Are eidolons still obtainable?

Discussion in 'General' started by Eonitwat, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Eonitwat

Eonitwat New Member

I haven't been able to find a real answer and I don't know if rng just hates me, but I never played coop before, and now that eidolons are sp quests, I thought I'd collect them, but after running Artemis a bunch, I've gotten the character and the companion but no eidolons, are they now unobtainable if you didn't get them before?

2. kramerica222

kramerica222 Member

AFAIK they are no longer obtainable, as they would serve no purpose since there is no co-op to use them in.

3. D-rex

D-rex Member

They are obtainable as "characters". You get 3 SB and 1 Luck for each addtional capture of them. All of them, except Lamia, you should be able to recruit with a neg pro fairly easily.

Lamia, is going to take some thought behind how to do it as the typical method would be with poisoning and that kills her after the negotiator lands.

4. Eonitwat

Eonitwat New Member

Awn that sucks.... Now I'm gonna have an empty eidolon catalogue lol

5. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    I didn't play any Eidolon in single player yet (and I'm not sure if I will... maybe, don't know), but I saw a couple of random videos on twitter and it seems they might drop a companion after being defeated, do any of you have an idea of what kind of drops we can expect from them? (luck chests included)

6. vicenturi

vicenturi Active Member

mostly the ones the wiki says. I played all the eidolons now since I had not done it before and only notice that there are minor changel, like in apollo, that now drops raprowOII instead of schweizOII.

Silver Mitsuki likes this.
  7. Eblis

Eblis Member

Yup, confirmed here - I worked through all of them and found the wiki info to be generally accurate. I didn't pay much attention to the OIIs, but the general scheme was 1) eidolon ^ unit and 2) an SS companion from each, and 3) Z companions for a subset (BLO, Selene, and Apollo if I remember right). @Silver Mitsuki I found them to be worth playing, I never ran them multiplayer and the new single-player challenge was a lot of fun (except for Lamia, who was... way irritating).

8. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    Oh, they're definitively worth playing, but at this point I just... don't know, I don't really know how to feel about this... The announcement of the closure for the EU players definitively broke me.

I'd like to have the chance to hold all the possible information about TB in order to update (to a new version, thing that should have been done months ago if I wasn't a useless piece of garbage) my Compendium (or the wiki, that still lacks of some data), and if the community could help me to reach this goal (not necessarily now, we have time until the definitive closure of the servers)... that would be so amazing.

Anyway, to anyone who's reading this post, if you haven't ever played an Eidolon when the multiplayer features were active know that you lost a great source of fun, but also know that you still have some great quality content available, so play some of them as soon as you have a chance, I'm sure you'll have a great time, especially if you're a casual player :)

9. Eblis

Eblis Member

Hear, hear! Except with Lamia :troll:

I think you're completely justified falling behind, given the frustrating situation - the lack of transparency is a killer. I'm hopeful that something will be forthcoming about future rate / event plans around the end of the month, with the closure, but... who knows. If I was better at breaking into Unity bundles, I actually spent a little time trying to pick out info about the new content from the APK, but didn't make much progress - @Tharos is way better there.

My fear is that MW might be intentionally trying to make the game gradually less appealing, so that they can justify phasing it out completely later on (why else remove Hope events, which are pure moneymakers for them?) In which case there's probably not much to be done, beyond folks from the community gradually patching up a little bit of wiki information to match the final content (eidolons / melting pots / some of the incomplete U5 pages / etc. etc.)

10. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    Oh, c'mon, Lamia is the best stage of the whole Terra Battle! I still remember how cool it was before the introduction of the Companions and of Ami Λ, when a run lasted for like 45 minutes or so (if connection didn't drop in the meanwhile xD), it was truly awesome.

I think that MW made some more changes to the game data with this last update, at this point trying to datamine the final content for a dying game is almost a waste of energy reason why I'm relying on the community to retrieve all the data that has changed or introduced, this is the most efficient solution in my opinion... although I'd also (really) like to know the drop rates for the new chapters and challenges...

