Terra Battle 4.5.0

Discussion in 'General' started by Tharos, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Loner

Loner Active Member

Anyone knows which characters will be in the next increased odds? I'm so close to rainbow road now and currently saving energy hoping for a Senala increased event...

2. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Active Member

fhs and Silver Mitsuki like this.
  3. Vagou

Vagou Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Sup guys, glad to see the game and community is still going strong :) Tharos is still around too!!

Tharos, FishInTheDark and BambY like this.
  4. Moebius

Moebius New Member

Is there any algorithm that says that if the value of Luck is higher, the harder it is to get it?
    (Trying week in Echo^ to tamp 1.8 Luck... While a few other characters have already gained about 5 or more Luck ...
    Just do not she... )

5. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

I have noticed what appears to be a subtle correlation between SB gain speed and luck gain speed (i.e. Z mages, which have 2x20% skills and 3 phases seem to gain luck at a slightly faster pace than 1 phasers). The difference is so small that it could just be coincidence though.

6. munk

munk Member

Felt the same, the last percents seem harder to get but it could be confirmation bias.

7. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Since stamina replenishes at a faster rate now, LB'ing Cockatrice^ on the last recode until you can reach 100L is easier than hoping for luck to fall from the sky.

Unless there's a LB increased chance event running the story/event levels to LB is a futile effort ime. LB value is determined server side at the beginning of a stage, and maybe the server hates me but after running Mobius/VH/Mobius Recode/Kino stageIII/34-10 for weeks the total luck gained across the board is under 5.0 points. And the majority of those runs are 30 stamina runs from recoding Echo too.

Of course if you've already finished recoding Echo^ to as close to 100 a possible then you're out of luck.

8. SetsunaF

SetsunaF Active Member

What are the odds for these character specific PoT events? I wanna go for senala.

9. Sean Bond

Sean Bond Well-Known Member

I don't think we know specific odds, but I'm relatively sure they're not that good. As I understand it, the upcoming event is basically, "Hey, if you spend energy and are lucky enough to draw a Z, you have better odds of it being Edg'low, Senala or Yukken^ than anyone else."

In other words, if you aren't close to the rainbow road (everything below Z is fully SB'ed), your odds of pulling a Z are still really low, and thus pulling Senala is pretty unlikely. I think the general consensus is that the "Z odds increased" events are what you're looking for (the events where your odds of pulling a rainbow card are higher than normal), if you're looking for the best chances of pulling a Z character.

SetsunaF likes this.
  10. Loner

Loner Active Member

Just as I thought, Senala increased odds. Yay! Then I realise I will only have one chance even though I will be on rainbow road at that time... Fuck!
    Seriously though, I have a feeling I will pull Edg'low next Tuesday... It's not like I don't want him but... Senala :banghead:

11. CloverKing

CloverKing New Member

Pulled Senala!! yay!!!

Saw recode items.... oh god....

Zeroelcapo likes this.
  12. Aleksandair

Aleksandair Member

I had the same thought when I pulled Mizell, I just finished levelling her and my plan is :
    • Farm Shin'en to 100L
    • Wait for Seiryu^ to be released
    • Go back to leveling hell
    • Pray that I'll be able to beat RDK with Mizell, Regenercell+Panda, Shin'en, Seiryu^, Invincible^ and Nia^
    • Recode Mizell
    • Go back to leveling hell

13. BlackSama

BlackSama Active Member

I don't have Recoded Lacuma, Senala or Mizell. In their base form they are good enough for me, My POT is completed though. In the current state of the game a unit that is not 100 luck is really really not that useful, and multiple recodes of those units is really really grindy and hard.

Sean Bond likes this.
  14. Sean Bond

Speaking as someone who doesn't have a nearly finished PoT, the reason I care more about a recoded Senala or Mizell than you would is that I don't have A) a dedicated Luxon-user (or whatever the hell the element is called) like Senala can be at ^ (with Tachyon being in the recode) and more importantly, B) I don't have any non-Palpa unit with taps (so Mizell^ or Senala^ would be amazingly useful).

As you've pointed out, however, I also have a useless (non-100L)team, so I have no hope of recoding either of those units were I to pull them in PoT. Since your PoT is completed, you've got your Schweiz, your Sayu, etc., so you don't need the magic of Senala^, the OP stats of either one, or the taps they bring.

15. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

To be honest luck has only 3 values in the game thus far:
    1 - TP farming in Strike Backs. You can get extra TP currenct in chests a-d which speeds up farming. The extra job items and even coins is negligible, in my opinion.
    2 - O companion farming. Admittedly this is a big one, but to be honest most the O/OII companions that are farmed with luck are just trap wards. There are a few that aren't, but they're usually not as good as a Skullsplitter, CE, Mog or Tera level weapon. Of course, PDZ is important, but that can be farmed without luck (although it's awful to do so).
    3 - Recode farming. Sure you get some extra items from chests, but the ones that matter (Wormholes, Helices, etc) drop too unreliably to be 'farmed' with luck. The main value of recode luck farming is to get the handful of items needed to recode Lacuma, Senala and Mizell (and more in the future, I'm sure) that ONLY drop from luck chests. Recoding the trio is a boon regardless, but getting their luck up to 100 is a pipe dream unless you're on the rainbow road or are very, very lucky.

Other than that you don't really need luck. You don't need it for TLS, M:FF, M:FFR, BLO, TP or even BC as you recruit and recode all the available characters without l80+.

16. Sean Bond

The reason I view Luck as being so important is because without it, I'm effectively out of luck with (extreme) endgame content until my PoT pulls are better. I can beat PDK, but I don't have the Luck to get Scarlet's tap companion or the PDK monster drop (for recoding). I don't have the characters for RDK currently (also haven't recoded any axion companions, but that's another story), but also wouldn't have the Luck for drops there. Clearly can't get into IDK.

Shin'en requires a companion that destroys kinetic wards (Luck) or the right units (RNG) as far as I know. Mutoh I forget, but I assume that's units almost entirely (RNG). Something as simple as Kraken Kino also has an ultimate goal I can't reach (OII) because of Luck, and a bunch of other events have similar end-rewards (Luck-based).

I'm having a good time with the content I can deal with, but it's not like if I could choose between finish FF: Mobius/the 8-Bit challenges and Shin'en/Mutoh/IDK I'd choose the former. It's just frustrating that every new door that's opened ("hey, I pulled Scarlet! Finally, a potential 2nd tapper") only reveals a closed door behind it ("oh, I'd need to beat PDK with a 100L team"). That's why I agreed with @BlackSama when they said a non-100L unit isn't very useful. It's basically 100L or nothing, to unlock many of the ultimate prizes currently in the game, and the other prizes just require better PoT luck.

LegendaryFrog likes this.
  17. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

This.. I like the way you worded this. This kind of feels like what happens often with each new patch.

Guess I'm a bit out of touch, but I do understand everything you're saying. I lost interest in the Rift Worlders because they were keeping me from the story (however little MW decided to include) and I don't have Mizell, Scarlet, or Violet since I haven't rolled in forever (doing another surge of SBing). I haven't even attempted to l100 farm the DKs other than IDK for PDZ, but that was only doable because I got Sayu after reaching the golden road and then I got Schweiz (and had Gatz from before) which all is stilll RNG doing its thing.

Like I said, # 2 is a big one, but my lack of interest in the extreme end game grind has left me a bit oblivious to your condition.

Sean Bond likes this.
  18. Sean Bond

Nah, I totally get it, and I really should get into SBing (since RNG is trying mightily to keep me from what I want). The reason I want to take on Shin'en and Mutoh is because 1) I play the game for characters, and those are two of the best 2) I love magic users (Mutoh is my #1 want currently), and 3) I like "epic" challenges (Dragon Kings, Riftworlders). But you're totally right, in the grand scheme of things, they're not that important. The Trading Post is probably the best thing that ever happened to this game, because it gives a pretty instantaneous feeling of accomplishment (you beat a kino, you get a BUNCH of TP items now), and also gives you very real, very useful rewards (which is something TB has traditionally been very bad at).

19. BlackSama

BlackSama Active Member

Luck is pretty much required for everything nowadays, for farming animata items for obvious reasons, for farming the big dragons, for farming the co-op bosses, for farming regular stages, for farming the dailys, for farming OIIs, for regular co-op, etc. The only thing where is not required are collaborations where thankfully there is no Luck Chest yet. In my opinion luck has become highly toxic on its own and yes I will say it again units without 100 luck are really not that useful in the current game, this is all MW fault though.

Luck highly remind me of the unpopular Asbestos mineral that used to be used to reinforce everything until they realized the thing was ridiculously toxic, and in case it was not clear before, I hate luck.

"Its properties were so desired that the United States military mandated its use in every branch of service. Asbestos was a perfect blend to make things better – except it was highly toxic, too. "
    https://www.asbestos.com/asbestos/

Sean Bond likes this.
  20. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Active Member

Is PDK not beatable with the "base 100L" team and Tonberries?

I was lucky I got Gatz the last pull, and with two tappers I can consistently beat PDK. If not for those fucking Kinetic traps.

I farmed Golem O2 last rotation, so hopefully I can beat Shin'en after I'm done levelling Bahl. Seriously though fuck kinetic traps.

LegendaryFrog likes this.