
    (I just hope to find the time to do them :S )

It took me less time than I though; the following feature is now enabled :)

Email notifications for everyone!
    The feature I was talking about on the previous paragraph allows you to get notified by email every time something happens :)

For this, I obviously need you input your email address (you don't say?) and a password. The password is required only to prevent people that know your address to change your notification preferences (even if the passwords are well-encrypted, I suggest you to choose a different one from those your usually pick, just to be sure ;) ).

After you typed them, you can choose to see your preferences, overwrite them and delete your account.

Unless you expressly asked to get notified again for a task you set, that task will be deleted from the database. An account without tasks associated gets automatically deleted.

Said this, here's the complete list of all the events that trigger a notification, and how often the Server checks if is needed to send one to the user:

Notify when my stamina reaches a certain value

All you have to do is to write down your current Stamina (no need to specify how many mins to the next +1) and the value that has to be reached before getting notified. By default, this value is { MAX STAMINA - 3 }.

Checks are done every 5 minutes;

Notify when something changes on Server

Right now you'll get notified.. well... every time something changes on the Server. This means that you'll receive a mail every time an event is added (that could happen before it's added to the Official Schedule, the day it is activated and on the weekly Eidolon rotation.

Checks are done once a day at 12:05 AM UTC (5 minutes after the "daily reset");

Notify on event start

Events are ordered by "categories"; the same categories you see under Events > History.

This means you don't have to choose between "Coin Creeps I" and "Coin Creeps III": every time a Coin Creeps event will be added you'll get notified.

Events are checked once per day, at 12:05 AM UTC (5 minutes after the "daily reset");

Note: Events are picked from the Google Calendar I made; if I pick a wrong date you might get notified anyway.

Notify when an Eidolon comes back in Arena

Self Explanatory; Eidolons (Artemis, Lamia, Phoenix / Chaos, Valkyrie, Raijin) alternate weekly.
    I forgot to add a filter for days (alert me X days before they'll come back) as I did for the other events; after I quickly tried to add it and realized it doesn't work as expected for this kind of events (because of the way I implemented it), I decided to hide this filter for now.

Notify when a new Notice is published

Notice is the way I call an in-game annuncement (those you see - or skip - every time you log-in to Terra Battle).

Checks are done 3 times per hour;

Notify when the Hard Mode starts for certain stages (between 12 and 1 AM/PM)

I'm getting tired to write, you can read more about the Hard Mode here.

Check are done every 5 minutes (between 11:00 AM / 1:00 PM UTC, and 11:00 PM / 1:00 AM UTC)

Notify when the Weekly Challenge is almost over

Many, like me, wait until few days before the Weekly Challenge is over before clearing it... unfortunately, happens sometimes that people wait so much to miss it, and this means losing not 1, but 2 Energy (novices, acknowledge that many of us that play since the game came out don't have problems to reach top 5000 :happy: )
    [​IMG]
    Remember that Weekly Challenges end on Monday at 11:00 PM, not at 12:00 AM!!

Notify when a [World Map] Metal Zone opens

As y'all know, Metal Zones are the best place where to get A LOT of EXP... (un)fortunately, Metal Zones on the World Map are not always open (you find the complete schedule on crape.org, TBS and TBc); more Metal Zones are unlocked by proceeding the story (click here for more information about).

Checks are done every 5 minutes;

Notify when a new 2x Daily Bonus takes effect

TBc already gives you an idea of when the best day for farming an item is (I mean... I made it for this!); now I give you a more powerful tool to know when this day comes ^-^

Again, I'm getting tired to write; checks are done every 5 minutes.

Currently known issues and stuff on my toDo list (related to the notification feature):
    • When registering a reminder for an Item/Monster DD and don't check the option "Take into account the 'Timezone Trick'", if you are using an uncommon Timezone (like UTC+6:30, or UTC+8.45), that value is currently rounded up, so you will receive a reminder earlier than expected;
    • Overriding your notification settings, in case you were already notified about an event you previously set, you might get notified again;
    • The user is not alerted when he/she update his/her preferences;

... and more!
    As always, I made some changes to the code in order to improve the performance of the website, fixed few little - and annoying - errors, and more. Here are some of the things I made and didn't list above:
    • Tweets can now be ordered more easily,
    • When clearing your preferences from the Settings, a popup now ask you if you are ok with that (requires javascript to be enabled on your browser),
    • Increased performance for those who have a slow connection,
    • fixed minor bugs :3
    • ....more (I wanted to write a long list but I can't remeber anything else right now)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    Ph B, Matthieu, Lianna and 5 others like this.
  20. Kupo

Kupo Active Member

Wooooh.

Such hard and good work !