Eblis likes this.
  11. Eblis

Eblis Member

Haha, fair - I forget how much more limited things were in the early days, since I missed out on it. Although I do really like the gimmick of level limiting with the eidolon quests - it changes the way you think even with what would normally be "modern" OP units.

Yeah, exactly... I'd offer more time if I could, but I know I'll have very few chances in between work, too. I took part of a weekend and tried banging on the APK, but the Unity tools are apparently pretty lousy on Mac, and I don't have a PC handy to work from. After doing it the low-tech way and logging a bunch of runs, I'm pretty confident MP box drops are 25% / 33% each, which was maybe the most important stat; I'm not sure what the eidolon rates might be other than "pretty high from luck chests," since it didn't take me more than a few runs each to get all three of ^+SS+Z. I agree about the wiki though - I've never edited, but I'll check it out and see whether I can throw some of the info on there so at least it's archived for posterity.

12. haloo

haloo Member

Play Eidolon quests is really fun, I get all the monsters ^ and companions except Selene, I farmed 100L Apollo^ but it seem only him, Hakkan and Sarah as solar units I can't finish the boss soon enough, maybe I'll be back to her after I get Renova or Marcus :)

13. BlackSama

BlackSama Active Member

So what is the difference between the Z and SS versions of the summon Otomos? Is the Z version chainable or pincer only?

14. haloo

haloo Member

The Z version grants same stat but higher damage, and sadlly still pincer only :(

BlackSama likes this.
  15. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    I don't know if 5.5.X changed something, as I've never played them after the final set of patches, but back in my days Eidolon companions could be farmed from Luck chests (D and L100). Many of them used to have 3 difficulties and their companion version used to drop from the stage with the highest difficulty.

Among these, the most useful is/was definitively King Orbling as it doesn't only offer (an hybrid) non-elemental damage (which might come up useful in some stages) but can be also chained, dealing an Area damage moreover. I've used BLO Z (Bahamut Z and friends) to clear the Arachnobot's Tale's F ending, but with the always-available free (ad) pulls, Tera companions from the Trading Post and Mechanic Kino Λ you don't really need them.

Apollo Cannon and Selene are a way worse alternative to the Sun King (Z) and the Moon King (Z) companions, so if you're thinking about picking one of them to clear your way through the 2 final superbosses and get the Royal Ringstone think again.

EDIT: I just remembered I recently wrote this, so there's a chance for Artemis and friends to have a reason to exist:

Artemis
    [​IMG] Arrow of Artemis, Area (1)
    Shoots an arrow (Area1) and buffs archers' Attack by 5% (self).
    Pincer: Buff ATK of Self by 5% if an archer for 2 turns and inflict x2 bow damage.

Chaos
    [​IMG] Chaos Impact, Diamond, Darkness
    Dark damage, Diamond + boosts darkness magic attack by 5% (self).
    Pincer: Inflict x2 dark damage (Diamond) + MATK +5% for 2 turns (Darkness).

Valkyrie
    [​IMG] Valkyrie Sword, 1 Row, Sword
    Sword slash, Row 1 + boosts sword attack by 5% (self).
    Pincer: Inflict x2 sword damage (1 Row) + ATK +5% for 2 turns (Sword).

Lamia
    [​IMG] Lamia's Sigh, Diamond
    Cures poison and deals poison damage to enemies.
    Chain: Cures poison and apply poison power 2 (75% chance) for 3 turns.

Raijin
    [​IMG] Raijin Judgment, Diamond, Lightning
    Electric damage, Diamond + boosts lightning magic attack by 5% (self).
    Pincer: Inflict x2 lightning damage (Diamond) + MATK +5% for 2 turns (Lightning).

Phoenix
    [​IMG] Phoenix Bijou, Diamond
    Absorb HP from foes.
    Chain: Inflict x1.5 absorb damage (cap 700).

King Orbling
    [​IMG] Ultima Blast, Pincer Area (1)
    Magic orbs burst to unleash physical damage and an ancient non-elemental magic.
    Chain: Inflict x2 non-elemental and x0.7 character-weapon damage.

