Been playing TB on and off since the first release, got fed up with the solitude.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Bandkanon, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Bandkanon

Bandkanon New Member

...So here I am.

Actually, what really motivated me to seek out a devoted Terra Battle fan community was the experience I had with Mistwalker 'fans' after the Terra Wars and TB2 reveal a couple days ago. The negative reception was so large among commenters in every article covering it that I realized I had no like-minded people to talk to about it.

Yes, I'm kind of bummed that Mistwalker is centering their focus on mobile platforms rather than coming out with a new IP for consoles, but I'm also happy to finally hear from them and finally have something on the way. I will be more than happy to play every title in the Terra Battle franchise and really dive in like a true fan. But I don't have anyone to gush about it with. None of my friends have even played it, and then there are the ones that express deep disappointment in the Gooch.

Anyway, I'm lucky I found this forum. I'll probably be popping in occasionally for help and resources while I try to hurry up and finish the main story before TB2 comes out. Also, um, gushing. Because I do that.

Rydia and tieuzbao like this.
  2. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    Hi Band, welcome to TBF ^-^

Over the past months I've seen a decreased interest towards the game, but I'm confident that the upcoming TB2 will convince some old and new players to follow your steps and join to one of the existing TB communities, that are yes still kicking, but not incredibly active as they used to: anyway, know that here you shouldn't have problems finding someone to talk and play at every hour of day and night, and that we're all very happy to help the other players enjoying the game by giving them all the support they might need :)

As you've never been part of a community, there are chances that you still didn't redeemed your First Contact Bonuses and your Referrals; I also leave you a link to our guides index, in case is needed ;)

Forum's Index of Guides

I leave you reminding you that i
    n case you need a quick answer to your question, or you simply want to play a bit with someone you can join us in chat. If needed, don't hesitate to contact me or @Rydia by private message.

Have a wonderful day :love:

3. Claywtf

Claywtf Active Member

From what I have read, most people in this forum actually await the new releases with sheer eagerness. Lots of hardcore Mistwalker and Gooch fans up in here.

Please have a look at the newly installed Terra Battle 2 forum to take part in the hype.

4. Bandkanon

Bandkanon New Member

@Silver Mitsuki thank you! I'll have a go at all this whenever I have the opportunity. And that guide will definitely be tons of help!

@Claywtf Totally on it! And I'm so glad people here are as eager as I am. All that negative reception I was seeing elsewhere sure was breaking my lil heart.

5. Rydia

Rydia PinkPikaPony Staff Member

Medals:
    Welcome to the forum!!!!!!

Glad to have you as part of our community. People here is usually very friendly and we are very happy to help so dont worry and ask any question you need ^^

About the negative reception well is something that happens everywhere (i have been reading people complaining about "tb is dead" since the release xD "the end is near" in every patch xDDD) but this time we are all very excited with the new game ^:^

*****Hype*****

:love::love::love::love:

6. Laura Lita

Laura Lita Just a Moderator Staff Member

Medals:
    Do the people you often discuss games with even like mobile games? Thing is, lots of mobile games come with the stigma of not offering a 'true' gaming experience. Sometimes it's because of poor controls. Sometimes it's because the game looks cheap. And then we have people who dislike f2p games because of microtransactions, obtrusive advertisements, and in-game stamina.

There's also the fact that we're talking about legendary video game producer Hironobu Sakaguchi, and how he's gone from epic console JRPGs to smaller stuff like Party Wave and Terra Battle. There are people that want him to make another console game like The Last Story or Lost Odyssey, and the fact that we haven't gotten anything like that from Mistwalker in so long makes these people hungry. Plus, not everyone loved Terra Battle.

Anyway, you'll probably find it difficult to find the majority of us at a site called 'terrabattleforum' hating on the idea of two sequels on mobile platforms.

7. Bandkanon

Bandkanon New Member

tbh I never knew about this 'tb is dead' rhetoric and hate until I started paying attention to the new games' announcements. That's three years of ignorance on my part. Other than that, all my closest friends don't even pay attention to Mistwalker, let alone Terra Battle. They're too busy playing FFXIV, which I can't afford (and don't like). Also they don't like mobile games for the exact reason you mentioned.

Which, I mean, I get it. I don't usually play mobile games. But this one's special. :I

8. Oki

Oki Active Member

Welcome to the community.

I am very happy that there is going to be TB2. In true my hype kind of have gone away a lot after I saw the gameplay on TB2.

I happy to see all of the new changes they are doing in TB2. Equipment and all that, but the gameplay seem to be pretty much the same.

Maybe it is because I am hoping for something like FF tactics. Also, I been playing TB1 since day one and am somewhat burn out on such gameplay atm.

Who knows, maybe there is more going on with TB2. Going to wait and see