Distilled Mutoh details?

Discussion in 'Levels & Bosses' started by Todd, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

So the other Shin'en and Mutoh thread is really difficult to follow. There is a lot of off-topic chatter in the thread and none of the boss characteristics are really spelled out. The videos are great on the one hand but on the other hand they're not really helpful for those of us who don't have those characters.

Is there some way to distill the info into here?
    What phases does Mutoh have?
    What *kinds* of characters are needed?
    ---
    Twister ward:
    Leviathan O [ leviathan recoded luck ]
    Suoh O [ TP ]
    Slugosaur kino O [ ? ]
    Kem^
    Mizell
    Daiana^

Dispel damage air:
    Leviathan OII [ leviathan recoded luck ]
    Mizell OII [ ? ]
    Kem OII [ 8-bit spinetrich luck ]
    Suoh OII [ Shin'en^ luck ]
    Mogha OII [ RDK luck ]
    Daiana OII [ Rarity Rumble luck ]
    Slugosaur Kino OII [ slug kino revenge ]
    Andelucia OII [ ? ]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    Kouromaro, Sakuno and tieuzbao like this.
  2. Bare

Bare Well-Known Member

They're all pretty spelled out there with the info you need to know if you're able to succeed or not, and still plenty of room for experimentation (since that's how we gather knowledge). Shin'en is a bit more anomalous given the nature of his fight, however. Given MW has stated explicitly now the fights were designed to be impossible there may not be a whole lot of leeway at this time, which should evolve in time.

Mutoh's only phases of note are the Twisters at 60% and her Axionball at 20%, which is the same behavior triggered by 3 Capsule breaks. There's a more defensive approach to the Twister phase, but it's a drag and no more reliable than Augmenting through it.

tieuzbao likes this.
  3. jarsoffeet

jarsoffeet Active Member

@Bare in 4.1.1 gego stealth is immune to twisters

4. Bare

Bare Well-Known Member

5. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

"Twisters at 60%" means what?
    "Axionball at 20%" means what?
    I've tried sifting through that other thread but, like I already said, the info is spread out, hard to piece together, plus it's about 2 separate events, plus there are a lot of irrelevant distracting post, plus the idea of how to approach it evolves as you move through the thread. So I've had trouble. I'd say this is the opposite of "all spelled out."

I appreciate the fact that you've spent a ton of time running these events and you no doubt understand them extremely well. I'm hoping you and others can focus that knowledge into something concise and comprehensible here. Thanks in advance!

Sakuno likes this.
  6. jarsoffeet

jarsoffeet Active Member

She 1 shots you at 20% and summons twisters at 60%. twisters fill the middle rows and fuck everything without twister immunity. So your two plays are burst her from 60% or burst her from 20% your choice. kill her staffs and watch out for axion border.

tieuzbao likes this.
  7. tieuzbao

tieuzbao Active Member

So basically must have augmented units and Gegonago? If not, wait till units are pulled. I looked through the other threads and it looks like that's the basic of it.

8. Tsrintox

Tsrintox Active Member

S/L is almost a must, if you can beat her without it kudos to you but these runs require lots of luck.

Pre reqs: Levitation, Damage Booster taps, healing is not required but recommended, gego is not required but recommeded.

Taking a full physical approach def debuff tap, 1.5x attackers are needed and though otomos are not required peta otomos help greatly.

Doing it by magic requires otomos as well as not enough damage is done in the last phases without them. It focuses heavily on light magic units.

Luck: Enemy movement and alignment. This battle comes down to, are you lucky enough to get the enemies to align just right to burst down the boss? And are you lucky enough to not get your whole team pushed into tornados and avoid getting aligned with Mutoh's attack pattern.

9. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

For the physical DPS route, is it possible to do if your only tappers are Gatz ^ and Palpa ^?

10. Anubarak

Anubarak Active Member

I would like to know that too. I dont want to "waste" several hours and much stamina on trying impossible things^^" I only have Trinity + Gego^ + Bonna^ + Palpa^ + Gatz^ as strong physical attackers and usefull units. Can I make it with them?

11. shokakao

shokakao Member

Wait.
    We can win mutoh with a physical DD team ? not a joke ?

