TB Compendium Web App [last update: 7th March]

Discussion in 'General' started by Silver Mitsuki, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Vicioustein

Vicioustein Active Member

You are the man Silver !

Silver Mitsuki likes this.
  2. JayJay

JayJay New Member

very nice! thanks so much for keeping up the good work!

3. Eladrin

Eladrin Member

Trophy: I read that post ! ;)

Tujion, Tharos and Silver Mitsuki like this.
  4. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    Thank you guys :love:

:eek: All of it?
    :eek: you.. have nothing better to do while SBing? xDD

5. Pims

Pims Member

6. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
  7. Kovaelin

Kovaelin Active Member

Thank you, once again! Awesome work!

8. Tujion

Tujion Well-Known Member

Didn't fully read the post. :( *respects Eladrin*

9. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    Released another update, a smaller one this time; I'm getting tired and I won't spend time to write one of those long changelog of mine:
    • Added a Stamina Calculator to estimate how many runs you'll be able to do between two dates;
      • Example 1: Between right now and the end of the event, I'm able to run Bahamut 3 for 21 times, keeping 27 stamina unspent.
      • Example 2: Between now / end of the event, I can run 8-bit Hiso 1 433 times; by using 2 NegPro, I should recruit him 74 times... anyway, considering it takes me, let's say, only 1 minute, the stamina regenerated while playing it allows me to run it 480 times, for a total of 8 hours (ugh!) and 82 recruitments.
    • Added the weekly rotation of BLO (Bahamut, Leviathan and Odin) to the Event List;
    • Updated the "Arena" Drops; now, if an item/monster has also a Luck requisite to drop, a treasure chest icon is showed. Tap / Move your mouse over that icon to see from what box it can be found;
    • Updated drop data for Companions, added Luck locations,
      • Tap / Move your mouse over the clover icon to see from what stage does the otomo drop,
      • Tap / Move your mouse over the arrow (upgrade) icon to see from what companion does that otomo evolve,
      • This also work on the Companion specific pages;
    • Added the otomo's class and a link to the wiki to the Similar tab on the Companion's specific page,
      • Other improvements: I'm getting tired and nobody ever read my changelogs;
    • Started to work on the Character's specific page; before it only listed the stats/EXP for each job/level, now is possible to define a starting/ending level and the exp needed to level up; on the General Tab you can see how much exp is needed to make that unit reach the defined "ending level",
      • example: In order to give Bahamut the 100.000 EXP he needs to reach lv80, you need at least 200.000 EXP if you are going to bring 2 characters on MZ and distribute the EXP 50/50, or 142.857 if you decide to prioritize the low level units (70/30);
    • More stuff, especially little things.

Ph B, Pims, cjguitarman and 2 others like this.
  10. Tujion

Tujion Well-Known Member

Tuj finished reading this tiring changelog and sent Silver a :cat::kiss:.

The biggest advantage of tbc over tbs is speed. :love: There is no more need for me to go to tbs any more, now that I can look up level-capped stats on tbc.

11. Pims

Pims Member

thanks so much for your hard work

12. cjguitarman

cjguitarman Active Member

TBC is a great resource and keeps getting better and better!

13. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    Added 4.3.0 data;

Today I had an unexpected free day, so I took this occasion to release a little update; nothing of really important since its main purpose is to address few little errors on certain browsers and to update some data (all things I don't usually make a post about), anyway I also added a couple of other things, you might want to know it (especially the second one, since is a little hidden):
    • On top right of each stage (on the Event tab) a clover is now printed for the levels that drop something of interesting when using an high Luck team; move your mouse (or tap on the icon) to see what is the luck requirement for the items/companions to drop (useful to know what companion can be found on the active/upcoming daily quest).
    • As those who use TBc know, the "Video" button positioned near each Weekly Challenge allows to do a quick search for the recordings posted from other players on Lobi; under Settings > "Search WC videos on this YT Channel" (scroll down, right now is the only textbox available) you can specify if you'd rather look for them on youtube.
      • Leave this textbox empty to keep searching on Lobi;
      • Write Silver (uppercase/lowercase don't matter) to search on my channel. I usually record all my runs, but since sometimes I don't have enough time I just copy one of my previous runs (but I guess that for many of you is easier than looking for a jp/ch video and try to figure out what skills the player has assigned to each character);
      • Write the name of the channel you want to search -- e.g. write UCZnG1AhuEJsw-DWG5aaJlEw to search for videos on my channel ("silver" is easier to remember, right? :3).

Also, I don't know why I didn't do that before (since it required only few lines of code), but now the currently active 2x Bonus is automatically recognized when looking at an item-specific page; I remind you that that page shows incomplete data and... I think it might be the next thing on I will focus (I wanted to complete the "character page" first, but I will mainly work on graphs and stuff, and outside PvP events is not a feature that useful...), I'll make you know what I'll do next :3

Of course, if you have any suggestion on what I should focus next I'd be happy to hear it :)

cjguitarman, Guaparrón and Ph B like this.
  14. Vicioustein

Is it possible to add "progress status" section like tbs.desile ? :rolleyes:

desile's really out to date despite all Mathieu's efforts :(

15. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    The purpose of "TB info" (temp name) was to show the items that could be farmed each day, plus your units, items, companions, PvP badges and so on, allowing users to search for other players' data / data on the wiki directly through the website: a ligher version of TBS.

