Why does not item / monster drop? Consolidated R&A Thread

Discussion in 'Rants & Accomplishments' started by Kivanc, Dec 6, 2014.

1. noobs

noobs Member

Thanks, the drop rate is way better there. I'll do that on the last day, if it doesn't drop on ultra until then. :)
    I really hope to save these 25 stamina pointspoints! :p

2. Tuo

Tuo Active Member

4 times trying to beat Bahamut Evolved... 4 times getting Suzaku... 0 times getting Kujata :sorry:

3. MikeS

MikeS Active Member

You do realize that probability of capturing Suzaku is about 17 times higher than it is for Kujata, do you? Without Nego, and with full Nego it's 99,9% vs 24%.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  4. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

6 MZ6K's in a row, no ^ metal buddy, seriously MW? Did the grind need to be THIS bad?

5. Tuo

Tuo Active Member

After having a long bad luck streak myself, I found myself on a good luck streak (including a +100% when using 4 MM^s for the first time on a B, which instantly maxed it, as well as a few MZ4s where I missed the 3rd MM but got a MM^ instead :p).

Just hang in there, and they'll show up...

...eventually

fo shizzle my nizzle likes this.
  6. Zeltian

Zeltian Member

30-8 today to get mantle helix, got 4 on my first 100 stamina, i used 1 energy to fill my stamina bar and it took me 70 sta to get my fifth one. it's quite annoying on a x2 day with gatz. At least i got a bunch of dark matters.. haha

7. supergaijin

supergaijin Well-Known Member

B rank buddies never need 4 MM^ :eek:

8. Hearts

Hearts Member

Grrr... Why won't Scar from 32-5 drop?! I burned like 3 Energy trying to get him for Amazora^... >.>

9. supergaijin

how many negotiators were you using? none? co-op using chat for help and he'll be almost guaranteed to drop on days when it's not double drop. if it's double drop, it will be guaranteed ;)

Hearts likes this.
  10. Ashitaka

Ashitaka Active Member

Dont do that next time :( He is available from PoF. Have you not finished PoF yet? Otherwise, drop in on chat and ask for Neg Pro loans or offer free runs and people will help you out. You might even find someone to trade runs if it's a double drop day.

Hearts likes this.
  11. blackelemental

blackelemental New Member

Merry Christmas @blackelemental! Have another useless Oxsecium from farming 26-5 instead of those Deepwater Helices you've needed!

GG Mistwalker.

12. supergaijin

So I had gud rng in captive golem i and ii, only having to run 4-5 times to get the items needed, but in iii, my luck has run out for now:

Run # and item(s) drop(ped):

1) ignorant flea :meh:
    2) sentient flame :meh::meh:
    3) forlorn stone :mad::mad::mad:
    4) lustrous tail :bored::bored:
    5) ignorant flea :meh::bored::mad:
    6) lustrous tail + parchment :nailbiting::woot:
    7) claw of fate + parchment :woot::woot:
    8) claw of fate + parchment :woot::woot::woot:

so, it only took 320 stam. not too bad overall, but dat rng, yo XD

(ineffable truths? what about my ineffable feelings from this unfortunate set of events? :hilarious: )

My alt's results in golem iii:

1) claw of fate + parchment :woot:
    2) claw of fate + parchment :woot::woot:
    3) ignorant flea + parchment :eek::woot::woot::eek:

dat rng, yo :troll:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    Bejda likes this.
  13. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if I should rant about this, but I tend to have better luck with Helix drops when the chapter isn't in bonus drop mode. This last time 26-5 was in bonus I got 2 Deepwaters in about 9 runs... the next day I got 3 drops in 3 runs. I'm not sure if I should praise my luck or curse it.

14. supergaijin

you were making the wrong sacrifices to rngesus. it's supposed to be your firstborn son, not one lamb, two goats, or three sheep :vamp:

15. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

But I ran out of first born sons the last time there was a bonus day and I needed Helixes for Rejin!

16. supergaijin

rngesus will not settle for second-best offers :troll:

Sean Bond likes this.
  17. Sean Bond

Sean Bond Well-Known Member

I know it's most likely just my misperception of how RNG is treating me, but I'm honestly a little skeptical at some of the stated drop rates of these damn recoding items; it took me almost 24 hours to get an Ether to drop (probably upwards of 200 stamina). It would make me feel a looooooot better if Tharos or someone came back and said, "hey, you know what? Turns out all these listed drop rates were too high!"

I was super excited when I drew SS Piz'fer a couple days ago, but after the amount of work it took me to get his Mantle Helices + Ether (not to mention level gaining), I'm starting to see the appeal of pulling Zs instead...

supergaijin likes this.
  18. supergaijin

overall, pulling z's has always been more efficient than recoding due to even just the minimum stamina required, not counting extra due to rng. I refused to recode any char that can be pulled from PoT, and still, the investment to recode just the descends and monsters was quite heavy :dead:

Sean Bond likes this.
  19. Sean Bond

Sean Bond Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm just nowhere near completing PoT and also don't SB% grind, so pulling Zs is super unlikely for me. Even so, the recoding is pretty awful. The sheer randomness (more like rarity) of the recode item drops makes it feel like you're rarely even making head way, and that's after you've reached level 80 in all 3 jobs (and let's be honest, SS and descends characters are extremely plodding when it comes to level gaining). Then you have to raise them up to level 90 all over again in their Z form!

I've recoded...Bahamut, Yukken, Zerro, Piz'fer (as of yesterday), A'misandra, Samatha and Lucia (not nearly as bed as the rest, but still), and I'm going to lose my mind soon. My fear now is that a character like Gugba will get a recode, and I'll feel obligated to recode him as well!

I can't even imagine the grind if they ever decided to give Invincible and/or Seiryu a (much deserved, in my opinion) recode. The thought both excites and terrifies me.

20. Ashitaka

Ashitaka Active Member

22+ runs of PDK, and only 4 axions so far. 50% drop rate doesnt seem to apply to me...
    at least lately I've been getting mostly slippery sand drops...