Ch 11-10 Boss

Discussion in 'Levels & Bosses' started by Enza, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Enza

Enza Member

I'm sorry if there's already a thread on this. I searched and couldn't find anything. (Maybe my search-fu is lacking?)

Anyway, what is an ideal party for this? (And skills too?) I brought 3 swordspeople, 2 archers, and 1 healer and went through every stage without issue but once I reached the bloody Gigaworm, everything goes to hell.

Thunderstorm destroys everyone and there's no way I can make use of the Power Spot every round because the charas are left in positions that make it very hard to move in to flank the boss.

2. Bearauder

Bearauder Active Member

Try searching youtube for some reference.

Mind listing out your units in the squad?

3. Valar

Valar Member

I would worry more about using the power point in this battle than flaking him optimally. If you let him get the power point he will ruin your day. Just flank him with 2-3 character if you have to.

4. Enza

Enza Member

I found 1 vid where the guy was having the same problem I was. XD I'll look again though.

Anyway, the team is Ba'gunar, Camellia, Czerkras, Grace, MetupĂ­, and Kuscah.
    Level 30 average.

5. Enza

Enza Member

Third time's the charm?

image.jpg
    I have no idea if swapping in the Princess did anything since I completely ignored her during this battle and focused on moving my offensive units around. I only lost Gigojago (another swap in) even though the image makes it look like 4 charas are left. In retrospect, I have no idea why I put him in. :p

Honestly, it feels like half of the chance of success in this boss fight depends on where your characters and the Power Point after each round. I mean, what the hell am I supposed to do in a case like this?
    image.jpg
    I suppose one could argue that you can set up your units to attack it by making the Gigaworm get close to them through pushing the P toward them (when you know you won't be able to flank it)? That way, everyone will be more or less near it and not all the way across the board.

6. Parallax

Parallax New Member

I had issues with this one for a couple of days but just now beat it. It's not really so much of an issue with who you use so much as positioning. You can't let him absorb the power points or he just ruins your party.

7. Terra-Em

Terra-Em Well-Known Member

This is such a brutal and cheap level... they control where the Power Point spawns... setting you up to fail. It took me ten times now and finally I got lucky with the placement of the power points. Strategy be damned..this boss stage is all about quickly moving the powerpoint and trying to activate it ... leave the minions alone so you have a better chance at activating the powerpoint on them if they are nearby. Luck based stage if I ever saw it. I love how some YouTube videos show the boss fight but quit mid-way (cause I bet they lost LOL). Persevere and you *might* get lucky. Bahumat was easy sheesh.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  8. JooanDaddy

JooanDaddy New Member

In that case, if you move the power point to left bottom corner, Gigaworm won't be able to move far enough to reach the power point, and you can flank him next turn.

Enza likes this.
  9. Enza

Enza Member

? It has a fixed amount of distance .... Oh God, I've been ignoring this fact with enemies even though it's so obvious like in Tin Parade. Many thanks!

10. coyo7e

coyo7e New Member

I don't think it's a fixed distance - I just had him move from the bottom-left corner all the way to within 1 square of the top-right corner to nab a pellet.

11. Enza

Enza Member

I guess it's just a matter of whether or not the game feels like it wants to use the skill or not then. :| I did get the trick to work but I only tried it once so I don't know if it's a consistent thing or not. Maybe it depends on user interaction; i.e. you HAVE to move it and not just let it spawn in a far off distance and not do anything with it?

12. Nisten

Nisten Active Member

@Enza I had a problem with him too ... making sure he doesn't use the power point takes top priority as thunderstorm is a huge pain to deal with ... i ended up beating him with my 3 characters (the rest died because of poor strategy) ... (its sort of an endurance game as you have to keep chipping away at his health) ... Ideally, you want to have all the characters on your team still alive and you want to get rid of the minions; all while making sure the boss doesn't get a power point ... Good luck! I don't know if you already beat this or not

13. ThirdEyeKing

ThirdEyeKing New Member

Yea third time the charm here also get the power points as soon as they spawn kill all the enemy's first so they won't block u. The first time I did this dungeon I was like hey free power point ill save. Then I got rekt lol

Nisten likes this.
  14. Nisten

Nisten Active Member

I thought the same thing

ThirdEyeKing likes this.