The more time passed, the less users shared their TBS with others, so that I thought to move away from that path and to develop something different from TBS' most used feature; I could make something like that, but it would require the time I could spend on fixing the existing bugs and adding other features (responsive UI and dynamic loading+local caching in primis), and I'd rather focus on them, so that users could have less - but working - features instead of more incomplete ones.

Knowing that Matthieu is too busy to keep TBS updated makes me very sad, but it might be also due to temporary personal problems, maybe in few days/weeks everything would be back to normal :)

Sorry Vicious, but for now the answer is no, but thank you very much for asking :disappointed:

16. Vicioustein

Thanks Silver for your answer and for all the efforts you did for the web site. It's really appreciated :cat:

17. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    These days I don't have much time to spend at home (so I can't work as much on TBc as I'd like :S ), meaning that I can't investigate properly on what is causing the timezone "reset" some users are facing; because of this, all I could do was releasing a couple of quick fixes to what might cause it. During the next days I'll keep an eye on it, make me know if you keep having troubles :worry:

Q: What is this timezone thing you are talking about?
    A: Many of the events on Terra Battle have an expiring date: some of them (like the Eidolons available in Arena) rotate weekly, others are available once per month for few days: depending on your Timezone, an event might start/end at 2AM (UTC+2) or at 8PM (EDT). TBc should make it easier for everyone to track these dates.

The first time you visit TBc, the website retrieves your timezone automatically and cache it for any future use. In case the timezone shown on top left of the homepage is not yours (it might happen), you can set a different one from the Settings menu (an annoying popup will also remind you).

From that moment, the timezone you/the system set will be used; in case you don't want to "cache" this data and want TBc to detect your current timezone every time you visit it, you can uncheck the option "Use Timezone Cache" from the Advanced Settings Menu (Settings > Show advanced option).

Happens sometimes (??) that another timezone is considered by the System instead of the one previously detected/defined. The only possible cause I found (after a quick check) is a bad index used for storing the timezone data in case none was previously set: for example, I play under the Europe/Rome timezone (UTC+2), but when it was time to cache the timezone used, Europe/Riga (UTC+3) was saved instead (this only on the first time I visited TBc from a new device/browser or after deleting my cookies, more about it below).

Q: How do you store data and why didn't I have this problem before?
    A: Ok, the "why didn't I have this problem before" part is invented, I'm just assuming nobody ever had this problem before.

In order to store users' data I used Cookies in the past. For every setting different from their default value, a cookie was sent with every request: with this method, users with a bad connection that changed many settings might took a little more time to navigate through TBc, so with 30th Aug update I made the website handle this kind of data by using Sessions.

Now data is kept on the Server and the only information stored on your machine is a little cookie containing the identifier of that session, like the key of a locker: your preferences are all kept in the same space and losing only some of them shouldn't be possible, as far as I know is all or nothing (and the problem shouldn't be attributed to my server).

The only 2 ways to lose all your preferences at once are:
    1. By clearing your Session Identifier (with softwares like CCleaner or by manually deleting it),
    2. By waiting for the session to expire.
    Another change I made today was to increase the lifetime of each session from 4 weeks to 120 days, this way your preferences will be kept on the Server for more time;

so... all this only to tell you that the "timezone reset" issue should be fixed (although is not really a "reset"...), but please, make me know if you are having difficulties because right now for me is pretty hard to test if everything is working properly :worry::disappointed:

=========================================

Quick update on what the next big patch will do:
    • Fix some visual errors through different browsers
    • Fix some visual errors displayed in every browser (like that stupid "Luck" icon on the event banners that messes up the position of the "Wiki" button <.< )
    • Make a couple of changes to those annoying banners I added last time (I remind you they can be hidden from the Settings by unchecking the option "Show informative banners")
    • Add a lot more information on the specific Item pages (not like is currently doing) and display more accurate information on where to farm each item when looking at the items list (the next patch will add only the data for the story chapters; events and special drops will be added later), highliting all the items that can be farmed efficiently on that day (because of the best drop rate ratio or the best stamina value)
    • Show the composition of many stages (in order to have a quick look at what you can drop/recruit on chapter 37, for example) - again, only the data from the story stages will be showed at first, events and special drops (e.g. ch35 Xaepha drops one random species-type item and one random tear or particle) will be added later, this because I'm a lazy and sadistic player that likes to see you struggling with an unfinished product.

18. Tujion

Tujion Well-Known Member

Just checking for Silver's progress. Nice.

I don't use TBc. <- Fact but cruel?
    Well Silver does not care because I am not a TB player.

19. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    You keep confusing me... do you or do you not play TB? Because if you do you are a TB player ù.ù
    There are many players who love TB more than you do right now that barely know about the TBc existence, I'm more than ok with you checking this thread :)

20. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    Just a very quick update about the [Email Notification] feature:
    some time ago I had some problems with the service that handles the scheduled operations and I was forced to change it; after doing this I... well... kinda forgot to set the time tables for the daily and weekly reminders, that should now work as expected; these are:
    • Notification when a group of Events is coming back [1, 2, 3, 7 days before];
    • Notification when an Eidolon is coming back [0 days before];
    • Notification when a new Weekly Challenge becomes available [0 (last day to run the old one), 1, 2, 3, 4 days before].
    I know that some don't really work as expected (the Metal Zone and the Hard Mode ones for example send a notification 1 hour later than they should...), but I don't really have time to work on it now :sorry:

Also, the development of the new update proceed kinda slowly, forgive me :worry:

Tujion likes this.