TB Compendium Web App [last update: 9th January]

Discussion in 'General' started by Silver Mitsuki, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    You can access to TBc from here http://tbc.silverdb.it/

Q: What is TB Compendium?

A: It's a Web App I made to help players farming for stuff and looking for other information, it includes:
    • A lot of links to the Wiki
    • The currently open Hunting Zones
    • The [World Map] Metal Zone opening schedule
    • A list of all the best stages where to farm for items and recruit monsters, telling you when the next DD (2x) Bonus will come
    • A list of all the upcoming events (even those unannunced :) )
    • A list of all the past events (in case you are curious to know how long usually pass from 2 similar events)
    • Recent tweets
    • A sortable list of all the Characters, Items and Companions available
    • Information about the EXP needed by a Companion to level up, how its stats will increase, and more
    If needed, you can change the default timezone, default page shown and more from the Settings Page.

The Compendium is under active development and, even if the Real Life is slowing me down (by a lot :S ) I can assure you that more features are on their way.

Hi everybody.

First of all I apologize for the the bad syntax, I didn't sleep this night and wanted to (quickly, since I need to leave) open this thread before starting this new week (is 8AM here).

tl;dr version of the post:
    As many of you already know, even if I really like to (try to) help others I'm always very busy IRL. Unfortunately, this weekend all my appointments felt through at the last minute, so I found myself with a lot of free time: since passed months from last time I coded something just for fun I decided to make a little app (just for me, that was my initial idea) which lists Daily Bonuses and other stuff, here's what came out:

Everything is temporary: I hosted it on an old (free) space I used a couple of years ago; servers are in Italy, so this might take some of you some time to load it.

(lol, I spent most of the time building the data structures)

The UI needs obviously some refinements, but the important thing is that it works.

Screenshot (50).jpg

What does it show/do:
    ===============================================================================

I started this thread for asking you if you would ever use a similar web app and if I should keep working on it; I'd also like to know what other stuff I could add, here are some examples:

current toDo list
    ::EDIT - I removed the complete list, on "quote" a summary of what the app lacks (no technical stuff)

Since I need to get some experience, an Android/iOS app might come on May/June or so.

Oh, I also need a name for it... suggestions? TB Info? TB Stat(u)s? (Mattieu, please don't sue me)

@ Novices: If you never heard about it, TBS (Terra Battle Stats) is a wonderful web app made by another TBF user which can help you keeping trace of your progress; read more about it here.

@Matthieu please, don't take this as a challenge, you know I can't compete with TBS xD (I just wanted to know if users would be happy to have a choice)
    ** important: TBS offers a different and "heavier" service from my app. Offering a different UI and the ability to share more easily their data, I want to encourage users to keep their TBS data updated **

@Rydia NO, I still didn't play The Binding of Isaac. I will, just not now! Jeez, give me a break!
    (you know I'm kidding Rydia :love: )

@Azure I always wondered if Spanish and Mexican accents are much different. PM me if you know the answer.

===============================================================================

Suggested names for this new "Web App":
    Suggested features by the community, bolded have the priority. Not everything might be introduced.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
    SatchmoBGW, BlackSama, tobsy and 23 others like this.
  2. White Mage

White Mage Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Call it....Terra Battle Data. :cigar:
    And to answer your question about accents, it depends on which part of Mexico we are talking about. But they are different. ;)

Edit: Better yet, call it Terra Battle Radiant. :cigar:

Silver Mitsuki likes this.
  3. Kindren

Kindren Member

This might just be me, but I would like to see all the maps in Terra Battle consolidated somewhere. I thought TBx did a fantastic job of their maps, but they went defunct a little over a year ago, so they only have maps for the 30 main story missions, and the 3 descends. The Wiki has been putting out maps ever since TBx disappeared, but 1: the images never really looked as good on the wiki, and 2: I'm still having to go to two different sites to look at different maps. If you could consolidate all the maps including events, co-op, etc. then I would think this app would be a tremendous help.

Edit: To elaborate some more, when I say the images on the wiki don't look as good, I'm comparing things like this
    [​IMG]
    to this
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
    supergaijin and doodootron like this.
  4. Dr. Class

Dr. Class Well-Known Member

Medals:
    How about Gegonago Battle: Info
    or Terra Gegonago Manager
    or Gegonago Gegonago - The WebApp
    or Gegonago Gegonago Gegonago

Or rather TB Organizer/Coordinator/Catalogue but I prefer the first few.