============================================
    From now on, each Eidolon has a SS and a Z version. The dumbest thing, if I remember correctly, is that they both drop from the Luck chests, from D and L100 (no L80). The following SS companions cannot be upgraded to their "Z counterpart" (as you'd do with Scaling Sword and Earth Sword, random example):

Bahamut
    [​IMG] Bahamut Growl, Diamond, Fire
    Fire damage, Diamond + boosts fire magic attack by 5% (self)
    Pincer: Inflict x2 fire damage (Diamond) + MATK +5% for 2 turns (Fire).

Bahamut Z
    [​IMG] Bahamut Roar, Diamond, Fire
    Fire damage, Diamond + boosts fire magic attack by 5% (self)
    Pincer: Inflict x3 fire damage (Diamond) + MATK +5% for 2 turns (Fire).

Odin
    [​IMG] Odin's Spear, Cross (All), Spear
    Spear stab, Cross (all) + boost spear attack by 5% (self)
    Pincer: Inflict x2 spear damage (Cross (All)) + ATK +5% for 2 turns (Spear).

Odin Z
    [​IMG] Odin's Lance, Cross (All), Spear
    Spear stab, Cross (all) + boost spear attack by 5% (self)
    Pincer: Inflict x3 spear damage (Cross (All)) + ATK +5% for 2 turns (Spear).

Leviathan
    [​IMG] Leviathan's Ice Floe, Diamond, Ice
    Ice damage, Diamond + boosts ice magic attack by 5% (self)
    Pincer: Inflict x2 ice damage (Diamond) + MATK +5% for 2 turns (Ice).

Leviathan Z
    [​IMG] Leviathan's Glacier, Diamond, Ice
    Ice damage, Diamond + boosts ice magic attack by 5% (self)
    Pincer: Inflict x3 ice damage (Diamond) + MATK +5% for 2 turns (Ice).

Apollo Cannon (because you have to fuck up names at some point)
    [​IMG] Apollo Beam, Diamond
    Sun and bow damage, Diamond + Lunacy Guard (self)
    Pincer: Inflict x2 sun and x0.7 character-weapon damage (Diamond) + Resistance to lunacy +50% for 2 turns (Self).

Apollo Cannon Z
    [​IMG] Apollo Flare, Diamond
    Sun and bow damage, Diamond + Lunacy Ward (self)
    Pincer: Inflict x3 sun and x0.9 character-weapon damage (Diamond) + Confer immunity to lunacy for 2 turns (Self).

Selene
    [​IMG] Selene's Moonlight, Diamond
    Lunar Dmg, Diamond + Scorch Guard (Self)
    Pincer: Inflict x2 moon damage (Diamond) + Resistance to scorch +50% for 2 turns (Self).

Selene Z
    [​IMG] Selene's Full Moon, Diamond
    Lunar Dmg, Diamond + Scorch Ward (Self)
    Pincer: Inflict x3 moon damage (Diamond) + Confer immunity to scorch for 2 turns (Self).

secangel and BlackSama like this.
  16. haloo

haloo Member

In Eidolon solo mod, it's the hardest stage but they reduce the number of mobs (not sure if they reduce the stat of the boss too) to made it easier so you can win the match, because there're only 6 characters of your team can play (in co-op it can be 10 or more chars).
    The Apollo Z and Selene Z has peta damage and also lunacy/scorch ward so they will be too OP if they can active in chain ;)

17. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    yup, but unless the last patch changed something they don't trigger in chain, only when the owner leads the pincer. We won't ever get any version 5.6, so don't give people fake hopes to see them becoming the CoT-killer OP companion many hoped for xD

I'm sure the Wiki still lists the data for the enemies available in the old Eidolon coop fights, if someone could share the screens of HP/stats of monsters and bosses (and maybe of their positioning) they took when playing the new stages it would be really nice :)

18. BlackSama

BlackSama Active Member

Yea I knew something was wrong when I thought those companions could be useful, but yea pincer only means they are 100% trash.

vicenturi likes this.