Death of Shay & Arionne (Matsuno World Event)

Discussion in 'Events' started by icehro, Sep 29, 2017.

1. icehro

icehro Member

Nobody make this event thread, so I'm making it :')

What is this event ?

This event is an original story (finally) added in 5.0.0.
    It is 5 chapter in a new (and limited) world map that you can acces in the menu "Map" after clearing chapter 25.

How to play ?

Just clear quests and chapter, enjoy the story. (There's 5 quest in each chapters except the last where there is only 1 quest.)

Is it difficult ? Should I bring Bahl ?

It's not hard, you're not needed to bring L100 at each fight. Some heavy DPS like Bahl, MacCuri, Sn'aip & tappers can make your life easier but you just need to have good units so bring what you want (Z mage & heavy DPS are recommended for some fights & last)

Note : Be carfull a certain boss start the fight with Death Sentence (6 to 8 turns) be sure to have strong DPS AND Outflank (This boss is like Ella^ 1x1 character)

Is there any bullshit like Drag Time ?

Uhm I don't think so. Just make sure in 1-5 that Shay do not die. If he die you'll not be able to go to chapter 2.

Is there any rewards ?

By clearing last quest you unlock the new character "Morgana" S-class
    You can also get her jobs items through all the battle by drops or in luck chest. (That means it's not clearing rewards, like Clara job items)
    You need :
    - 5 Expension module (J2)
    - 5 Improvement module (J2)
    - 5 Evolution module (J3)
    - 5 Improvement module (J3)

Note : You can get all 3 module by playing chapter 5, with Treasure Hunter or 100L team

Ehhh, I have Morgana but when I'm doing again chapter 5 she won't drop

Morgana is a character with 30% chance of dropping, you can get her also with Luck Chest (100, I don't have dropped D chest until now can't tel for this). So bring your Yukken, Samatha & Ella^

That's all, there's not something else to do ?

*Crying* No... You can bring Morgana in the chapter 5 to see the "true" end. But there's neither other rewards nor Morgana guaranted drop for clearing with Morgana.

Note : Morgana need to be in your team and be alive to see the "true" end. If you're lazy just bring OPlber.

(I've nothing to add, any question ? Ask here ! Oh ya OST and Story are like always very amazing)

2. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    I still haven't cleared the event (many rushed it, I think that I'll take a couple of days to enjoy it, maybe a little more...) so I didn't have a chance to test her on my own but on paper Morgana seems an awesome S class, with several chainable physical skills and, as it is farmable, with an high proc rate.

So far there's nothing I don't love: story is well written, the music is really nice, enemies don't die from random AoE ...the only thing that isn't totally right is the art of the two Z class units, definitively not at a "Fujisaka level", but it's ok :)

Arionne seems a beast.

Mr45 likes this.
  3. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

Yeah, Arionne's art is okay, but Shay's is weird. Like, he looks really blocky. His J3 pose is weird, too.

Arionne is a good mage. She lacks AoE but damage wise she's equal to other Z mages. Sayu/Mogha level, not Senala^/Mizell^ level.

Shay, on the other hand...he does good single pincer damage but because he has no buffs nor chainable skills, his double pincer damage is lacking. A lot. Morgana, Grace^, Engi, Clara^, Scarlet all does more damage than him. He's basically 54B2 tier.

Silver Mitsuki likes this.
  4. Mr45

Mr45 Member

Many Thanks @icehro for the info! This clearing some questions I had.

And @Silver Mitsuki, I completely agree with you on the event. My friends just trashed the event in a few minutes. Meanwhile I'm still admiring the quality background art and using the free chapter complete stamina refresh strategically. But that being said the artwork for the two new characters is bland as best in my opinion. Although I am digging the Morgana job arts, specifically the Job3 art. It looks chaotic and asymmetrical but I find it fun to look at.

5. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

I've been slowly doing the event as well. I've been neglecting TB1 and there's busy so much to do right now. Going to look forward to SB/luck farming Morgana.

The art style is nice in its own way, but the character expressions are unsettling. Reminds me of creepy paintings that stare at you.

6. pob138

pob138 New Member

Morgana is a beast to level, though.

7. TrueShadow

Finished the true end.

Love the story. Especially chapter 4. What the "adventurers" experience in that chapter is so something a lot of old-school JRPG players can relate to :hilarious:.

Although really, it feels very...fanfiction-y. Like, it would be better as a completely separate story like VH rather than awkwardly trying to fit in the TB story.
    A major plothole is how Morgana is created as a weapon to fight the Oxcesians a hundred years ago, and her data is stored in Animata. Yet, in TB story people know jackshit about Animata or the Oxcesians. You only found out about them when Gallus went kaboom.

It may make sense if Shay and Arionne are from the Animata's previous world, but that is way more than 100 years ago.

Plus, it feels Morgana is just a rehash of Animata. A great technology that went berserk and now the creators want to eliminate them

On another note, I can't unsee Lennyface on Morgana J1 :bored:

8. secangel

secangel Member

Cleared the quest today and spend quite some time to... dump the stamina from chapter clear. Chapter clear energies are always sweet, yet the maximum stamina cap does not increase like main story.

The story is great. It even gives me some kind of "Assassin Creed" feeling by something like Animus. :)

Now repeating Chapter 5 to SB and job unlock Morgana.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  9. Zeroelcapo

Zeroelcapo Well-Known Member

Thank you for this thread!!! :joyful:

10. Caliban

Caliban Active Member

The Samuel Beckett reference in the story made me smile. Do people still read him in school? Are books still a thing?

11. EricTheMostRed

EricTheMostRed Member

This is true. She levels like a Z character. I don't know why MW does this occasionally (the last unit I remember like this was Nephrite Dragon, who was A class but leveled like a Z).

pob138 likes this.
  12. pob138

pob138 New Member

I also pulled Arionne the other day. she's about as bad. 3 jobs, but the fourth skills of each aren't unlocked until level 90.

13. TrueShadow

That applies to all new Z classes, though

14. pob138

pob138 New Member

I guess it's been a while since I pulled one, then, and didn't just recode. lol

15. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    *Playing the event*
    *Morgana charges some special attack, some areas on the field become red*
    "Oh, my characters are lv90, it won't be a problem if some of them will be hit from that attack"
    Morgana casts Delete Data
    What da fuk?

Ok really, that would be brutal IRL xD
    Do anybody know if the characters hit by the skill Delete Data come back on the field later? (as it happens with Toxid's Dimensional Shift)

16. Demilich

Demilich New Member

Guys, is it really possible to place events of this story to the TB timeline at all? I crashed my brain trying to do this(

Zeroelcapo likes this.
  17. icehro

icehro Member

Don't think so Silver, I tried to keep it during like 3 turns and they were not back. Sad life. Well they were back for my next attempt though xDDD