Estef's Terra Battle Story

Discussion in 'Rants & Accomplishments' started by Estef, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Estef

Estef Member

Hi all,

I started played TB 67 days ago with Samatha, Bahl & Kuscah. I'm a non-IAP player.
    I stopped recruiting new units through PoT a few weeks ago mainly because of too many duplicates.
    My current strategy is to level up my units (job/level/SB) & to farm coins on week-ends for PoF (already have 6 D-units with SB 100%).

I hope these characters once "full-power" will be able to defeat any challenge in the game. :D

Here are my updated character units (level & SB).

TB_visual follow up_2015-01-10.png

Now let's play ! :)

selenta and Pandemon like this.
  2. ijii

ijii Active Member

Good luck, I'm trying to do SB 100% for my PoT adventurers too. Although I'll skip the PoF clearing until I get a money bags character. I hope you plan on beating the story for a few more stamina and leveling your characters more for more skills to proc skill boost.

3. sendru

sendru Active Member

It looks very neat in displaying all characters, are you using android system?

Merlock likes this.
  4. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

Yeah, I am interested in this as well? Are you using a program to create the screen shot?

5. Estef

Estef Member

@ijii : my strategy is first aiming metal zones - king sessions to level-up my characters and if no session available farming 20-1 (for xp & those really hard to get animatons) / advancing in the game depending on the time I have... week-ends are dedicated to money/PoF... Just got Maralme today by the way... :D
    @sendru , @Kivanc : Glad you like it. I used photoshop to re-create the characters thumbnails from snapshots of the characters' profiles (on iPhone 4). I then used Illustrator to create the general design of my "visual follow-up" using the same colors/design codes than those in-game. So this document is "vectorial" meaning I can have it very neat (except thumbnails that are pixel-based) at any resolution. To update it I just have to open the illustrator document, to update the data and to export it as a *.png image (1280x720 in that case). If not clear enough, don't hesitate in asking more details... ;)

6. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

Wow, I see. It requires image editing skills higher than my potential (which is cropping :D). Too bad, I wish there was a program that did this automatically when you provided the details as textual input. Still looks awesome, congrats!

7. Matthieu

Matthieu Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Hello Estef,

I wanted to thank you for the fantastic idea you gave me for my tool : now, it is able to generate such pictures :

[​IMG]

It is far from finished but seeing your picture was a great inspiration

Thanks a lot !

selenta likes this.
  8. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

Wow, just wow! I need to start using your tool. Like immediately :D

Thanks for implementing this!

Of course special thanks to OP for coming up with the idea!

9. Estef

Estef Member

Well you're all welcome... I initially just wanted to share my experience but I'm glad to learn that I've done a little more for the community ! ;)
    @Matthieu : if you need "graphical" help to improve your tool don't hesitate and ask me en fran├žais par MP. :D

10. Estef

Estef Member

Hi all,

This week's update, taking evolution into account.

TB_visual follow up_day-1920-074.png

Good game ! :)

Matthieu likes this.
  11. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

Wow, does the tool now shows the diff wrt previous one and also overall progress? Or is that your manual doing?

Edit: just realized that it is probably your manual doing :) Nice job!

12. Matthieu

Medals:
    Adding progress numbers is really great.

13. Estef

Estef Member

Hi all,

This week's update. Character of the week : Kuscah who now is full-skill. :)

TB_visual follow up_day-1280-081.png

Good game ! ;)

14. Estef

Estef Member

Hi all,

This week's update.
    - Kuscah is now all-70, still missing a few SB% to be complete.
    - Samatha is full-skill.
    - Thanks to MZ4&5 in the arena many characters are now 60+.

Interesting fact : it looks like I'll complete B units from PoF before C ones...

TB_visual follow up_day-1280-088.png

Good game ! ;)

15. Estef

Estef Member

Hello all !
    I'm very glad to announce that I've got my first character full LVL/SB : Kuscah ! :)
    Many other characters are now full-skill : Gaiga, Djugan, Kana, R'zonand, S'naip, Ba'gunar and Bahl.
    I tested some squad configurations in quests, and it looks like my "spear team" Djugan / Samatha / Ma'curi / Suoh with A'merpact and Kuscah is the most efficient to beat any challenge. I'm only missing Palpa's Panacea to make sure I won't get petrified or so but within one week, this should be done.
    Here's the detail of this week's progress :

TB_visual follow up_1280_d095.png

Good game ! ;)

16. Estef

Estef Member

Hello all !

This week's update !
    All my PoT-only characters are now full skill. Bahl, Daiana, A'merpact & S'naip are 70*3.

I'm half-PoF and only pulled two characters until now : Jaguna and Maralme.

TB_visual follow up_1280_d102.png
    Good game ! ;)

17. Estef

Estef Member

Hello all,

Things are going on very well. Daiana is now complete, almost all my PoT-only characters are 70/70/70 and all PoF monsters are now unlocked as I completed chapter 28.
    Next week, I'll finish the 70's tour, maybe finish the quests (but no hurry for this) and start "negociating" with Samatha to catch the "non-PoF" monsters. I'll also dedicate some time grinding SB for my A/B units.

Here's this week's update :

TB_visual follow up_1280_d109.png

Good game ! ;)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  18. Estef

Estef Member

Hello all !

Great news ! All my PoT-only characters are now 70x3. Ready for the current events, Bahamut being the first ! :D
    I dropped the weapon on my second session and thanks to opening of metal zones 4 & 5, my Bahamut job 3 is now lvl 62. He will be ready for the Leviathan event next week !!! Very happy with that. :D
    SB is growing slowly, I don't have much time for that. I guess that when I finish PoF in about 6/7 weeks I'll pull a few new units from PoT again. ;)

TB_visual follow up_1280_d116.png

Good game ! ;)

19. Estef

Estef Member

Hello all,

As I expected, Bahamut is now 70x3. :) ... And thanks to him I could defeat his Leviathan friend and unlock the big fish's second & third jobs. Important thing that must be said : I didn't use the Grace or RSW method to defeat the big ultra dragons... Next step : Odin ! Just can't wait... :D

Finishing PoF is my main objective now, and I started Negociator sessions with Samatha on "monster drop rate-up" days... Works pretty fine, I think that combined with "coin creep" week-ends it should be done within 4 weeks. Oh and I still need to finish the quests, but I don't feel any hurry about that.

Here's this week's update :
    TB_visual follow up_1280_d123.png

Good game ! ;)

20. Matthieu

Medals:
    It's nice to see you beat Leviathan and Bahamut without using the easy way.

Good luck on finishing PoF (and you only need to complete chapter 28 to have access to all monsters).