Broad of the Mist 27

Discussion in 'Events' started by Silver Mitsuki, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    As always, here's the album with all the screens took during the stream; some might miss, but they showed mainly old stuff: drawings from the 2yrs anniversary stream (you can also find here [ Album | Thread ]), old concepts of the game and the colored version of some kinos sketches we already saw during the 22nd Broad of the Mist.

As I did the last time, for my convenience, I share the OneDrive folder: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aq6b4Af9H-tvhap0Ial489Dx6i7nlw

Tip: scroll down to the last few pics.

If someone else took some screens, is welcome to share them with us :)

Zeroelcapo, Technique, Ryden and 3 others like this.
  2. mango741

mango741 Member

Replay if you want watch again:angelic:

3. Person Man

Person Man Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Fun things to note

Spear Czekras
    Makes sense for battle ponytail Sam
    More natural breast Grace
    Not Luka Eileen
    Actual little kid twins
    Silly hair Zafitte
    OH MY GOD GET RID OF THAT THING ORBLING
    Something that looks like my Last Story run
    Zeal and Calista concept art battle icons
    Horrible looking Gatz and Ellvern battle icons
    The old concept image of Bahl and Grace that I would trick people into thinking they had a recode announced before they decided which weapons they were.
    Ethreal and Blade Falcon before they were scrapped to code rewards

Silver Mitsuki likes this.
  4. fhs

fhs Well-Known Member

Medals:
    At the end of the stream, Sakaguchi outlined the schedule for the next two months.
    • Next Bar Hiso Alien broadcast will be on November 19th
      • Next update will be around this time. What to expect:
        • The medieval scenario
        • New set of Kino Strikes Back Quests
        • Grace Λ
    • The Bar Hiso Alien broadcast after that will be on December 17th
      • There will be another update around this time. What to expect:
        • Invincible Λ
        • Seiryu Λ
        • A new character with 3 jobs
    Someone who understands Japanese better than me please correct me if anything is incorrect.

5. Ryden

Ryden Active Member

Wow, that sounds awesome!

@Sean Bond

Sean Bond likes this.
  6. Djoss

Djoss Active Member

Being already Z characters, does it mean Seiryu ^ and Invincible ^ will introduce a new character class ? Or do you think they'll just be alternate version within the same rank ?

7. Ryden

Ryden Active Member

As Mizell and Lacuma also recoded from Z class to Z class, I guess that we'll keep having Z as highest class. They'll mostly benefit from having access to all their (best) old skills and being more usable on low-level stages.

8. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    In case we are getting a one of them, I think they'll will be all Z class units: Mizell and Lacuma for example are two Z class characters that can be recoded in another Z class character, Mizell Λ and Lacuma Λ respectively.

Lately we started to get a lot of recodes of B and A class units, like Bahl Λ and Daiana Λ: both are "gold" characters (S and SS) that require the material item Temporal Helix to be recoded, but older units like Amazora Λ introduced before the addition of this item are still Z class although their stats or skills ...are not exactly what people usually expect from a Rainbow character and require the old Mantle / Deepwater Helices.

What I mean is that the "ZZ" tier might (mhh...) be introduced one day with different/higher requirements, but until then we'll continue to get Z class recodes for Z class characters :)

EDIT: stop replying before me Ryden xD

Ryden likes this.
  9. Quartzel

Quartzel Active Member

They've been working on that for months. It's basically what's been shown in every stream.
    I wonder what to expect afterwards. :nailbiting:

I'm starting to get more excited for MW next mobile project.
    It would be nice to move on to "Terra Battle 2-ish" at this point.

10. legaiabay

legaiabay Active Member

I will very appreciate MW if they keep implement profile UI like this. Looks very cool~

Attached Files:

11. wenify

wenify Member

It's cool to see the early character drawings and level designs, I like to scroll through them to spot little differences from actual implementation.

Also, OMG did not expect Lewto and burbaba to be so tall!

12. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

New Kinos, huh. Are the old Kinos ever going to return? And please don't make Grace use any of the Kinos for the recodes.

13. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

I thought we were pretty clear to the Mistwalker Minion how much just about everyone hated the Kino/8-bits and now MW is bringing us more? I guess there needs to be a steady rotation for the TP, but if they follow the same pattern as the originals I'm going to lose a good deal of motivation. I hope they learned and converted all TP battles into 15 stamina and removed those stupid traps.

14. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

Considering Bahl doesn't require any Kino monsters for recoding, I'm assuming Grace doesn't either, although using a ^ character for recode would allow her to reach 100L easier.

15. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

Kinos weren't all that bad. It's the 8bits, thanks to those traps.

But yeah, I hope they made the new stages similar to BC, double stamina cost and double rewards.

16. Ryden

Ryden Active Member

Yeah, and the 8Bits were also mostly doable after the patch. The main fix they need to do is adjust the animata drops and the stamina of the stages (5, 10, and 15 stamina compared to 2, 4 and 8) and adjust the drop rates accordingly. They can keep the runners, if they want, but we'll need to end up at an expected value of 36 animata per stamina. Old 8Bits/Kinos gave on average 10, 35 and 200 animata per run, so 5, 9 and 25 per stamina. BC yields 35, 240 and 540 per run, so 7, 16 and 36 animata per stamina - the grind is more efficient now, has less times needed to complete the dungeon, thus is less of a brainless grind. Reducing the attempts needed to get all trading post items from 100 to 50-75 would be an incredible relief, and it shozuldn't be a difficult thing to do for MW - just change stamina cost an drop values and keep tha after-patch traps if you really want to.

17. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

That was my overall thinking. Without the traps the 8-bits were basically 'as hard' as the Kinos, but no one wanted a farmable dungeon that took 10 minutes for a single clear that only cost 8 stamina. The metal Rockers just slowed things down even more since you had to wait for them to spawn. Maybe that was done so you couldn't one-turn KO the boss with Taps, but if that's the case then MW should fix taps... not punish the people who don't have any.

18. Kevinrealk

Kevinrealk Well-Known Member

Repeated characters :shifty:, the game would have been another generic game :yuck:, I'm happy to stay with unique units:smuggrin: (there recodes, although this the excuse that they are "another dimension" causing leave their not recode versions, but still always latent the possibility of completing all the characters of the game :woot:)

Zeroelcapo likes this.
  19. Quartzel

Quartzel Active Member

Can you imagine how crappy most of our teams would've been if we had actual duplicate units instead of SB% ?

There's no way I would have so many SS/Z characters right now.

20. legaiabay

legaiabay Active Member

Did I said about repeated characters? If you don't know what I mean, then this is what I meant "profile UI". I assume you don't know what UI is lol. This one looks cool and better than just image with profile button below it.

Attached Files: