Agartha

Discussion in 'Levels & Bosses' started by EricTheMostRed, Mar 1, 2018.

1. EricTheMostRed

EricTheMostRed Active Member

Although she is the "final boss", Agartha is in my opinion the easiest one by far.

https://imgur.com/a/6dg2k

(Note that it's Levitation, Equip on Gatz, and Levitation, All on Gego)

2 Grand Rags (on Bahl^ and Snaip^)
    Minidra on Gatz^
    Doesn't really matter what you put on the other 3, but I just used my remaining grand petas.

Pincer the adds on the first turn (if you put them in the same order as me and move with Gatz, it's really easy).

Double pincer Agartha vertically on turn 2, making sure Bahl and Snaip hit last (or do a triple if the remaining add cooperates).

Use all taps and double pincer on turn 3, making sure Bahl and Snaip hit last. You won't have a PP, so hopefully your heavy hitters have high SB. Agartha will drop to 1 HP, disable all of your skills, and summon a bunch of adds.

Pincer Agartha on Turn 4 and she'll die (if the Schweiz bombs didn't kill her already).

The first clear will give you the Debilitating Light otomo, which gives you a 1-charge defense impair (not that great). The only other noteworthy reward is that the 100L chest can drop a Skill Candy with about a 25% chance.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  2. Terra-Em

Terra-Em Well-Known Member

Holy hell skill candy? .. how long does it take to farm this boss?

EricTheMostRed likes this.
  3. Palmnuke

Palmnuke New Member

Around 2 to 3 mins per run, it's a short 4-turn process.

4. EricTheMostRed

EricTheMostRed Active Member

I would say 2 minutes per run, so you can easily use it as a stamina dump. You can probably expect to pick up 5-10 candies per day that way. But it should still be faster to SB the old-fashioned way, unless you have fewer than 6 characters to SB.

5. secangel

secangel Active Member

Thanks for sharing! I have only one Grand Peta and I have tweaked your setup a bit:

- Bahl^ with Grand Rune
    - Gatz^ with Peyrna Sword
    - Gegonago^ with Eternity Hourglass (and Gigabow skill :troll:)
    - S'naip^ with Ragnarok
    - Suoh^ with Celestial Envoy
    - Schweiz with Celestial Envoy

Turn 1 is the same with what EricTheMostRed says, pincer and clear 3 mobs.

Turn 2 needs to vertical pincer, with Souh^ next to Bahl^ for extra damage. Gatz^ is next to S'naip^. If possible, use the remaining mob to buff the characters.

Turn 3 uses all taps and same formation.

In most cases Agartha will reduce HP to 1, yet if no buff in turn 2 Agartha may still have more than 1 HP. Just hope in the next turn the otomos have enough damage to take the boss down.

6. Joe

Joe Active Member

It would be awesome if another boss drops Luck Candy!

7. DEaK67

DEaK67 Member

i dont have Schweiz would any other physical tapper would other augmenters work like tonic gal or do u need the dps from schweiz along with the taps

8. Palmnuke

Palmnuke New Member

Any tappers will do, but a magic one might end up with boss’s hp more than 1 after turn 3 because lack of some damage, so you just need to make sure the pincer in turn 4 can kill her.

9. secangel

secangel Active Member

Indeed, I tried not chaining Schweiz in Turn 3 and that left some HP more than 1. Wish I had more Grand Peta weapons for sure kills though...

10. freelame

freelame Active Member

IMG_9351.jpg
    I guess it drops all the candies, but full stamina bar and only 2 drops :/

11. Biotar

Biotar Member

Part of the reason to use Schweiz is for his Panacea. If you have any character with Levitation All, you can also avoid the poison easily.

I used Bahl Λ, Schweiz, Amina Λ, Kapori, Gatz Λ and Suoh Λ and can beat it in the first team the boss use bow with 6 tap and Suoh positioning next to Bahl. If you use Gatz Λ withe Levitation All, you can replace Schweiz with another tapper. The team composition for the last boss is quite flexible.

12. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

Eh, doesn't even need fancy Z tappers. I used Bahl, S'naip, Gatz, Suoh, Palpa, and Shin'en. Grand Peta on first three, Chocobo/CE on Suoh, Skullsplitter on Shinen, and whatever on Palpa.

I've also beat it with no trinity team, although it's subject to mob RNG placement. Using Ellvern, Clara, Odin, Kem, Gatz, and Jaguna.

13. kramerica222

kramerica222 New Member

After failing to 4-turn this I was able to do it by breaking out the OlBRO along with Amisandra and Schweiz (all with healing rods) and just out-tank the encounter. Bahl/Snaip/Suoh DPSers per usual. Just tap when near 25% and the boss is using a bow. During the impair skill turn though, at times I'd have to back off if I couldn't kill all the small enemies - the aoe attack hurts.

14. Aexact

Aexact Member

I DID IT. GRAAAAGGH I DID IT.

No Hiso God is the bane of my existence. Rolled a Rune and a Holy Bow of Genji this round, sobbed into a cushion, rammed my head into Agartha (Hard) anyway.

