Datamining retirement [long text chunk inside]

Discussion in 'General' started by Tharos, Nov 7, 2017.

1. tobsy

tobsy Active Member

I found this forum for that same reason. That damn Leviathan.. XD real good times. Thanks for all your hard work over the years @Tharos ! All gaming communities need shining examples like you who step up and do Odin's work. Here's to hoping that TB2 could get to that place soon. I really hope it doesn't crash and burn. Anyway... Take it easy, soldier. Salute!

2. Quartzel

Quartzel Well-Known Member

Thanks for everything from a day -1 TB1 player.

I'm still pissed off how they fucked up the TB2 launch.
    It basically destroyed our beloved franchise, with entire mobile communities bashing it for good reasons.

Here's hoping Terra Wars delivers something blissful, and we see your return there.

3. nilnilx

nilnilx Member

Thank you Tharos for all the hard work and sharing with us your story. It's sad to see you give up datamining, but I'm also happy to know that you like the memory of it. This forum, especially your new version threads, helped me so much in the old days. Then I began to SB like mad and spend a few bucks to complete all pools and content and left... Now coming back halfheartedly for TB2, I perfectly understand your feelings.

TB2, in the current state, doesn't deserve your datemining anyway. There I said it. It's time for us all to do some soul-searching I guess.

But that's not important. Wish your daughter health and happiness!:happy:

4. icehro

icehro Active Member

No need to say that I'm gratefull for your datamining :3
    Thank you for your hard work ! And glad that you didn't give up on TB1 even if you are not doing datamining anymore !

Best Regards ;)

(PS : I agree with most of TB2 comment, that game should deserve some better things. Guardian's cast are amazing. But that's not the discussion here ^^')

5. Alcana

Alcana Member

I have always tried to find the correct path with the in-game hints but way too often, after 3-5 tries, I realized that I was unable to find anything.
    Thanks a lot for all the help and info you provided ! I would have missed so much without your work :) .

6. BlackSama

BlackSama Active Member

Well thanks for all the work on datamining, I pretty much come here for the datamine so I am not sure how long I am sticking around without Tharos, if anything has been a fun game, at least while MW still cared about it, luck certainly screwed things over, went downhill after that.

7. frznnguyen

frznnguyen Member

This is so emotional even though I don't know you and don't recall ever talking to you on the forum. But I remember waiting for your game update posts to consider something official and all the people that used to discuss data and strategies on this forum. Oh the good times indeed! Thanks for all that you've contributed to the community and best of luck.

8. cjguitarman

cjguitarman Well-Known Member

@Tharos, your diligent work made the game more enjoyable for all of us. I'm not sure how I would have made it though all the paths of The Last Story event without you sharing your knowledge with the forum. Thanks for making the community a better place. I wish you all the best!

freelame and Rydia like this.
  9. Matthieu

Matthieu Well-Known Member

Medals:
    I come a little late to the party but I just wanted to say it's been a real pleasure to play/datamine/discuss with you !

Thanks for all you've done :)

10. TriggerHurt

TriggerHurt Active Member

Even later to the party but let me also tell you how useful your work has been for our enjoyment of Terra Battle. We're really lost with TB2 and missing so much info! Is there a cap to the negotiator and th boosts? (for xp boost we had to drop 20 to know that there is currently no cap) How much are stats increased by the spellblade "diversity" bonus? And so on ...
    I hope MW realizes one day that without these info their game is a lot less enjoyable.
    Having some experience as a developer, could you give me a hint on where to start to learn how to datamine at least for some simple stuff like the caps?