Compatibility issues?

Discussion in 'Bugs, Hackers & Feature Requests' started by Verismo, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Verismo

Verismo New Member

I think we need to make a thread with phones that are having issues with the game. I've got a Droid Turbo 2(6.0.1) and TB2 just randomly crashes all the time. Mostly when it's loading something. The only thing I have that I can even think might be interfering with TB2 might be Apex Launcher, but that's just a launcher and I only use it to remove the Google Bar at the top of my phone screen.

In the Discord chat, it seems I'm not the only one with the force closing/crashes either. The game seems to be just poorly optimized across the board at the moment.

2. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    Moto X Style with 7.0.1 (no root, no custom ROM) and Nova Launcher, sometimes I need to start the game 3 or 4 times to actually play, as it crashes when logging in. Crashes when starting or ending a stage are common as well.

Anyway, I don't think that is something related to our phones; at the current state TB2 is just unstable, and from what I know it crashes on every device.

3. Verismo

Verismo New Member

So I did a little test. One of the players from Discord is using a Samsung tablet and hasn't experienced any crashing. So I pulled out my old Samsung Galaxy Sol 8gb and installed TB2. Played it for an hour and no crashing at all. The phone is also bare bones though. I'm considering that either Samsung has better compatibility or there's something installed on my Droid that's messing up TB2. My phone isn't rooted so I can't look at the system logs though sadly.

Silver Mitsuki likes this.
  4. Estavali

Estavali Member

Probably hijacking the thread :worry:

I'm running TB2 on a Galaxy S4 with Android 5.0.1 and after the last update on 6th Oct, when I move a unit, the movement will be sluggish. I'm not sure if this is my hardware/OS not capable of running the game at its full capacity or just a bug. Does anyone else have this problem too, sluggish movement when dragging a unit?

On topic, TB2 crashes on my phone regularly too (not rooted afaik, it's a pass-me-down). I think Silver's right, the game is just too bugged atm :troll:

5. Caliban

Caliban Active Member

I have an OP3 and can't even install the game, says it's incompatible with my device. Very sad, maybe because it's rooted? TB1 always worked fine, 505 login days and counting. Guess I won't be joining the TB2 party with you all. :bigtears:

6. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    You're installing the APK, after allowing the installation from "unknown sources" and it says that the device is incompatible?
    What kind of message you're getting?

(or is just a Play Store alert?)

7. Caliban

Caliban Active Member

It doesn't even show up in play store searches on the phone- on the play store website (on my pc) it comes up but says it's not compatible with any of my devices, so I can't send it to my phone to install.

Is there a way to bypass this by installing the APK directly? I know I have the "allow unknown sources" thing checked.

8. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
  9. Verismo

Verismo New Member

So, I did a factory reset on my Droid Turbo 2. I didn't install anything that runs in the background or does anything to mess with phone like the Apex Launcher I was using. Now I get almost no crashing. Seems like, while the app IS buggy, it's also conflicting with anything that does anything with system files, UI, etc.

10. Caliban

Caliban Active Member

This worked! Thank you!

I hope I'm not too far behind everyone who started right at the beginning... Even though I completed all the content in TB1, there are still some things I was always sore about not having, like Celestial Envoy since TLS never came back...

Silver Mitsuki likes this.
  11. Verismo

Verismo New Member

Yeah, nevermind. The crashing has gotten worse with each update. Are they ever going to fix this? I'm getting increasingly frustrated. Maybe I shouldn't bother with this game.

12. angel.caf

angel.caf New Member

Hello I have a Sony Experia t3 I tried to dowload the apkbut it alwais said "unfortunatly the app it´s stop to work" My movilephone have android 4.4 and is root, which could be the problem?

13. lynx

lynx Active Member

Though I do not have Xperia T3, I could confirm a few points;
    - TB2 can run on unlocked/rooted devices.
    - TB2 works on Android 4.4.4. I had tried it on Xperia E4 (Stock Sony ROM).

By the way, when I tried TB2 on Xperia E4, I found 1GB RAM device is not really enough to properly runs TB2. As soon as I left TB2, says to make a phone call, the game would closed and I had to restart it again.

14. angel.caf

angel.caf New Member

I played games "stronger" about graphics and that things so I think that should't be about ram