Data dump?

Discussion in 'Bugs, Hackers & Feature Requests' started by Moebius, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Moebius

Moebius New Member

Hello fellow companions !

Since we must face turning off our beloved game I start to wonder:
    Is there anyway or anyone have some kind of Database dump, with all of Characters, Monsters and Enemy (pics, lore, skills info)?

Yup, I know that we have Wiki with all of that, but how long it'll stay on-line after closing server ?

2. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    Over the past months/years, for a number of reasons, I kept delaying the works on the new version of the Compendium that would have served not only for TB but for a number of other games (with improved features compared to the current one): if I didn't slack off and actually finished the works on it you'd been able to refer to that. If you're interested it will be ready by the end of the year (for what people may care), and the data in it retrievable via API (so you can print it via private/public chatbot, your personal webpage and so on) but well, is just another stupid useless thing that will be delivered when most people will barely remember the great experience that TB has been for most of us.

Anyway don't worry, there's at least one person on it, and not everything will be lost :)

3. Moebius

Moebius New Member

Should remind myself in some time, or do you have a website or server somewhere, where you put information on the progress on a regular basis?
    I really Your love the idea :)

4. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    right now everything is on local and I'm not sharing any progress with anyone (both to not feel pressured during the works and because I'm a useless piece of garbage with a lot of IRL annoying problems that keep me away from working on it as I should), when it will be done you'll find it on http://tbc.silverdb.it/ (right now you're seeing the good old deprecated crappy TBc), and the old (current) version accessible throught old-tbc.silverdb.it or something like that.
    Note it will also include other extras I initially planned for the first version of the compendium, like a personal (TBS-like) page and... let's call them achievements (so that everyone can understand). It will also feature, for how useless it will be now (lol) a tracker that tells you what item to farm each day (e.g. "today is DD for Excalibur, used by Sheena and Gugba, in your roster" or "remember to buy the White Orbling companion from the TP this week, you don't have it").

Anyway, even if the TB-related stuff will take a little more time to get implemented (I'm most likely going to rewrite a lot of parts instead of copy-pasting them) I think I'm going to work on them anyway, just to preserve the experiences this game left in many of us :)

Everything will be done before the end of 2020, unless something of terrible comes out I can promise you this.