Broad of the Mist #16 Recap

Discussion in 'Events' started by Silver Mitsuki, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    Since nobody made a thread about this last stream yet, I start one.

During the Stream, Sakaguchi explained how the Luck param will work better and, as always, showed few illustration of the enemies, companions and characters that will come with the future updates.

I translated the text from the slides showed, note that I might have made some mistakes, don't take everything I wrote for granted!

EDIT: so... now that the Luck system is officially out, I often see Baha Λ's and PDK's slides getting shared: in order to find them more easily, I included them on the following spoiler tag
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The album with all the screenshots I took is accessible from here (it also includes a bunch of new companions).
    You can find the higher quality version of the pictures of the companions showed during the stream on this album (from @fhs , post)

The event was livestreamed on both NicoNico and Youtube.
    Because of some technical difficulties, the youtube video didn't have audio and is currently unavailable. As soon as Mistwalker will re-upload it I'll update this post with the link.

EDIT: Updated the Primordial Dragon image with correct information.

EDIT2: Mistwalker finally uploaded the stream on youtube:

EDIT3: Corrected the name of the otomo that dropped on from the chest "100 Luck" from "The Sun God" to "Sun Spirit", sorry for that...

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    supergaijin, another, Sakuno and 18 others like this.
  2. chomiak

chomiak Active Member

Alternative way to get PDZ? Yeah, nice :D PDK is beatable with units pretty much everyone have so the only deal is getting high enough luck. Good move from MW, i like it.
    I wished for reveal of all new otomos :<

3. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    Note that I might made a mistake: I'm sure about it having "Lambda" in its name, but I remind you that PDZ is the short for "Primordial Dragon Z", not PDΛ.
    Since it seems that Mizell will require Holy Dragon Λ, is possible that it's a monster, not an Otomo :)

4. andr3174

andr3174 Active Member

its the boss no the xp otomo :/

5. Neofalcon

Neofalcon Active Member

Yeah, but these are the luck boxes for the Primordial Dragon King, which doesn't normaly drop PDZ. We don't yet know what will be in the luck boxes for Inexorable Dragon King (where PDZ does normally drop), but seeing as the otomos that normally drop from Primordial Dragon King are listed in his luck boxes, it's not a huge stretch to imagine that PDZ can come from luck boxes from Inexorable Dragon King.

In fact, I'd say it's more likely than not, because having a 1% drop rate on an item is pretty BS, but it makes sense if they were planning to have it mostly come from these luck boxes later on and just have it be a super rare drop until the luck mechanic comes out.

6. chomiak

chomiak Active Member

Oh well, too bad then. Got excited for a while

That being said ...
    It says companion in the picture, unless it's a translation error

7. jarsoffeet

jarsoffeet Active Member

[​IMG] It says primordail Dragon /\ No companion

As long is there is still old pot i dont care about luck pot. Luck will be annoying for a bit but after a few months people will have enough max luck characters.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  8. tieuzbao

tieuzbao Active Member

Wait so you can either pull from POL or POT for new characters? Then what's the point of POT? I'm definitely missing something here...

9. jarsoffeet

jarsoffeet Active Member

it is way harder to boost luck. So if you want to SB and get everything pull pot. if you just want to pull and will never sb go pol.

tieuzbao likes this.
  10. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    Duping a character from both Pact of Fellowship and Pact of Truth (the ones available since the game came out) will increase that unit's SB and Level (no Luck).
    A character with a maxed SB (100%) will be taken out from the pool.

Duping a character from Pact of Fate (and its Coin counterpart, assuming there will be one) will increase that unit's Luck and Level (no SB).
    A character with a maxed Luck (50% for A, 70% for S, SS, 100% for Z) will be taken out from pool.

It should work this way.
    I was about to edit it :)

Sakuno and tieuzbao like this.
  11. Hayden

Hayden Well-Known Member

Thank you for the recap Silver! Also RIP my sanity which i'm probably going to lose in that insane grindfest.... ):

12. Neofalcon

Neofalcon Active Member

My question is - what is the max luck and the amount of luck gained for monster characters? Is it the same as A characters? If so, then damn, it's gonna take a LOT of gold to clear the monster pact of luck...

Also, I wonder how all these systems interact with co-op - can you gain luck boosts doing a quest you're not hosting? Does the non-host get luck boxes? How does it compute the average - is it the average of the full team, or does each player get their own set of chests using the average of the 3 characters they brought?

13. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    50%
    Nice question... my guess is that the host won't get a reward at all, although the slide talks about "cost of the stage" :/
    right now we don't know much except the info I posted and those collected here.

14. edwin santander

edwin santander Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Wtf? All omicron otomos now have a second level? Wth? What do the bahamut otomo? A new element? Or what?

15. Quartzel

Quartzel Well-Known Member

This Luck system gets crazier when you realize your perfect PDZ, Shi'nen or Mutoh team NEEDS to be at average 100 Luck to profit.

This basically means you can't just get Luck on few characters to 100 without screwing yourself for other boss stages.

Although I guess Gego Z at 100 Luck would be the smartest thing at first.

Sakuno likes this.
  16. tieuzbao

tieuzbao Active Member

So a character fully leveled and SB can still be pulled from the Pact of Fate? So you can basically spend energies to increase LUCK to its max, at which point I assume the characters are no longer available in the pot of fate anymore?

Definitely will need to see it in action to judge...

17. Domivi

Domivi Active Member

I don't know how I feel about the luck system.. Well, in theory, the most you'd actually need is 6-12+ ~ Z characters with maxed Luck to be able to extract every reward from the events. But I guess we need to know the minor details to come to a proper conclusion. Like, what's the rate on luck gain? If it's going to be as slow as sb grinding, and with it "locking" us out of 1-stamina stages, it just might take months to even make a full max luck team. And on top of that, you have the kino monsters event, where while you don't need to get everything from the trading post, some of them should be acquired weekly since they are unique. And other than that, it's killing diversity. I can already see the "Hm, I'd rather bring X character in this, but Y has maxed Luck".

Hope it proves me wrong and it's not completely garbage.

18. tieuzbao

tieuzbao Active Member

I don't see it killing diversity. Seems like between the new events and the 2 crazy monster stages on the sides and THIS Luck thing...MW is trying to add "diversity" to the game. Something for the "end game" guys to do.

For example, I did my Kino runs enough just to get the items I want then jump back to SBing. Then do the weekly thing 2 to 3 times. Then run 35-8 a couple of times, etc...you get the point. I don't have the best units for the dragon events so I'm SB in order to increase my chances of getting a unit that'll help. So in terms of TB, yeah there's plenty of grinding aka diversity to go around imo.

19. jarsoffeet

jarsoffeet Active Member

He was more talking about team diversity. Like you can bring X or Y to a level maybe Y will work better but X has 100% luck so unless you want to spend a large amount of time luck grinding your gonna make do with X.

Domivi and tieuzbao like this.
  20. Onark

Onark Member

It seems that this whole luck thing is MW giving us more free stuff. It will take awhile to "complete" but it only helps players from what I can see with even more added benefits over time.

doodootron likes this.