12. BambY

BambY Active Member

I have tried once with physical team.
    You do more damage for each double pince but...
    #1 : at the killing turn you can not expect to do 3 pincer, in the sens that magical damage are pincer Area 1.... so pincer the add = pincer the boss .... this helps a lot in the damage output. where with a physical team you have more buff (*1.5) but this is not as good.
    #2 : as you will likely need an other turn to kill it ... it will be a twister phase, and you will do a crap single pincer, where your magical team will do a lot better ....

So yes, it is doable (I almost done it with only 10 SL / try, but I think the magical way is easier.)
    Ot at least, with the way I tried it ;)

placas, Sakuno and Xeniaton like this.
  13. supergaijin

supergaijin Well-Known Member

basically, there is no defense against axionball because mutoh dispels resistance before she casts it, and then it's game over (at least in my experience). 20% is not the only time she can cast it. I've had her do it at 1 mil/900k/800k/700k hp, and she's done it regardless of whether or not I attacked in the last round. I do not know if it's hitting her too hard or too light that causes it to trigger. @Tharos , is there any key in the code for axionball to trigger with a specific event or is it random?

wouldn't snaip be good in the center then since he has the most aoe? ;)

also, mob attacks are random as well. breath is survivable, but graviball random is instant death.

14. Jeba

Jeba Well-Known Member

She casts it when she breaks 3 capsules also. But I assume you are not using any capsules. May be there are some other criteria too!

15. supergaijin

supergaijin Well-Known Member

I was using capsules and didn't notice that was the pattern :eek:

Sakuno likes this.
  16. Bare

Bare Well-Known Member

It's just 3 capsule breaks. This is also in the info thread :hilarious:

supergaijin likes this.
  17. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

Yeah, somewhere, like on page 5 nestled between posts of "gee this is hard" and "rofl 5 hours of S/L and couldn't do it"

18. Bare

Bare Well-Known Member

And now we have info and discussion scattered across 4 topics instead of less. These questions easily could have been posed there if you need clarification, and someone could put an earnest foot forth to compiling everything we know to date if they want. I feel it's rather premature unless they're readily on top of keeping it updated as, again, MW was explicit in expecting the dungeons unbeateable at release and there's still a lot on the way. For example, Gego's Stealth adjustment changes the dynamic incredibly, and we did not start with that. Even so, I expect the same uninvested questions will show up in chat and whatnot. Perhaps you can begin the compilation effort and it may help your knowledge of what the encounter offers and actively address your complaints with the current state of information. All of us are happy to share what we understand of the dungeons.

People want the hand-holding solution already and the few of those established or explored aren't even reliable at present. And Shin'en we don't understand completely. I doubt skipping all his abilities is what MW envisioned. More upsetting are those shutting down when they don't have the exact setup that others have succeeded with instead of thinking critically about the encounter and offering discussion of alternative solutions.

Umowoïs and supergaijin like this.
  19. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

These threads are a humble request for exactly that. Like we used to do on this forum.
    It's impossible to think critically about the encounter when you don't know what the phases are. Myself, I barely have enough of the right kind of roster to start scratching this and "exploring" it, making a stamina exploration very costly. This is one of the reasons why this forum EXISTS in the first place, so that the key information can be shared in a concise, digestible manner so that those of us who might be on the razor's edge could potentially come up with a way for us to beat it.

Currently the information about Shin'en and Mutoh are muddled in that one long thread, and as I've already said, it's pretty difficult to read through the thread and create a picture of what's going on in the encounters.

On this forum we used to have good guides where someone would explain an encounter, the thresholds, the abilities, the strategies, spell it all out. People could look at it and see if their own roster could fit into it, or maybe find a different solution.

Lately, the forum has gotten very sloppy. Guides aren't forthcoming. Heck, datamined information is posted in other locations before it is ever posted here.

RIP terrabattleforum.com

CloverKing and BambY like this.
  20. jarsoffeet

jarsoffeet Active Member

Maybe in a patch or two when they make the bosses reasonably do able someone will make a guide. Right now there is no consistent strategy other than get really good characterstuff and s/l for hours. Right now to beat mutoh the guide is get edge sayu myne pernya schwiez gego triple pincer pp tap at 60% hope for the best. Equip as many holy z as possible

supergaijin likes this.