By the way, I admire what you're doing, and think it's a great idea :D

5. Christian

Christian Active Member

World of Terra Battle ( WTB )
    or
    Terra Battle Guidance ( TBG )

This is a good idea and very very helpfull for new player

6. Matthieu

Matthieu Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Users should always have a choice :)

I like the UI, I would have never have the courage to do something as rich

La Lumière and Silver Mitsuki like this.
  7. Matthieu

Medals:
    That's something @Raijinili asked me, but I never found time to actually think of it but that would be really nice.

8. Terra-Em

Terra-Em Well-Known Member

I would love to either choose or automatically check the standard time you want. a drop down would be good. I love how you show where to farm the items as well.

9. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    Good name, I'll take it into account. TB Radiant (which is pretty cool) sounds like some sort of TB spinoff or a sequel xD
    I never tought about implementing something like this (I was leaving the task of describing the stages to the wiki, since this is one of its tasks and I don't want to "take away" users from another service); this app was made mainly for helping experienced users farming items (and many of us already know the enemy placement on 6-8, 26-5, 31-10 ...), so this "map implementation" won't have the priority, but damn if I like the idea of being able to easily look at all the stages/events maps *insert old farmer accent here*, if the wiki won't add them I probably will :) (thank you!)
    The Gegonago language will be added later (not joking)
    I prefer the first few too, but since not many talk "Gegonago" (and mine is really rusty) there might be problems understanding what this app does.
    Doesn't "World of TB" already exist? (some kind of ...book, or something? Am I remembering wrong? Maybe I'm just confusing with this one...)
    Thank you very much ^-^
    I'm obviously trying to do something as lighter and cleaner as possible :) (and "touch-friendly").
    I really, really like the export PNG feature (and I use it all the time), but I think that people with a data plan or a slow internet access might like more a different solution, there's why I came out with this :)
    On the toDo list few seconds after I started coding it, is on its way ;)

I forgot to add this earlier: as you may noticed, clicking on "Silver Mitsuki" on top-left of the page you'll be redirected to my TBF profile: I was thinking about adding a search function for allowing users to see other players' data (if they allow it through their settings), what do you think? (data won't be officially linked to TBF database though).

The "Youtube" link can be replaced with Lobi (or something else) if somebody here use it.

La Lumière and Dr. Class like this.
  10. Azure

Azure Member

@Silver Mitsuki yes the accents are quite different, give me a phone number/whatsapp, line ID, or team speak via pm and I'll show you my accent as I whisper sweet nothings to you *wink wink* xDDD

11. Jirokichi

Jirokichi Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Really nice job @Silver Mitsuki ! I'm very impressed with the UI :O I really only have one suggestion (aside from the ones you already listed as todo stuff), and that is marking the level 90s on the characters with another color, like the 100% SB you're already marking in yellow for example.

As for added features, I have a fun one: PoT/CoT pulls simulator. You can even try to do a 10x event version or something xD I know, it's not really that useful, and most of the veterans (the ones with their PoT at 100%) won't really use it... but it's fun! xD

EDIT: Hmmmmm Mozzarella Firefox *drools*

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  12. benjides

benjides New Member

Whoa impressive job haha.
    I intended to do myself one but I lack of time due to exams and work haha (I have a simple schema and a lot trash code for it).
    Is it planned to be like a substitute of the dead terrabattlex? Because I loved it and it was pretty well organized and polished.
    By the way, I can see you are using PHP if you need any help on it i can provide my knowledge for it.
    And if you are also having in mind of a RESTful API i would like to do an Android App too.
    Waiting for more news and as already said amazing.

13. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    I like it, Matthieu marked them with a darker (sea?) green than the one used for the lower levels, I think I'll do something like that (but I won't use I won't use 2 colors too similar to eachother, like yellow and gold are), thank you for the feedback ^-^

=Q______ I can't spend time with this... I mean, this deserves a web app on its own!!
    I would spend my afternoon(s) pulling from there xD (maybe ...cheating a bit for knowing the feel of pulling x10... no, x100 golds in a row :angelic: :D )

I perfectly know how do you feel... the worse is when you have to quit working on something you love because you lack of time :(

I wasn't planning about replacing tbx, but I might one day. At the moment my target is to allow users to show other players their progresses and help them farming items and monsters, more will follow :)

I've been using PHP for few years from now (in my free time, not every day/month) and I used it because... well, because I find it fun ^-^ (and it doesn't need big and bulky runtimes in order to work); anyway, I think I won't need help with this, but I might for developing the Android App, thank you for your proposal! (seriously, if I will manage to find some time during the next months I'll PM you ;) )

Thank you everybody, reading your posts make me want to keep working on it :)

14. benjides

benjides New Member

So it seems that I have free way to continue with my tbx remake(terrabattleZ cause of the Z recode ) I hope to have something solid soon if the university doesn't swallow my life :dead:.
    I have been using PHP for 2 years so I am less exprienced than you. I started with It as side-programming language and I enjoy it cause the freedom it gives but like you all in my spare time, nothing professional.
    Hope the best for your project and luck with it. ASAP it is finished I would be delighted to use it ;).

15. ducnh85

ducnh85 Active Member

just terra battle guide.. easy..

16. Devin F

Devin F Member

I like the UI, good job. I'll use it if its up and running. Not to mention the fact that the current TB stats doesn't seem to let me save my user info. I've created about 4 accounts and had to reenter the data every time.

17. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    Thank you :love::love:
    I work on it every day and currently making some minor adjustements to the UI (and several enhancements to the code). Right now is a lot faster than TBS (and this is not only because I run it on local), but it still has a lot less features (which I won't probably implement), like the % Pact Completition and the boost/level History.

I highlight again that I never wanted to create an alternative to TBS, mine is a complementary app which can be used to see users data and dailies stuff in a more ordered (and efficient/lighter) way; the fact that (most of) your data will be importable from TBS is an invitation to keep your TBS account updated, allowing you to have a more complete situation of your account.

In the next version (which will precede the first one open to everybody) you'll also see a timetable for the Metal Zone and have the possibility to search for users' data (i.e. typing "Silver Mitsuki" in the Search box you'll be able to see all my data) :)

Considering my commitments, the app should be "ready" in about a month from now, so before the end of February (some features like filters and the calendar will probably miss for a couple of weeks-1 month).

I'm trying to complete it as faster as I can, I'm sorry to keep you all waiting :disappointed:
    Do you... ehm... ever logged after creating your account? xD
    on the bottom of the page there's a "Login" button, you need to click it almost every time before updating your data. After updating it you need to click on the "Save on Server" button, that's all. If this doesn't work for some reason, make Matthieu know by replying to TBS discussion

18. Devin F

Devin F Member

What I mean is it won't let me log back into my account, so I'm forced to create a new one when I revisit and start from scratch. I dunno what the problem is, and I've been too lazy to figure it out. lol I think I'll just wait for your version before revisiting it. Think you could add some method of quick entry for the units? Like shifting to the next unit in line after you're input all the data for the first one? I wish TBS had something like that, because inputting the data is a pain. That, and the default "0" in the fields can only be deleted after inputting a number alongside it. Makes data-entry a headache.

19. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    This is a big issue, you should have told this to @Matthieu earlier :S
    Post your problem on TBS thread, it might be a problem caused by special characters in your password/username (or because of their length, or even caused by a recent change done to the database).
    Right now a UI for allowing users to update their characters/items list is not planned (since many players use Matthieu's TBS they can easily export their data from his app, saving me a lot of time), but since TBS' way to list Otomos is different from the one I have in mind, a UI for Companions is on my toDo list.

My insert method for characters would be a little different from Matthieu's, but the biggest changes I would made are about removing the "owned"/"unlocked jobs" checkboxs (allowing in this way to move more freely from a character to another using the TAB key) and changing the filter used for sorting units (in order to list them exactly like TB does) while displaying units using a different (and bigger) UI. Anyway, once I released the first "version" of TBi (or whatever its name will be) you'll probably see an example on how I'll manage data updating with Companions, at that point I'll decide what to do next.

20. Matthieu

Medals:
    Good luck on this one :) it's been discussed before (but maybe in the French section) and there is no "universal" order, i.e. we found people with the same unit, same ordering and the units were not listed in the same order.