Current PoH: Ya or Na

Discussion in 'General' started by Sightless, Aug 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Sightless

Sightless New Member

Sitting here debating dumping some money on the developers lap for Gugba, Maldor (I have Zerro), Bajanna or Andelucia but I can't for the life of me decide if it's worth my almighty 45$cad Or if i should wait for TB2

Any input would be appreciated~

2. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    Since I can't find a pic of a (real) roman emperor pointing his thumb down I guess I'll just opt for the longer alternative;

tl;dr: do yourself a favour and keep your money.

Right now, the currently available units are:
    Z - Ellvern Λ, Andelucia
    SS - Gugba, Gaiga, Czekras, Bajanna, Maldor, Kir'ue, Daiana Λ, Korin Λ, A'merpact Λ
    S - Zuzu, Zafitte, Lunato, Lunaken, Pupru, Sh'berdan Λ, Bahl Λ, Grace Λ

Among these, Ellvern Λ, Andelucia and Korin Λ are the only "new" units from the previous Pact of Hope, so I'll focus mainly on them.
    An analysis of the other units can be found on this link (I'll quote a couple of parts below).

• Ellvern Λ is a nice supporter, but Palpa can easily (and, overall, better, as her recoded form has the skill [​IMG] Augment Attack) fill his spot. As many other status dealers, at the current state of the game isn't worth to be included in your party.
    • Andelucia can hit hard and is pretty cute, but I'd pass on her as well:
      • as for the other units introduced with patch 4.0, it will take you too much time to level her up and unlock her other jobs,
      • on the late game you probably won't use hybrid units anyway, as low level stages can be cleared essentially with any unit and high level ones often require a specific team (pure phys or pure magic)
      • the game offers too many graviton units (plus some graviton companions from the always present "The Primordial Dragon King" event in Arena, you find some guides for beating him listed here), so if you're doing it for this reason pass, as they aren't actually required for any specific stage
    • Korin Λ is nothing of special, and in fact you're not even considering it ;)
      is a nice guy, capable to power up all your sword units, but on the long run you might not use him anyway --- also, can be acquired easily by recoding the A class Korin; if needed, get him this way ;)

As you already have Zerro, I don't absolutely suggest you to get Maldor; he can deal some serious damage, yeah, but on the long run mages are capable to deal a so high damage that you'll just look for skills with a wider Area of Effect, and Zerro Λ can cover most of the map with one simple pincer).

From the post I mentioned above:
    Make me know if you want me to go deeper on some units and add something else :)

As I wrote above, for now I'd just save my money and, eventually, spend them on Terra Battle 2 (or on the next Pact of Hope, maybe there will be some great units, who knows ^-^ )

Sean Bond, Sightless and Terra-Em like this.
  3. Sightless

Sightless New Member

Whoaaaa thanks so much for going right into so much detail, this helped a ton

Silver Mitsuki likes this.
  4. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

I'd avoid choosing any PoH that aren't any of the following:
    • A natural Z. You can get S/SS units pretty reliably with the 10/2 event, and some of them can be recoded into Z units. Don't even bother with A/B characters or their recodes.
    • A Photon or Moon character. The two biggest challenges currently are Mutoh and Sun King, which need Photon and Moon characters respectively.
    • A magic tapper. Physical tappers are relatively easy to get thanks to Palpa and Gatz. All magic tappers however are quite hard since they're all Z. Impairs are OK, too, but you only need one.
    • Pure mage. Bahl^ and S'naip^ can take care of almost anything that needs physical, and hybrids just suck.
    With that in mind, here are the units I'd consider ideal for PoH:
    • Sayu
    • Senala
    • Feno
    • Tronic Gal
    • Peyrna
    • Schweiz
    • Annu
    • Ashe
    • Mizell
    • Edg'low / Myne (you don't need both)
    • Dahlia

Sean Bond and Todd like this.
  5. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

Yeah this pact of hope stinks

I think Ki'rue deserves the most consideration for this pact, but again she's a hybrid which has proven to just be not as good in TB1

Honestly I was expecting more discussion regarding getting Demon from companions of hope

6. Sean Bond

Sean Bond Well-Known Member

Don't pull. @Silver Mitsuki covered why, and @TrueShadow covered almost my exact philosophy on PoH. S/SS/recoded Z characters are all too easy to obtain to be worth that much IRL money, unless you don't mind paying $30+ every time PoH hits.

Hell, I even skipped Sayu, who I really need, because I only need her for Mutoh, and I have other grav units.

My "must pull" PoH would be Feno, Mizell or Senala; yours should be whatever natural Zs fill holes in your squad best.

7. Moskentraumen

Moskentraumen Active Member

Despite i really want those characters too, i highly doubt one of those super Z's (Mizell, Senala, Lacuma, Nazuna) will be available on PoH any soon or ever.

8. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    Actually, even if I'm sure we won't ever see Mizell nor Nazuna in PoH I'm starting to wonder if it will be possible to see a Senala during this, or most likely, one of the following Vengeful Heart events...

is all up to MistWalker, I wonder how they'll behave, and how much they care about their first Terra Battle.

9. Sean Bond

Oh yeah, I don't expect the OP units to appear in PoH, either. However,

Yeah, I'm nervous about Senala. Because I have 44 purchased energy right now; what if they do an "odds up" at the beginning of VH, and then put her in PoH at the end? I'll probably have used my energy by then...:wacky:

10. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

:love:Buy more Energy :love:

11. Sean Bond

:hilarious:

:dead:

12. yeezus

yeezus Well-Known Member

They usually do an odds up event again when the event ends, so you could always wait and see what they do for PoH before then.