Apostolos

Discussion in 'Levels & Bosses' started by Ael, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Ael

Ael Well-Known Member

I do not understand what to do with that boss :s

I always take a "death all" in my face and die :/
    I looked at this video , but he has no issue with that.

So, what's the point ?

2. Zyron

Zyron Well-Known Member

I didn't get “death all“ too. After barrier is down for the first time and after the first lunacy cast, I pincered the boss every time til I got the powerpoint to do burst. I killed the mobs asap.

Did 4 fights as Apostolos companion didn't drop in first 3. Never saw death all.

3. Ael

Ael Well-Known Member

I may activate a special trigger ? Too much or too low dammage ?

In any case, I retry twice and no issue on the second time (and I kill it :) )

4. limitbereaker

limitbereaker Active Member

I keep getting death all. Anyone know what triggering it?

5. Palmnuke

Palmnuke New Member

From my experience, the triggering condition for "death all" is that boss has barrier on and player fails to break the barrier in certain turns (4 or 5?), if you manage to break the shield under these turns, the boss will not cast "death all".

I got it once in my playthrough, then I changed the lineup and break the shield in 3 turns, never got it again.

Are you getting "death all" when boss has barrier on?

6. limitbereaker

The barrier still up. How you break the barrier?
    I start by pincer mobs, triple pincer boss killing both mobs .Than constant double pincer with a lot of sun damage. Barrier still up.

7. Zyron

Zyron Well-Known Member

It says the barrier melts by heat. I only double pincer and the sun damage breaks the barrier. I focussed on boss and killed the mobs by the way.

8. Palmnuke

Palmnuke New Member

The barrier appears to be a total damage check. Can you list down the team you use? Would help to see how much damage you do in one turn, if the barrier can't be broken in 4 or 5 turns, chances are the damage is not enough.

9. limitbereaker

Never mind. Solved it. I just have to sacrifice with extra tap to destroy barrier

10. Chrismesco

Chrismesco Member

I also got "death all" a few times until I understood what was going on.

You need to deal a fixed amount of "heat" damage to the boss every turn when its barrier is on. If the amount is met, it casts a blizzard spell and says something like "heat mealt the snow". You can then proceed to the next turn and be safe from "death all" when its barrier disappear.

So you have to hit him with as much sun / fire damage as you can. I was only using Marcus, Hakkan and Tronic Gal as damage dealers and got whipe out a few time. I then added Lewto ^ and it became very easy, as it counts as heat damage.

11. Tharos

Tharos The Source Explorer

Medals:
    I'm a bit late, but yes: the barrier takes full damage from Fire, and half damage from Sun. 50k sun and/or fire damage required to break the barrier.
    Also, the damage check at 65% HP to prevent another barrier is only for Fire damage, Sun damage is not verified.