EXTREMELY disappointed

Discussion in 'Rants & Accomplishments' started by Todd, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

As a long-time TB1 player, I had high expectations for TB2. These expectations have not been met.

I could look past the bugs and such. That doesn’t bother me so much. But the utter lack of content is totally baffling.

Does Sakaguchi think we just want to play the gacha because the guardians look pretty? What are we supposed to conquer in this game? There is nothing out there at all.

Raids would be more interesting if perhaps there were some reward worth grinding for. But there’s not.

The monster quests have been “okay” but they’re no that hard and can only get you so far. Honestly they’re the only thing keeping this game alive.

The chapters were starting to get a little interesting in synced play, at least, but this last one was a major setback for me, frustrating after we waited for so long. These new quests are nothing at all. They were cute for about 5 seconds. Not only do they completely lack any challenge, they also have no reward. So they’re just totally boring. The drop rates for the guardians are really bad so it’s just a dull, mindless grind if you want to try to get them. Does anyone here think you’d want your game to be a “dull mindless grind”?

We need chapters, we need challenges, we need quests that are actually hard. As the game stands now, I’m falling back to “log in only” for awhile and we will see if they can come up with any real content - ever.

LegendaryFrog, tobsy and Blacksun like this.
  2. Snooze

Snooze New Member

Pretty much the same feeling for me, i log in to get the reward and dump my energy in metal minions hard and..... close.

Blacksun likes this.
  3. Caliban

Caliban Active Member

So disappointing. TB2 just feels like a gacha scheme without a real game behind it, and the gacha is way worse than the TB1 gacha, since you can't remove cards from the pool. And let's not forget the biggest insult of all- unleashing. I'm also in the "log in to dump stamina into metal zone" camp. I've done some union boosting, but after it took me the over a month just to get one single character to 100% UB, I don't think I'll be doing it again. I mean, the concept is ridiculous. If I want a fully unleashed Ragnarok, first I have to pull Mu 4x, then UB each one to 100%?!?! Absurd, just absurd.

I think someone here had the idea of a "joker" type item for unleashing equipment, where it could be used to unleash anything. I can't even begin to consider seriously playing this game until something like that comes around. I dumped the last 60 energy I had into the current banners because I needed some staves, best I got was 3x celestial staff, but you need 4 to fully unleash it, so the stupid thing is stuck on "lateral 2" range instead of "3 rows" fully unleashed- and now if I don't buy some energy before the banner ends, it gets removed from the pacts forever, and I never have a chance to fully unleash it ever again? Forget this.

I really miss the excitement of getting a good pull in TB1 and all you needed to do was level it up, whether it was a character or a companion.

tobsy and Blacksun like this.
  4. Snooze

Snooze New Member

Agree with everything you said.
    TB1 is a great game with no game to compare with.
    TB2 feels like another Gacha game among thousands, just to milk the cow as much as possible. So sad cause the art and concept of this game could have been something huge.

5. swl

swl Member

TB1 don't need maintenance time for new content :troll:

nilnilx likes this.
  6. Ph B

Ph B Well-Known Member

Just like TB1, SB is the REAL game..except 5X more grind in TB2.

Mistwalker don't want those hardcore fanatics burning through their sequel too fast;)

Blacksun likes this.
  7. tieuzbao

tieuzbao Active Member

I agree. The contents and whatever else supposedly new with TB2 has offered have not "justified" my financial and playing time support...at this time. And I doubt I will invest any more in the near future. Just waiting for them to send TB1 to the slaughter house. I'd prefer a quick death of TB1 than them milking and dragging it out until everyone loses interest and leave TB1 completely..."we didn't quit TB1, the players did"...lol, okay sure...sure

Blacksun likes this.
  8. Joe

Joe Active Member

I was actually going to start a ranting thread myself today, but since I saw this I am just going to reply here.

I used to open these forums every morning excited about what's going on in the TB1 community. I used to look forward to new content, new characters, Tharos' data mining threads. Every new release granted an exciting day exploring what's new.

I was never a SB grinder, yet I still enjoyed the game tremendously and happily paid a considerable amount of money (not a whale-level money though) and didn't regret it. The TB1 gacha was designed with the FTP players in mind, it was very unlike other games that shove "offers" and "deals" in your face every day and basically are no good or fun if you are not willing to pay, it felt like a noble or ethical kind of gacha which I respected. It was simply the best mobile game I played.

The state of TB2 saddens me though. It feels like a money-thirsty gacha with no real content to even remotely justify it. At least those other money thirsty games that keeps showing you offers and forcing you to pay money (which I used to despise) get you places and give you enough rewards when you do pay money (beside beautiful art).

I hate to say it, but I am almost losing interest in the whole franchise (I still have a lot to finish in TB1 and was willing to pay more money for PoHs and such) but TB2 had turned me off towards the whole franchise that I nearly stopped playing TB1 as well now.

It's sad to see a once-a-great game and incredibly promising franchise be reduced to this. I hope someone from MW is reading this feedback and I hope they make some effort to tell the community that they received their frustrations and planning on doing something about it, before it's too late and they lose their most loyal players and fans.

