Distilled Mutoh details?

Discussion in 'Levels & Bosses' started by Todd, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Person Man

Person Man Well-Known Member

Medals:
    http://terrabattleforum.com/threads/distilled-mutoh-details.11146/page-3#post-126875
    Farming Mutoh to 100 luck with a kiss bottle takes 9 days of stamina. Without it would take 18 days. If you have the team, it's not a bad use of stamina for either case, but I would wait for a few more 10/2 events if you have hard mode cycling. If you haven't beaten 35 yet, go for it. If you have nothing else to work on, go for it.

And yes Schweiz holds the Kiss Bottle.

2. thorowitzm

thorowitzm New Member

Thanks for the quick reply!
    I'm currently focusing on making a viable 100L team, as the only 100L units I have are Shinen and Seiryu. I need more pig snouts to make a 100L Suoh.. hope I can get some from the next TP. (cant farm those cause I didnt beat ch34 yet.. leaving it this way until I get Mutoh to 100L)

3. Kuyon

Kuyon Member

You can finish ch. 34 and still farm Mutoh all day in hard mode !
    It is ch. 35-10 that you should not beat.

So you can farm Pig Snout on 35-8, but not Temporal Helix on 35-10.

4. thorowitzm

thorowitzm New Member

Oh, my bad. I have cleared ch34 after all.. though I somehow thought pig snouts dropped after ch35. Might as well get Suoh^ to 100L first then.

5. 770

770 New Member

So. I got Beau'ne OII and that allowed me to get Shin'en.

Now for Mutoh, my team is as follows:
    1. GegoZ (Healing Rod)
    2. Schweiz (Healing Rod)
    3. Peyrna (Holy Dragon)
    4. Sayu (Holy Dragon)
    5. Edg'low (Holy Dragon)
    6. Myne (Samatha)
    I've gotten the hang of the fight but I'm having problems one shotting her from 60% with all the taps. Is it even possible with my team? Do I have to say, sub Peyrna for Beau'ne? Keep Peyrna but add another holy dragon on Myne? Add another holy dragon on Gego?

Any help would be appreciated.

6. Jeba

Jeba Well-Known Member

There is only one team capable of beating her atm and you have that team team (mizell^ can replace peyrna if u have her).
    You will need 5 holy dragon Z on everyone but Schweiz. Schweiz usually takes kiss bottle. Give him another holy dragon. Gegos extended regen is all the heals u need.
    Watch some videos, you will need to take her hp as close to 660k and triple pincer to kill.

7. Person Man

Medals:
    Has jeba said, if you would read through the thread, there's tons of fine details with methods to reduce rng. Your first problem is the wrong buddies.

http://terrabattleforum.com/threads/distilled-mutoh-details.11146/page-3#post-126875

http://terrabattleforum.com/threads/distilled-mutoh-details.11146/page-4#post-133652

Including the videos, that should be enough of a guide. It takes a few times to get to the point the runs are fast.

wrongnotes likes this.
  8. claude

claude Active Member

Has anyone tried using mizell lamda and senala lamda to kill off her using double pincer yet? Or is it possible?

9. Person Man

Medals:
    It's over on the 4.4 thread. The math works out to be about 50k short on the double, but there's a chance you can 1 cycle her until of 2 which reduces the time spent greatly.

claude likes this.
  10. nilnilx

nilnilx Member

My first win came after almost two hours of trying. The second 20 mins with two S/L, 3rd win with one S/L, 4th no S/L. It definitely gets better.

Units are exactly as Person Man's, and Tsukeyo's pincer damage list is absolutely helpful as a reference. And I have only one Holy Dragon Z, the rest four are SS.

My own lesson learned: get Mutoh close to 660k but NEVER TOO CLOSE. One might need to run extra turns for the last surviving minion to move into perfect setup for a triple pincer by slight pincer to keep levitation and CT+ in effect.

Update: The fifth try has lasted nearly 2 hours. Three times I didn't do enough damage in the final burst. But the rest? Never got to the 660k threshold in sync with the possibility of triple pincer. The minion kept pincering my units. I'm getting really really mad!

2nd lesson learned: I don't think I'll ever learn to effectively manipulate Mutoh's movement. Relying too much on luck. Considering ignoring her for now to finish new chapters and then farm her casually.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  11. Person Man

Medals:
    I think your RNG issue might be your buddies. There's a big difference between the SS and Z in terms of damage. You're looking at 1x three times on the photon side and 0.5x second on the double side. That's more than a penta level skill which is 20k or something on the burst term.

12. nilnilx

nilnilx Member

You're right. Just max leveled another Z. Surely work wonder whenever a triple pincer comes.

13. Ant.

Ant. Member

I have Gegonago, Schweiz, Peyrna, Sayu and Myne, but no Edg'low.

Is that possible to Mutoh?

14. jiang zhaohua

jiang zhaohua Member

In shortage of Photo dps, six Holy Dragon Z are mandatory.

It's possible if you have another Photon DPS, e.g Beau'ne, I have no Edg'low, and I used Beau'ne, the DPS is enough to finish Mutoh from 680K in final triple pincer, I even beat Mutho once with the PP is triggered from the 2nd pincer in the final triple pincer turn. (I only used five Holy Draong Z, kiss bottle is used for increase capture probability, and, I've farmed Mutoh to 100L.)

Meanwhile, here is a video that someone used Samatha ^ instead of Edg'low to finish Mutho.

https://play.lobi.co/video/b808e99e6040a3002b627ec7e6916999001f0d59

15. Person Man

Medals:
    There's a lot of smaller details about this video people should know before they try it. Peryna is job 1 for lower amounts healed. There is a secondary RNG factor since that team will most likely never be able to kill Mutoh on the burst. Those were some high damage rolls on Sayu's spells. Gego does not have levitate equip which means the turn 1 set up is very specific. If he had levitate equip he dies from the twisters.

16. jiang zhaohua

jiang zhaohua Member

I've found that someone had defeated Mutho HM using physical team from a forum in TaiWan:

the Team: Souh ^, S'naip ^, Bahl ^, Gat Z ^, Palpa ^, Shin'en ^

Otomo: four Grand Ragnarok, one Peyrna Sword (Gat Z ^), one CT+2 (Palpa ^, mover)

A triple pincer in last turn would finish Mutoh from about 670 K.

17. Wiitard

Wiitard Member

That is impressive, but having 5 of the new otomo is rather hard to come by, if only I could get one

18. jiang zhaohua

jiang zhaohua Member

the Peyrna sword is not necessary, and is just a little better than skullspillter in the triple pincer turn as the cap of agument ATK is 200%, it just has extra 15 ATK.

The Grank Ragnarok increased the physical damage a lot, an extra 3.5x phsyical damage in triple pincer would introduce about

60K for trinity, or 17.5K for others.

19. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

Would be nice to have 4 Grand Ragnaroks lying around..

20. Loner

Loner Active Member

Found someone using Ella in place of Edg'low/Beau'ne. Now I will have a chance if I get Sayu and Myne one day :hilarious:

Thatsmapizza and yeezus like this.