Companion Tickets

Discussion in 'Bugs, Hackers & Feature Requests' started by Akroma, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Akroma

Akroma Active Member

Hello my fellow terra battlers!

Did they reduced CT drop rate on Shin'en HM?
    I could be wrong, but it's been four full stamina bar spent on Shin'en HM that I collect 0 or only 1 companion tickets. In the past, this was very unusual (usually 2, 3 or 4 tickets a full bar). Am I the only one experiencing this issue??

2. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    Recently I had some problems getting CT from Shin'en as well, but I guessed it is normal, maybe we're both unlucky this moment :3

Anyway, I'll keep an eye on the drops from now on.

EDIT: lol, the run I did immediately after posting this message gave me 2 CT xD
    (for a total of 3 tickets in 5 runs)

3. Caliban

Caliban Active Member

I've only recently gained the ability to farm Shin'en reliably, so I don't know what it used to be like, but currently the amount of companion tickets I'm getting is definitely disappointing. Full stamina bar usually gets me either 0 or 1 CT. Farming BLO1 is about the same honestly, full stamina bar gets me either 0 or 1 CT. BLO1 is more accessible due to Shin'en HM time restrictions, but at least Shin'en is more interesting/challenging, I don't think I can stand to farm BLO1 any more since it's even more monotonous than SBing and less rewarding. Bottom line, there's just no great way to farm CT right now. Which is probably deliberate on MW's part, since the current otomo slate is massively powerful (grand petas + Peyrna Sword).

4. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

It feels about the same to me, but that could just be RNG benefiting me over you. It's very possible MW wasn't happy with people doing 80, 90 and 100 pulls during bonus events and reduced the drop rate.

5. freelame

freelame Active Member

Had the same luck as you. Today, after the Z event is over I got 3 tickets from 7 runs :troll:

6. lynx

lynx Active Member

I was going to talk about this as well.
    In the past 3 days, since 4.6.1 update, I've got zero companion ticket from 36 Shin'en runs.
    Usually, I would get at least 2 tickets a day (~12 runs).

BLO1 seems to drop normally for me though, around 1 ticket from 10 runs.

7. Akroma

Akroma Active Member

I'm wondering if they aren't preparing for a widening or pure deletion of the HM hour. They don't want to give every player a way to get 10 tickets a day...

8. Caliban

Caliban Active Member

Interesting theory. They did talk about making Shin'en "more accessible" I thought- I was definitely hoping that meant extending the times during which you could play Hard Mode, as opposed to making it easier to beat (like they did with the Kinos/8-Bits where the level 3s can mostly be one-hit now). But I was also hoping that the rewards for beating HM would still be as good! They already got rid of the 100k coin drops before I was able to beat the level which is sad.

9. Guaparrón

Guaparrón Active Member

I've always had shitty CoT drops on Shin'en. More than three full stamina bars (~6 runs per stamina run) has given me 2 tickets.

10. Akroma

Akroma Active Member

There is definitely something.... again today with a full stamina bar, only one CT. The rest of the A/B luck chests are mostly rings....

11. Caliban

Caliban Active Member

6 runs this morning, 0 CTs. CT farming in Shin'en is the only thing I do in this game anymore, running out of motivation to even do that.

12. EricTheMostRed

EricTheMostRed Member

7 runs this morning, 1 CT, 1 FT, 2 MT

13. Ph B

Ph B Well-Known Member

It's just RNG. During companion event I managed to farm up 10 tickets in couple of days. The last three days I've gotten 7.

I remember awhile back there was bad week where I didn't get one ticket. Just keep at, it's a nice stamina sink.

14. Ant.

Ant. Member

3-4 tickets are usually the threshold to all of you whom spend all stamina farming Shin'en. 6 is very rare, though I got 7 yesterday for my first time.

Its all about RNG, take it ezy

15. Akroma

Akroma Active Member

RNG.. rng, today i got one! Again! for a full bar! It's been a week, i don't know the probability but for a whole week to get one per day when the usual number is 2-3 CT, but it must not be very high!!

16. Akroma

Akroma Active Member

And again: 0 today...
    Don't tell me it's rng....

17. tieuzbao

tieuzbao Active Member

Who's this RNG guy? He's pissing me off.

Akroma likes this.
  18. Caliban

Caliban Active Member

I got two today- praise RNGesus!

19. freelame

freelame Active Member

28 runs, only 1 ticket :(

20. Akroma

Akroma Active Member

Even 2 was bad a few months ago... They definitely changed the drop rate.