Agartha 2 Turns Kill [100L Team]

Discussion in 'Levels & Bosses' started by Rydia, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Rydia

Rydia PinkPikaPony Staff Member

Medals:
    Some people has showed certain disappoinment in this boss being so "easy" but this boss was meant to be the "reward" to unlock after the others.

It is though to be farmed and to be farmed fast to get candies. In this post ill put different cheap teams you can use to farm the boss.

Spear team. 2-3 Turns kill. Faster team

The team:

Shinen + Rune
    Macuri + Panda
    Schweiz + OdinZ (or Rune if you have enough)
    Gatz + Debilitating Light
    Djugan + Rune (or GrandRune if you are lucky enough to have one)
    Ellvern^ + Hiso God

The video shows the whole setup and movement:

As you can see my Team doesnt have 100L is because I havent leveled them yet xD

You can do different variations of this team, usually you will change Ellvern^ for someone else, Ellvern^ only function is as a 2nd source of bombs (more bombs = more chances of not needing a turn 3)

Usual problems and solutions/ Variations of the team:

- Lack of DPS.

• Change Ellvern for: Extra Spear: Clara^/Odin^/Shberdan^/Kem^
    • Put a Rune/Grand Rune on Ma'curi. Switch out Ellvern and include a character like Senala^+SenalaO/Violet+O/Feno+O to maintain the 100L
    - Can't kill Mobs in the burst turn
    • Change Ellvern for a character like in example Bonna^ + Scaling sword or Shberdan^ (he adds DPS and area)
    - I dont have Schweiz/Gatz
    • Use a different tapper. If you lack DPS follow the intructions explained before.
    - I dont have Ellvern^
    • Ellvern is only there to bring CT and more bombs you can change him for other useful character
    - I dont have Hiso God
    • Bring Gegonago^ or Nazuna^ instead of Ellvern^ or renounce to Stealth
    - I dont have Rune
    • Runes can be evolved from Gugnir companion who was a couple times in the TP. You can also use other companions like OdinZ, in that case you maybe need to bring extra DPS or do a triple pincer.
    - I want to use the team but I dont have enough luck yet (or a Panda)
    • Bring a character like Senala + O / Violet + O / Feno + O instead of Ellvern^
    - Can I use Ellvern^ spot to include a character that needs SB?
    • Yes but I would recommend to only include 100L characters to get more drops

There are a lot of variations of the team that you can do.

Ill edit and add more information on the setup and other variations of this method /// other teams later

Of course Ill update the guide with the team/setup for Hard Mode once it is released ^^

:love::love::love::love:

Sword Team (3-4 turns kill). Cheap team

Here is a different team that will take 1 turn more to kill the boss but is super cheap to make :)

Gatz^ + Skullsplitter
    Bahl^ + Skullsplitter
    Palpa^ + Tronic Gal (or Schweiz + Tronic Gal if you want bombs for the 3 turns kill)
    Kapori + Panda
    Suoh^ + Skullsplitter
    Velraine^ + Skullsplitter

- If you dont have Gatz you can bring a different tapper. You might need to adjust the amount of taps or the companions you use in the burst turn.

- If you don't have any tapper you can bring a different sword/dps instead of Gatz^ and don't use any taps to kill the mobs in first turn.

- Some people don't have Velraine^ , you can bring Snaip^ instead, or any good sword you have.

4 Turns with supercheap team (Bahl/Kapori + Farmables)

If you guys want me to tell you other setups with different chars just let me know ^:^

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  2. Sean Bond

Sean Bond Well-Known Member

Aside from the eyesore Ellvern^, team looks good to me. On the other hand, it's practically begging for a Mac recode.

Hayden and Rydia like this.
  3. limitbereaker

limitbereaker Active Member

Nice guide for 2 turn kill
    I tried the strategy and made some slight change to get a more friendly luck 100 team since my djugen is a newbie.
    Shinen +debilitating light
    Macuri +panda
    Schweiz +hiso god
    Gatz +grand rune and Levi all
    Snaipv/balhv which ever for more dps + grand rune
    Clara v + grand rune
    This formation give more dps and kill 2 mobs at start.
    My main pincer on boss are shinen/ Clara than macuri/snaip or balh with gatz assist on side.
    Btw I not sure how this works with normal rune.

