Bahl Triple Counter

Discussion in 'Units & Items' started by rooster, Dec 30, 2014.

1. rooster

rooster New Member

Anyone run Bahl with triple counter for giggle?

2. Laura Lita

Laura Lita Just a Moderator Staff Member

Medals:
  3. lm009

lm009 Member

You could, but it's a waste of skill slots and Bahl is pretty damn good. Counters are just so underpowered because there's no way to force the skill you might as well as be removing one of your own skill slots. Burbaba is pretty much the worst character imo because he is designed with the counter gimmick. I'd say Jaguna is even better than him because at least Jaguna has the utility of levitation.

4. Laura Lita

Medals:
    Wow, Jaguna praise. Never thought I'd see that!

Asklepios likes this.
  5. Lionel

Lionel Active Member

Im getting shivers with jaguna's stats, just researched them :S

6. ijii

ijii Active Member

I raised an eyebrow in disappointment when I learned what Defensive Counter was for Burbaba when I was new to the game. So very useless. So far the game is designed more towards knocking out as much as the enemy as you can in first round. Equipping counter skills is... counter intuitive to the strategy of wiping out enemies in first attack, so I never really tried it.

Also, has anybody ever seen Outflank skill proc? Several adventurers seem to possess the ability, but being surrounded by four enemies almost never happens.

7. Laura Lita

Medals:
    I've seen Outflank a bunch of times. It's usually not necessary though.

8. lm009

lm009 Member

Well it's not really praise per se, my personal opinion of Jaguna being better than Burbaba isn't saying much since I still think Jaguna is crap. Being slightly better than crap doesn't make Jaguna not crap. However even a self-levitate would make ch18 loads easier because you can have Jaguna move over the traps, 18-5 was hellish for me. I am criticizing Burbaba a lot so I'll note that Burbaba might be okay maybe even good? potentially in PVP depending on how the mechanics for that works since pincer counters are just so incredibly useless in PVE.

9. Laura Lita

Medals:
    I personally think Burbaba is just an experimental character, that won't be fully realized by any future content

10. Cel

Cel Well-Known Member

I kinda want to try him out in Puppet Show. New guys keep spawning and they always get to attack you. And sometimes you do run out of Wisdom Flowers.

11. Laura Lita

Medals:
    Anyone with Counterattack can work for that though. I suppose it's one of the best places to see his special counters work though

12. lm009

lm009 Member

His "special" counters are just defense and offense buffs though which doesn't make him better than any of the others with counter and other characters probably have self buffs which ironically would trigger more often than his counter buffs. Also you can't force the mobs to pincer you nor will the skill won't proc when they use thrust or some skill. If you really wanted a counter character, I think Amazora would be better since she has blazing counter and regular counter. Even so the slot is better off using some unit with aoe imo.

13. Laura Lita

Medals:
    Well you actually have a decent chance of getting pincered in Puppet Time by simply leaving your Counterattack character in the corner. I was simply curious if you could proc all his special counters at once

14. Asklepios

Asklepios Member

Too bad the new Verudi character's "Indiscriminate Fire" ability can't trigger Burbaba's counter abilities. That could've been an interesting mechanic.

15. Lionel

Lionel Active Member

Someone should put buraba, bahl and amazora to clear puppet show only on counters and see how much loot they get

16. phario86

phario86 Active Member

Part of the problem with countering, furthermore, is that even with Bahl counters, the damage isn't high enough to take out a new enemy (nevermind Buraba, who lacks any sort of damaging ability). The only time when they're useful is if the enemy is weak enough to be killed by a counter.

Honestly, it would make a lot more sense if the counter gave some status affliction like paralyze. Then there would be some payoff to a counter strategy.

17. Cel

Cel Well-Known Member

Does Demoralize count? If so, everyone can get Odin.

Bahl's counter when Physical Atk x1.5 is up, is super strong. As is S'naip's. Ma'curi isn't a countering freak though.