Zafitte Z + Eternity Hourglass (used to be Schweitz but it wasn't working and seeing Mika sing her praises in the vids, I put her into the Recode blender and said goodbye to Rainbow Road. On one hand, not having to deal with Panacea positioning hijinks on debuff turns. On the other, lack of DPS and innate control time. 50/50)
    Djugan Z + Grand Ragnarok
    Ma'curi + Grand Ragnarok
    Amina Z + Holy Bow of Genji (that's right, pick up that weapon you scrawny little cyborg)
    Gatz Z + Grand Ragnarok
    Bahl Z + Grand Ragnarok

... Look, I know it looks awesome but in actuality, I really wish one of those was a Grand Rune cause the safest turn to pile on Agartha was the sword phase. Whatever, begging is for chumps. I can cop to being a chump, WHY SO MANY SWORDS. First time I ran in with Zafitte Z, she had a bow too but this results in a team with no control time. I tried anyway, it's like trying to win a race on foot. And that race is the Grand Tour.

In conclusion, Agartha was the most horrifying of the Hard mode monsters and I'm glad its over. If I find out later that the real prize is running it over and over for a 1% drop rate Skill Boost Ringstone in the 100L chest, I'll return here for feedback on my lovingly crafted hatemail to Mistwalker.

I figure I'm being a bit insufferable right now, but in my mind, I deserve it! What an endeavor.

Uh, I know a cache of Grand Z weapons and Rainbow Road isn't the most accessible of resources. Still, if it's of any help to anyway, based on my experience:

1) Slow roll. Chain, don't pincer with Mac and Bahl at the best spot all the time. Build up as much PP as possible. Runs the risk of mobs building up but it's more trouble if Agartha changes phases too early.
    2) Mac is the weak link and will die to two attacks of anything so the neutral phase is the most dangerous, especially if you didn't manage to kill the barrier mob the previous turn. Breath Area (2) from the boss and one attack from any of the adds is the end of Mac.
    3) Characters can survive Agartha's basic attack zone if they don't have weapon disadvantage, if you want to triple. Well, maybe not Mac but he's always been on top of things during the sword turn. It becomes less viable when more mobs show up (or survive from the previous turn, which happens not infrequently in my case) so I ended up conditioning myself not to do it too often anyway.
    4) I don't think you need that many taps for the last phase, just the PP. Spend all but one tap to burst Agartha down, save one tap for the 2nd boss. Avoiding the PP before that point and getting Bahl and Mac into position was a tribulation and a half without Stealth but its how I did it.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    secangel likes this.
  15. 770

770 New Member

Congrats. I had a similar team (only one grand companion though) with Clara ^ with her diamond giga spear companion instead of Mac because that boy’s defense is horrid.

16. CappCorp

CappCorp Active Member

Finally managed to kill him in HM with this party:
    Screenshot_20180419-175406.jpg
    with Hiso God on Schweiz, Whitewyrm Wand on both Gatz and Zafitte, Grand Peta on the others.

I used 6 taps to kill him on the second bow phase, juggling with the heals and the regen to keep my units alive, allowing me to have a power point available.
    On the respawn phase, Suoh got killed but I still was able to kill him with a double pincer with the last 3 taps and the power point, killing the 2 buff mobs in the first pincer as they where close enough from the boss to die from the AE.
    I'm quite positive it should be possible to kill him too replacing Zafitte with Palpa, and using more Panacea skills.

Sean Bond likes this.
  17. TrueShadow

Finally killed him after like 10+ tries with the following party:
    • Bahl^ + Grand Peta
    • Clara^ + Grand Peta
    • Grace^ + Grand Peta
    • Gatz^ + Grand Peta
    • Ellvern^ + Eternity Hourglass
    • Amina^ + Maverick
    Grace, Clara, and Gatz are great for this fight, since they don't do too much damage and has tons of chain hits to build up PP. This allows me to build up 1.5 PP gauge when Agartha reaches the half HP threshold.

Ellvern is for Antidote, Control Time, and PP Amp. Love the near infinite CT :love:.

Amina has Maverick...well because I have no idea what I should equip her with. Might as well let her help in building PP.

Overall this fight is really hard. Not "impossible unless you have this one Z unit, but easy otherwise" hard like Sun King, but actually challenging even with top tier units. Actually, bringing the usual top-tier units like S'naip or Suoh might be a bad idea since they don't build up PP much and can make the boss reach the HP thresholds before you want it to.

18. Dreydus

Dreydus Active Member

Here's a team/strat idea for runs that are as smooth as possible:

Obviously, if one doesn't have Hiso God, putting a ct+2 or ct+4 otomo on Schweiz (or Peyrna) will work just as well, if one can do without Stealth.
    I'll try and put more info in the comments on how it might be adapted to teams without Hiso God.

I find Olber^ to be most effective for keeping the team's HP above zero, and monotype dps for taking the first boss down.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018 at 9:46 AM
    Joe, freelame, Rydia and 1 other person like this.
  19. TrueShadow

Curse your Olber and Hiso God and Whitewyrm Wands :bigtears:

Anyway, should also probably mention that the Epysis mobs give +50% Stat boost when killed. That's equal to 3 taps, so you can potentially skip out one tapper in favor of another DPS or healer like Amina^.

Rydia and Dreydus like this.
  20. Rydia

Rydia PinkPikaPony Staff Member

Medals:
    Nice video Drey!!!

And you explained Agartha fight very well!!!

Good job!!!

Dreydus likes this.