Rydia likes this.
  4. Rydia

Medals:
    Im glad to know it worked well!!!

I tried to optimize the base team as much as possible so it would have room enough so people can do changes and adapt the team depending on their box.

Thank you for sharing your team, Im sure many people is going to find it very useful!!!!!

Edit: About the mobs 2 can killed in first turn if changing the order of pincers but I gave priority to chain twice Schweiz and Ellvern to get more bombs :D

:D :D :D

Bombs :D

Schweiz Bombs <3

:love::love::love:

5. Terra-Em

Terra-Em Well-Known Member

bombs are randomly placed if they dont go off, can you just pincer to kill on your next turn?

6. Rydia

Medals:
    Yes, the only reason for Ellvern/Schweiz is to put a lot of bombs to save some time by not having a 3rd turn. This is totally random so sometimes you will have a 3rd turn and you have to pincer.

7. Hayden

Hayden Well-Known Member

Great set up minus the RNG part with the bombs, i tried with Taps and Impairs but seems like the debuff is capped at 4 impair and makes it impossible. Basically we're back to the old Proto meta which is the CoC spear boost on drugs. (Bomb people strikes again) :'D

Rydia likes this.
  8. kramerica222

kramerica222 Member

Well I got my own 4-turn kill team setup now.

Bahl^ with Skullsplitter for pure DPS goodness
    Suoh^ with Skullsplitter for the same reason
    Shin'en^ with Skullsplitter for impair defense (could he be swapped out for Schweiz?)
    Palpa^ with Tronic Gal for taps and the mover
    Ka'pori with Panda for augment circle for swords
    Korin^ with Korin O for sword DPS boosting (and boosting Ka'pori's low SB!)

On the turn when the boss is using a bow, be sure to do horizontal pincers. The only flaw with this setup is a lack of stealth; so if you get a really bad placement of the boss in turn 2 you have to save/load.

EDIT: Also, make sure you kill ALL of the initial small enemies too. If you don't, they don't disappear when you kill the boss, and it WILL kill you since impair skills lasts for a long time. During the burst turn I can single pincer the one lone small enemy with shin'en and palpa to kill it off, and even then without them in chain the other 4 can bring the boss to 1 HP.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    Rydia likes this.
  9. vicenturi

vicenturi Active Member

I’m using korinZ and his otomo too, due to kapori low luck. I’ve to make a triple pincer in second or third turn to stack enough attack boost to kill agartha, this way the horizontal pincer is not needed.

Rydia likes this.
  10. kramerica222

kramerica222 Member

The double horizontal pincer I don't think is even required; I just focused on that to take advantage of sword synergy adding in a total of 8(!) more attacks.

11. Joe

Joe Active Member

I haven't tried Agartha yet, but wondering that people have started farming candies, what are the rough drop rate you are noticing for them?

12. Sean Bond

It seems relatively low to me; I've done 2 full stamina bars without a single skill candy before. With that being said, maybe 20%? It's not terrible, and it's perfectly viable if you're saving candies for an upcoming unit.

13. kramerica222

kramerica222 Member

It can come from a d luck or 100 luck chest. I’d say it’s low considering 1 dropped 2 full stamina bars And only got 1 skill candy.

Sean Bond likes this.
  14. Joe

Joe Active Member

How about Luck Candies? Do they drop here as well?

15. Sean Bond

No, just level and skill candies. The wiki has all the regular mode data (drops for HM aren't up yet).

16. Eblis

Eblis Member

First, some stats: on 109 Agartha 100L runs (slightly overshot the hundred-run goal), I've gotten 23 skill candy drops and 25 level candies. That puts both rates somewhere around 20-25% (technically the 95% CI is 15-30%, until I count up more runs).

Conservatively assuming ~200,000 exp / level, that means the exp-from-level-candy per stamina rate is worse than running 34-10 with two carries (even without PDZs). The skill rate's more debatable, since you can use it to jump-start low SB characters, but it's arguably worse both in stamina and wall-clock time than 5-8 runs. That being said, Agartha's a lot less boring.

Second, I don't have Djugan or Schweiz, my Kapori's at about 5L, and I wasn't patient enough for another thousand forest runs, so my variant of the team (many thanks to @Rydia for putting this together!):

Velraine^ Chocobo
    Bahl^ Peyrna (because Cross Cleave needs to take out the topmost mob on the first turn; SS also works)
    Zafitte^ Martial Mace (levitate + antidote + taps are perfect for this)
    Gatz^ Ragnarok
    Suoh^ Ragnarok (because after >50 CT pulls during Z-rate events I still don't have any grand petas...)
    Palpa^ Debilitating Light (mostly because it makes me chuckle to use it against Agartha)

With this setup, it'll always get a solid kill, and even be tolerant of a single screw-up (e.g. mis-placement) as long as the barrier doesn't also fall on Agartha at the end (even in which case it usually still works, with some RNG dependence).

17. Eblis

Eblis Member

Updated stats to date: 210 runs, 44 skill candies, 43 level candies. This is _roughly_ concordant with a model in which D and 100L chests both drop candy at a 33%ish rate and choose between skill and luck with equal frequency. I wouldn't swear that's it exactly, but it seems something like that.

More importantly, a quick edit that a little voice in my head has been bugging me to make for days: I forgot above that level candies apply simultaneously to all three jobs. So if you exclusively use them for high-level non-recoded Zs, that's more like 600k exp / candy. Which means (someone check my math for me this time...) Agartha yields ~0.2*600k / 15 = 8k experience / stamina, which is actually a smidge better than 34-10 with two carries and no PDZs (~430k / 20 / 6 * 2 = ~7.1k). 34-10 gets better again if you have PDZs or cram in more carries, but on the flip size it's nice to bank candies for later (and get all those extra MMs - although I could live without ever seeing a Dracuan Knife again).

So I'm a little more bullish on Agartha farming now than I was - especially since I finally pulled Djugan and Schweiz (!!) during the current Z event and have them decently on their way to 100L. Or at least Djugan^ is - getting through all 1,000 forest runs for Schweiz is torturous as usual...

secangel likes this.
  18. Eblis

Eblis Member

Since not much else is going on right now event-wise (I didn't know Arachnobot wouldn't reset if you've already cleared it earlier...), an update on stats. I logged 346 Agartha runs informally back before messing with VH / Mutoh / SK for a while, with 73 skill candies and 62 level candies. I didn't break those down by specific luck chests though, and after starting up Agartha again I've been tracking all of the results in detail. TL;DR: currently 148 new runs, 22 skill candies, 22 level candies, but I have reason to believe that undercounts a bit.

After doing the same for other boards (SK / BLO1 / etc.), I've noticed that MW seems to like round numbers for their probabilities: 1/6, 2/3, 1/8, etc. etc. I've had a particularly crummy set of Agartha runs (note only 26 D chests in 148 runs when we know the probability's 25%), and I think based on my longer, earlier stats that the skill and level candy rates are probably the same. Eyeballing my old + new numbers, my best guess now is that they each have a 1/8 drop rate from the 100L chest and a 1/4 drop rate from D chest, making the overall rate 2*1/8+2*1/4*1/4 = 37.5%, reasonably close to the 39% rate I got before (during a particularly good run) and the 30% rate I have now (during a bad run).

As an aside, that would also explain the BLO1 ~4% CT drop rate as 1/6 from the D chest (1/4*1/6 = 4.2%, plus 1/3 MT, 1/2 FT); I don't have enough logs for Shinen to guess.

Also, with the team @Rydia originally suggested for Agartha, it's way easy. And fast - shaving off the extra turn makes a big difference. I'm using Gego^ rather than Ellvern^ since I don't have a Hiso God (and stealth is completely necessary to prevent S/L from impossible positioning during the burst turn), and Zafitte^ rather than Schweiz (since with Martial Mace she really hits the mobs hard). Turns this into a slightly-less-slow-than-usual way to SB Mac, since he gets % boosts from Zafitte and Gego...

Rydia and secangel like this.