Companion Tickets

Discussion in 'Bugs, Hackers & Feature Requests' started by Akroma, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Akroma

Akroma Active Member

0 again. I think we should start writing our CT drop down, if we're enough players to do so, we can estimate the current Shinen HM CT drop rate, and compare it to the 8% of BLO.

2. tieuzbao

tieuzbao Active Member

Seriously a whole bar 141 stamina with 0 to show for...I get the whole RNG thing but it's still frustrating.

3. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

I'm pretty sure they've reduced the CT drop rate for Shin'en HM. I haven't completed Ch 35 yet, so I have HM all day, and have been farming it almost nonstop since the last 10 pull companion event. All I have to show for that grind is 59 tickets :(

Akroma likes this.
  4. Akroma

Akroma Active Member

Thx Yeezus for confirming my assumption!
    I hope they'll give us another CT farming possibility soon!

5. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

For some maths, I estimate that I run Shin'en HM around 17 times a day (don't end up using all of my available stamina during the day due to work/real life obligations). It's been 24 days since the last CoT event, which means I've run it around 408 times.

59 tickets / 408 runs = 14.5%

Probably not as high as it used to be, but still better than BLO's ~8%.

My estimate also seems to corroborate with people reporting a full stamina bar netting 0-1 tickets:

5 runs x 0.1446 = 0.723 tickets

After this event, I'll try to remember to log my # of runs more vigorously so we can get a more accurate estimate.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  6. Caliban

Caliban Active Member

I've been farming Shinen nonstop since the last 10 pull event as well, but I only get hard mode for two hours a day (big mistake completing chapter 35), still I managed to come up with 50 companion tickets for the event tonight. I don't really know what the drop rate used to be since I only recently was able to farm Shinen but I agree that 50 companion pulls probably wasn't worth the grind, especially since it often meant ducking out of something else I was doing since HM was only available at the specific windows. I thought I once heard a rumor about Shinen HM being made more accessible? I hope they extend the timeframe for hard mode instead of making it easier.

Like everyone else still playing this game, I am holding my breath for some grand petas!!! Although I would still be happy if I finally got some of the other companions everyone else has, I still don't have a demon or a whitewyrm wand or a kiss bottle.

Edit: the grind would be less grind-y if I had Mizell. Maybe then I'd be less annoyed about all the time and frustration I went through to get my 50 CTs. I'm still using Kraken Kino which means some S/Ls here and there when I blow a move. No room for error!

7. Caliban

Caliban Active Member

I thought the BLO rate was 8%. 25% chance of opening the D chest, 1/3 chance of getting each kind of ticket, so 25/3 ~= 8%.

yeezus likes this.
  8. freelame

freelame Active Member

For me hard mode is 3:00 PM and AM. Since the last rate up event I do 7 runs each afternoon and 7 runs at night if I manage to stay awake. So far I have 32 CT. My RNG is that bad?

9. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

Your drop rate is pretty similar to mine.

Assuming you manage to stay awake for 3 AM HM slightly less than half the time, that's an average of around 10 runs a day, which means 240 runs since the last event.

32 / 240 = 13.33%, which isn't too far off from my 14.46%

You're right, I forgot that there were 3 possible tickets. I'll fix it in my original post.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  10. EricTheMostRed

EricTheMostRed Member

Don't forget that we were gifted one CT from the Retweet event.

11. lynx

lynx Active Member

I am giving up on farming CT from Shin'en. For me, it's not very efficient, stamina wise.
    For the past 5 days, I've got 0 CT drop from his stage. :sorry:
    On the other hand, I've got 18 CTs from BLO1 stage in the same time period.

By the way, has anyone reached money cap yet? Is it 100 mil?
    All these money from Shin'en's ΟⅡs and minions... I wish we could use them to buy some basic items.

12. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    Cap should be "99.999.999", no idea if they're going to expand it at the "new TB day" as part of this last 4.7.0 update, but I don't see it happening anyway (sitting on 64M, a higher cap would be welcome...), and I think as you that Shin'en isn't worth anymore. I know that are just speculations, as we can't really see the drop rate, but as you I'm sure that patch 4.6.1 lowered the drop rate.

BLO1 might be slow, but at least are more rewarding... for now.

Tho, I will run Shin'en from time to time, as it is still really a fast way to burn stamina.

13. Akroma

Akroma Active Member

I am in the process of recording my drops of CT from BLO and Shinen. I will share them when they are significant. But i think they have lowered Shinen drop before opening the hard mode.

14. Caliban

Caliban Active Member

Full stamina bar run on newly-opened Shin'en HM this morning, zero CTs. If a lower CT drop rate was the price of all-day hard mode, that is a crappy deal. BLO1 is too boring to farm, at least Shin'en farming kept me sharp since I don't have Mizell.

15. DanielMilian

DanielMilian Member

I’m farming shinen all the time I’m up. yesterday I got 8, today I got only one.

16. Sharrax

Sharrax Active Member

If MW nerfed Shin'en CT drop, the question of the best place to farm CT rises again. Maybe BLO 1 are better than nerfed Shin'en?

17. Akroma

Akroma Active Member

Looks like it. From my first numbers, they reduced Shinen CT drop to 8% or less, but even if it is 8%, BLO would be better stamina wise.

18. Ant.

Ant. Member

MW make your dream comes true to have Shin'en and Mutoh HM permanently on, but at the same time they destroyed you dream on farming CTs, GG.