[WIP] Farmables - Worth or Worth?

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Person Man, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Person Man

Person Man Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Introduction:
    What I hope this guide to be is a quick and dirty guide to the value of farmables in comparable terms. My guildlines will be stamina cost to reach 100 luck. I will exclude common items and include more annoying or difficult to obtain items. I will assume the best use of stamina so if it's better to farm a Kino to 100 luck vs obtaining additional items in a quest, I will use the Kino. (Next to the name is how much energy for 100 luck)

Assumptions:
    Ignoring job cost unless there's a huge difference in the normal 10-20k a job and 20-30k a recode. I'll just note if there's a position or negative coin gain from farming.
    Ignoring coin cost of normal PoFuck monsters.
    Kino/8-bit 1 is 1 ^ drop for 1 luck a run.
    Ignoring team builds limitations.
    Ignoring luck chest drops.
    Ignoring Trading post items.
    Cleared PoFuck.
    No treasure hunting or negotiator team members.
    Not doing the math on leveling them up. Most of these units cost the same to level up.
    1 energy = 121 stamina.

Baseline Lucia 4 (20 energy):
    1.44 luck for 40 stamina assuming 1.6 lucky orblings a run. Value 0.036 luck/stamina with 0.005 luck/stamina for running the stage. Net coin gain. Total 0.041 luck/stamina.

Baseline Easy Recode (23 energy):

20 energy + 400 stamina. 2820 stamina. Net coin loss. Total 0.035 luck/stamina.

Clara^ (26 energy no arena metal zone 6/7):
    3 Recodes 240 luck Kino and items ~3300 stamina +5.25 luck on natural gains. Not sure on coin cost. Total 0.032 luck/stamina.
    Note:
    When arena metal zone 6/7 are open, it is less stamina to recode Clara 5 times obtaining 40 luck from the Kino.

Ella ^ (24 energy):

103 runs at 30 stamina, 3090 stamina +15.5 luck on natural gains. Net gain on coins. Total 0.037 luck/stamina. Quick message about Ella here. She's a farmable 100 luck kiss bottle. Think about that for a second. Let it sink in.

Shin'en^/Mutoh^ (32 energy):

200 runs at 25 stamina each, 5000 stamina + 30 luck on natural gains. Net gain on coins. Total .026 luck/stamina.

BLO^ 6 recodes (39 energy):

~4800 stamina in materials and obtaining the job 3 unit +3 or more luck on natural gains. Net loss in coins double normal recodes. Total .021 luck/stamina.

Lucia^ post Lucia 4 farming (15 energy + 50 in Lucia 4):

This one is a little weird. If you spent ~50 energy on Lucia 4, you will have the items to recode her 20 times. There is an additional stamina cost though. I'm going to assuming you run Lucia 4 twice since you clearly liked spending energy enough here anyways (and ignoring luck chest). ~3100 stamina + 73.1 natural luck gains. Slight coin loss. Total .056 luck/stamina.

Nia^ (I don't remember event statistics, just farm her anyways):

Another weird one. Nia is apart of a trading post event. This means for all of the time you spend running it, all of the stamina is traded in equal value for items. She's also one of the highest coin/stamina stages in the game. Just farm your 3-5 days of weekly trading post for 3 weeks, sell or use the buddy drops, and level up your free 100 luck unit.

Echo^ 6 recodes (43 energy)
    ~96 runs at 30 stamina each + 1800 for the helix. ~12.8 natural luck gains. Total 0.024 luck/stamina.
    Personal note about Echo^. She does a hell of a job replacing Gego^. I feel no need to put any energy or stamina into making Gego^ 100 luck now that I have Echo^. There are a few niche differences, but nothing that would be a long term impact.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
    Rydia, wrongnotes and Samba like this.
  2. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

The thing to note about Nia^ is that Samatha and Yukken companions are no longer worth 50k a piece, but are now worth 10k a piece. I'm fairly certain Nia^ is still a net gain, but it's significantly lower than what it used to.

3. Person Man

Medals:
    Ok so the 8m I casually gained farming trading post would be 1.6m. If you go hard that whole event, you could easily get enough for clearing PoFuck on top of getting all of those value items. Still a huge net coin gain but yeah that sucks.

4. Jasewes

Jasewes New Member

For Clara, it cost 330 to in the event to get a ready to recode Clara, and one extra recode will give you 14+5 from pof monster and 2nd recode bonus, which is worth a 95 luck of kino, which is 475 stamina.

In short, the 4th or 5th recode for clara will save you 145 stamina with extra cost of coins and job/recode item

5. Person Man

Medals:
    But also cost you over 120 stamina to level her up which is why I didn't really change the OP, yet.

6. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

Is it still worth it to farm Ella^ to 100L if I already have Yukken^ at 100L?

I've currently got Ella^ at 37L right now and I'm struggling to find the motivation to make 5 runs of VH/day to get to 100L before the event ends. Currently, she seems most useful for a 100L Mutoh run, but I don't even have all of the units needed to run Mutoh, let alone at 100L.

I'm tempted to stop running it once I reach 50L and then start it up again the next time the event comes around.

7. Person Man

Medals:
    You could always settle at 70 luck and let the panda finish the job when needed. I couldn't get myself to put the work in for Ella myself.

yeezus likes this.
  8. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Hmm I have a Kiss Bottle and I have a Yukken^ that I'm luck boosting(won't be done anytime soon though), trying to think of more reasons to justify having Ella at 100L. I mean other then to have one more free luck character just because you can. At the rate I'm going I have to run VH 4 times per day until the event finishes so I feel like I should finish it after all the work I already put in.

I guess sleep/confusion is always useful to bring into Kino/8-bit and there's always her wildbeast debuff. Too bad for Ella I'll have a 100L Bonna^ the next time Lucky Orbling comes around.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017