EXP wings from an event quest... a bit of reflexion ! about UBing

Discussion in 'General' started by MistGamer, Nov 13, 2017.

1. MistGamer

MistGamer New Member

Hey guys,

got my 20 wings, all good all fine we happy yay ! ok cool. nice. done.

Now, I was thinking a bit about that.
    I feel bad about peeps (me included) that were UBing Mukumba or other guardians that are
    giving the same item, exp wings.
    Not saying that a 100SB Mukumba is not nice.
    But that helped me to put in place this theory.

Do not loose your time to grind UBing chars that gives item that are not exclusive to them.
    Because someday in the future they might be lootable.
    Instead you should grind unique weapons and gear.

I was about to start my Macrant to go for the gantlet, but.. nah.
    Chacha for dice ? hmmm.. no.

I will instead work on my Ivans.

This is just a feeling and might be totally wrong, but it might prevent further frustrations.

any though ?

2. lynx

lynx Active Member

I think utility items, especially those that are A and B guardians' U rewards, will eventually become farmable at some point.
    So, non-iap players or players who are unlucky with their pulls can make some progress with their teams.

3. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Isn't Macrant the only one who has Duel Wield gauntlets though? It might be worth it to grind him anyway rather than waiting for them to be farmable if they are immediately useful to you.

As for the exclusive weapons, I'm conflicted about this. Unless it's something absolutely unique that can't be substituted for something in the pacts then it may also not be worth the time to grind for them. You have to weigh the time spent pulling the same guardian 4x and then grinding them vs the chances of pulling substitute gear from the pact 4 times, which one seems likelier and is a better use of time? I guess this also depends on what you already have and what you don't.

4. MistGamer

MistGamer New Member

Yes you are absolutely right, Macrant gauntlets are exclusive. I need to reconsider.
    I just wanted to quickly throw exemples, but you get the idea.

In my case it is an easy choice as I do have 4+ Ivans, but for someone who has to deal with an harder choice,
    I would definitely give less priority with items that might become farmable with stamina in the future.

We can already see how ridiculous it is when for getting a fire attack+2%
    you have the choice between grinding a char union up to 50% or just getting it for only an insignificant extraordinary amount of 700 un coin..
    (why not making at least the UB reward attack+3% instead of 2 ? )(not a suggestion thread but)
    For this item there is absolutely no difference between 5min vs hours of grind, I think it is a good point to critic.

Nidhogg hard is not beatable by everyone, but I got the same slap in the face when I saw that S expwing otomo loot from it.
    Not that Im not happy with it.

I can see MW is trying to ease UBing, as not everybody are devoted to hours of grind.

Now, if Ivans weapons, or Jina's or who ever else that have gear reward are one day reachable in a pact,
    UBing would greatly lose its purpose, (but not completely, especially for f2p players).

We can just try to guess our best, on the next MW move regarding UBing, which is the current 'end game'

5. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

The commonplace and weak rewards may simply be a fillers, and I think for most of the lower rank units MW doesn't really expect anyone to grind them but they needed to put something there.

For people who already grinded them the Exp Wings being a drop definitely sucks, but I see it as a move to maintain interest and give people something to do while they ready new developments. The more wings you can farm, the faster you can level guardians, and the more guardians you finish leveling, the more you will want to pull for new guardians. MW knows they are not in a good place right now, so if they can do some small things here and there to keep people playing then they will do it even if it seems like a bit of overkill. I think we may see more or less of these kinds of rewards depending on how well the game is doing. Something like giving people extra experience won't break the game balance too much since there are other limiting factors keeping things in check, unlike if they made for example the Dual Wield gauntlets farmable.

6. MistGamer

MistGamer New Member

Yes, we want all the content accessible with the minimum of effort. sadly
    That was a great move for MW, pushing to consummation, while pleasing the vast majority of their player base.

Im fine with that, totally acceptable.

Feel a bit sad for some special UBrewards that became some more fillers, like you nicely said.
    So many suggestions could be done on those UBrewards anyway...

Just hoping to dodge UBing the next farmable UBreward ! if any

7. tobsy

tobsy Active Member

What's the Metal Zone exp yield like with 20 wings? Is there a cap? I have 8 so far... 12 more to go x.x

8. lynx

lynx Active Member

At least for now, I don't think there is a cap.
    Without EXP Wing, we would get around 80,000 to 82,000 exp from Metal Zone Hard.
    With 24 EXP Wings (including 4 wings from friendon), it'll be around 400,000 to 420,000 exp.

Here, I got 81,400 exp for each guardian with 24 EXP Wings.
    [​IMG]

tobsy likes this.
  9. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Crazy. If your mover and frendon was Roland RNA it would be even higher than 420,000.