I hope things change in the future, but for now, Farewell Terra Battle!

tobsy, tieuzbao, Blacksun and 4 others like this.
  9. Rydia

Rydia PinkPikaPony Staff Member

Medals:
    I totally understand your feelings and I wasnt sure about replying to this post but I had decided to do it at the end

I agree with you that TB1 was unique and TB2 is a more generic game

Same as you I disrespect mobile games that are more a business than a real game, which Terra Battle 1 isn't. Because of that TB1 became the only f2p game I ever spent money in, I did it because with it I NEVER felt I was being forced to pay, that was what made me want to show some support to the developers of the game and I totally don't regret it.

I'm going to keep playing TB1, the game that I truly love and respect, I'm also playing TB2 casually but I can say that at the moment I have no intention of putting any money on it, at least not with the current state of the game. If anything I would keep supporting TB1 in the future if I would have the chance, and hope, that future games stay more faithful to the original title.

As you said if the whole franchise turns out to be only another generic gacha game thirsty of money I would probably end quitting, but at the moment I still enjoy playing it and Im happy that the first title is still going on. Also remember that whenever we like it or not, they somehow need to make some money with the game to be able to maintain their business.

I personally know nothing about Silicon Studio but I respect Mistwalker and they already showed us in the past how even when doing some things wrong they always found the way to fix their mistakes and balance things out, if only for that I'm going to remain hopeful that things will get better in the future. So I'm giving them some time and see how things evolve.

10. Kaim

Kaim Active Member

I miss the need to learn bosses' patterns in order to beat them.

God, what a great game TB1.

11. Quartzel

Quartzel Active Member

I think presentation-wise, TB2 is kinda better on how they're presenting the lore and story.
    I hope Terra Wars pushes it further. (with less bugs and better optimization obviously)

One thing I hate in TB2 is how having Z characters right from start with incredibly easy content doesn't seem to make much sense balance-wise.
    The progression is so out of wack compared to TB1 launch.

12. Kaim

Kaim Active Member

“The systems and mechanics for Terra Wars are still under development and we are still figuring out the best way for these characters to interact. That being said I wanted to combine that very cute super deformed character element with “war.” This goes back to the title, as Terra Wars sums up what the game will be about. Despite the cute and warring elements, the story is going to be quite a serious science-fiction themed narrative."

I don't know what kind of narrative he will use (only text like TB1 or with scenes as TB2), but evidently the story is going to have an important weight in the game.

13. tobsy

tobsy Active Member

Yes to all of these. The blatant money-grab and aggressive Skinner Box manipulation infuriates me. It's psychological abuse. $30 for 10 pulls??? Are you INSANE Mistwalker!?? All the respect I had for the company has vanished. They deserve getting abandoned by their player base for pulling this crap.

EA is going through a shitstorm with Battlefront 2, lawmakers are trying to pass laws to ban manipulative microtransactions for minors in the US, I hope the industry goes through some real changes to protect people against the vile vultures that intentionally turn people into gambling addicts to exploit them. I'm disgusted.

Joe likes this.
  14. Kaim

Kaim Active Member

It's not very different from TB1, or am I wrong ...?

15. tobsy

tobsy Active Member

Very much different.. In TB1, I've never felt THIS exploited. ~$40 for 20 pulls, 1 real completable pool (companion pool is negligible cause you can farm really amazing ones through actual gameplay and also they aren't essential, they are just addons). Plus a ton of content to actually use your units in. Reliable ways to farm recode items, Luck, and even Energy. Intuitive UI.

In TB2, ~$80 for 30 pulls, 2 bottomless pools (guardians & equipment), both equally useless without the other thus diluting their worth, further diluted by the Unleash mechanic and Union rewards. This coupled with weekly bombardments of "new characters, new weapons" and "higher chance" gimmick to really itch those addiction instincts, while tremendously lacking in content. Mindbogglingly horrendous UI. I know the game is new, but their priorities have clearly shifted.

16. Caliban

Caliban Active Member

I hope everyone is voting with their wallets. I'm sure MW implemented all these new money-grabbing game mechanics because some analyst with a spreadsheet said it was the profit-maximizing strategy; rather than wait for the government to make this sort of thing illegal, we could make it less profitable by just not paying. I spent money on TB1 and I have no regrets; I'm not spending a cent on TB2 unless it changes dramatically. I'm only here because I loved TB1 so much and I'm holding on to the notion that MW is listening and will change TB2 for the better, but it seems less and less likely every day.

tobsy and freelame like this.
  17. Kaim

Kaim Active Member

I think MW is no longer directly involved in TB2, since Sakaguchi is now focused on TW and TB3. The improvements depend mainly on Silicon Studio, and that scares me a little...

18. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

I echo many of the sentiments on this thread. TB2 is pure gacha. Much of what made TB1 unique has been neglected in favor of maximizing the gacha elements. Every week we have an updated pact lineup, but no new chapter, arena boss or quest while we were promised weekly chapters at the very least. The amount of free energy is pitiful and the cost of paid energy is exorbitant. I don't know how much of that decision making is MW vs SS. I'd like to say it's SS, but I can't simply excuse MW because of my love for Sakaguchi. MW's rep is hurt while SS' is wrecked.

tobsy likes this.
  19. tobsy

tobsy Active Member

I alllmost bought energy for this 5 step guaranteed pull event. Even giving us the seed energy to pull a few for free. Ugh. Stop screwing with my brain, Silicon Studio. Your manipulation and greed won't be rewarded. :mad:

I won't spend a dime until they drastically lower energy cost and bring guaranteed SS+ pulls without this 5 steps BS.