Ashe the Guard?

Discussion in 'Units & Items' started by BmRizzo, Jul 4, 2017.

1. BmRizzo

BmRizzo New Member

I just started Terra battle again after my data got deleted a long while back. After a day and half of rerolling I pulled the new unit Ashe the Guard. Would this be a decent starting unit? Anyone know his strength and weaknesses?

2. Yuki Judai

Yuki Judai Active Member

yes, as a moon character he can help defeat the sun king, he also gets magic tap which is good for farming late content, however like all z characters they take a lot of exp to level up and they require stars to get all jobs. stars are kinda hard to farm early stage.

BmRizzo likes this.
  3. Mr45

Mr45 Member

I'd say stick with it. He'd be a cool starter and an early magic tap can wipe the floor with everything at that point in the game.

BmRizzo likes this.
  4. BmRizzo

BmRizzo New Member

Oh thanks for the info! Sounds promising

5. BmRizzo

BmRizzo New Member

Hmm I guess thinking for the future this would be great. Any idea on what an endgame team would look like featuring Ashe?

6. lynx

lynx Well-Known Member

Ashe is good, but just like Yuki said, his jobs' items are hard to farm at early stage.
    Heartwood Spear, one of items required for Ashe's 3rd job is on chapter 24 stage 10, and it has only 13% chance to drop.
    So, you would have stuck in 2nd job for quite sometime.

For a new account, I'd recommend getting a Λ adventurer, preferably Gatz Λ or Bonna Λ.
    Λ adventurers have only one job and also have immediate access to all skills from their based characters.

Gatz Λ, IIRC, has the 6th highest ATK stat and he has Treasure Hunter skill which increase item drop-rate by 25%.
    It doesn't look like much, but majority of the time in this game, you would have to spend farming for items. So, even 25% helps.
    He also has Levitation (All), which is needed in some early stages.
    And his Augment Attack skill would make defeating bosses easier without the need of higher class adventurers.
    Gatz Λ has a place in all physical team, like, if you want to defeat Shin'en or Moon King, you would need Gatz Λ.

BmRizzo and Silver Mitsuki like this.
  7. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    EDIT: lynx posted a good message while I was writing mine; note that for the earlier parts of the game there are better units, like the SS mages (Piz'fer, Lewto, Zerro and Jennish), Gatz, Gugba, and so on, but I find Ashe a really nice achievement especially knowing that rerolling takes away a ton of time.
    I don't find rerolling required on Terra Battle, and anything above the class A (and, in some cases, even some A/B) is a huge help for the whole game.

The higher the class, the higher the EXP needed to level up, keep this in mind but Ashe is really a nice choice.

The game doesn't have many "tappers" (units capable to use a specific type of buff which is very, very, very useful on the late phases of the game, more info about them here), so you got very lucky to find one :)

Opposite as the other characters you'll find (especially true for A and B classes), know that Ashe will also take some time before letting you unlock new jobs and this can be a little frustrating later on as every other character will be able to count on an higher number of skills, but don't worry, is a rare character and currently one of the best thing you can find as by playing you'll surely step into some strong character ;)

Ashe, another physical tapper (there's one character that you can unlock easily that I won't name), 4 physical units :)

TB doesn't have "one" final team, as different stages require different units (for example, you're going to use the physical setup to take down Odin RECODED, but a team of ice and moon units on Bahamut RECODED).

Mages are really useful on the first part of the game, I hope that you'll be able to pull some from the Pact of Truth / Fate, or at least someone that could help you to recruit Bahamut and Leviathan from the Arena.

... there would be much more to say to a new player, for now I leave you with a couple of links :)

Welcome to Terra Battle :love:

BmRizzo likes this.
  8. BmRizzo

BmRizzo New Member

Wow thanks everyone for all the info this helps so much! Lynx makes some great points but it seems like I shouldn't pass up a rare unit like this, even if it means some grinding down the line. I hope I can pull this Gatz fellow though!

Rydia likes this.
  9. Terra-Em

Terra-Em Well-Known Member

Gatz is recodable. Thus you have a better chance of getting him then recoding him as Gatz^ later than pulling Ashe. If you do reroll consider Mizel or Marcus or nazuna as they have kinetic trap disarm otomos. Personally i would go for Marcus as his otomo is bound to enter the Trading Post soon.

10. yeezus

yeezus Well-Known Member

Marcus O is only Kinetic Trap Ward, which is not nearly as good as Kinetic Trap Disarm, so only Mizell or Nazuna would be worth it.

11. Terra-Em

Terra-Em Well-Known Member

Wow I misread that thanks um yeah mizel then would be my first choice

12. Bad_Alchemy

Bad_Alchemy Member

Ashe is excellent, in the same way that me pulling Nazuna when I first rolled was excellent but something I wont touch for a couple of months its still worth keeping the account for.

Keep Ashe, those taps are great and 24-10 is the highest chapter you have to reach to get the 3rd job. The TP will have items you need as well. Its not that hard to unlock at all.

Double taps and +4CT, he is one of the best characters.

BmRizzo likes this.