[FAQ] [PC - AndApp Version] Terra Battle

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Silver Mitsuki, Apr 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    [​IMG]

FAQ Index

Post 1
    General
    • Why should I try the PC version of TB instead of sticking to the Mobile one, what's so special in it?
    • There are other differences from the Mobile App?
    • From where can I download the AndApp Client and the Terra Battle application?
    • Can I use on PC the same account I use on my smartphone/tablet?
    • Do I have to set up a new password every time I want to move from Mobile to PC?
    • I can't launch Terra Battle on my computer, WHY??!
    Redeemable Codes
    • How do I redeem a code on the PC version of Terra Battle?
    • What is this Sasuke's Sword you mentioned? How do I get it?
    • I can't find my code for the Sasuke's Sword, where is it!?
    Referral Codes
    • What is this amazing "Referral Codes" feature you mentioned?
    • I already redeemed my 10 Referrals when the feature was available on mobile, can I redeem the again?
    More In-Game Questions
    • I already claimed my 20 First Contact Bonuses on mobile, can I redeem them again?
    Miscellanea
    • How do I login with / create another account?
    • I own a Mac / Linux Distro, how can I play Terra Battle?
    • It appears I have less Energy on the PC version!!
    • I can't find the answer to my question, what do I do?

=========================
    Post 2
    Errors
    • I got a concerning error written in Japanese, what do I do?

General

Q: Why should I try the PC version of TB instead of sticking to the Mobile one, what's so special in it?
    A: There are 2 main reasons to try the PC version:
    • [Pre-registration only] The Sasuke's Sword Companion (through the Redeem code feature, not available anymore on the mobile version),
    • The big return of the Referral Codes, that allow each user to get up to 41 FREE Energy.

Q: There are other differences from the Mobile App?
    A: Updated on April '17, the minor differences include:
    • Impossibility of recording videos though a service like lobi.co,
    • Impossibility to use on mobile the Energy bought on PC and vice versa (free Energy carries over without any problem),
    • Possibility to switch from mobile to PC without setting up a new password every time,
    • Terra Battle runs smoothly.
    • Everything else, included the "S/L" feature (the ability to continue playing a stage previously started), Co-op, First Contacts and the Weekly Challenges work exactly as the same.
    Q: From where can I download the AndApp Client and the Terra Battle application?
    A: The download link is the following one: https://www.andapp.jp/apps/1?from=top_listing

From here:
    1. Click on the "Play Now" button, then on the "Download Now" one [Screenshot]
    2. The page you'll get redirected to will download a ~50MB big setup;
    3. Run the setup and Click on the Green button with the big write START on it. Wow, luckily for you I made a thread explaining how to install this;
    4. Another window should now pop up; click on Download and be prepared for ~120 MB of Terra Battle [Screenshot],
      • the first checkbox is for creating a shortcut on the desktop
      • the second checkbox is for starting TB immediately after the download
      • the third write is about the ToS
      • is possible to set a different folder from the default %AppData%
    5. ...that will launch immediately after;
    6. At every launch, the client will ask you the resolution you want to run it;
    7. Errors and such are listed on the second post.
    Q: Can I use on PC the same account I use on my smartphone/tablet?
    A: Yes, you can.
    As it happens on Mobile, when starting a new game on the AndApp version you'll get asked to start a new game, or to transfer your old one to the new device.

As you should know, the required password can be set from Options > Change Devices, which also shows your personal User ID and the current Transfer ID.

** Remember that once an account has been moved from a device to another, a new password has to be set. **

[PSA] Back up your Terra Battle account NOW

Q: Do I have to set up a new password every time I want to move from Mobile to PC?
    A: No, you don't.

You have to do it when moving from a mobile device to another (or from 2 different PCs), but once you logged in with your account on both your AndApp and a Mobile device, you can swap between them without setting up a new password every time.

Just remember to set up a new password for your account (and screenshot your details) right after you moved your account on the AndApp client (to be sure).

Of course, it isn't possible to use the same account on PC/Mobile at the same time, as the first one will be kicked out as soon as the second one logs in.

Q: I can't launch Terra Battle on my computer, WHY??!
    A: The reasons might be several, but the first cause of many compatibility issues is the antivirus used.

Try turning it off for few minutes or, better, add an exception to the file 'win.exe' located in '%AppData%\AndApp\Apps\1\Payload', example "C:\Users\Silve\AppData\Roaming\AndApp\Apps\1\Payload\win.exe".

As the process is different from antivirus to antivirus, I can't write here how to do it, just keep the eyes open for a "white list" or "exclusions" option.

If you keep having issues, and can't find the solution of your problem on this post (a list of all the possible errors is available on the next post), ask a question on the main thread on the General forum.

Redeemable Codes

Q: How do I redeem a code on the PC version of Terra Battle?

A: Move to Options, then scroll down to "Enter Gift Code", is that easy :D

Q: What is this Sasuke's Sword you mentioned? How do I get it?
    A: The Sasuke's Sword companion is a special and unique companion gifted to all the users who pre-registered for the AndApp version of Terra Battle between the August 2016 and the beginning of April 2017.

If you didn't pre-register by April 5, you missed your chance to get it (although there's still the chance that it will be added, one day, to the Trading Post as it happened with the Companion White Orbling ).

The companion can be obrained by redeeming the alphanumeric 16 digits long code that was sent to your e-mail/DM on Twitter by July 7, 2017.

Note that is not allowed to redeem more than one Sasuke's Sword code per account: the second one will return you a "The gift code entered is invalid" message.

Q: I can't find my code for the Sasuke's Sword, where is it!?
    A: Check on both your e-mail address(es) and your Twitter, if you can't find it:
    • Check on your Spam folder,
    • Wait a little longer while clicking on the "Refresh" button of your inbox frenetically (some users got their at several hours of distance from others),
    • Send an email to the MistWalker support ( EN | JP ) asking them to solve your problem, but be aware that the AndApp version of Terra Battle isn't officially supported outside Japan, so you'll most likely just get a standard "sincere apologize for the inconvenience" email.

Referral Codes

Q: What is this amazing "Referral Codes" feature you mentioned?

A: More information about the Referral Codes, and how to redeem up to 41 FREE Energy can be found on this thread.

Q: I already redeemed my 10 Referrals when the feature was available on mobile, can I redeem the again?
    A: Yes! Yes, you can redeem them again :D
    Note that this time you won't get 1 Energy per Referral, but 3 (both with occasional 5).
    Follow the rules listed on this thread to start working on those 41 ;)

More In-Game Questions

Q: I already claimed my 20 First Contact Bonuses on mobile, can I redeem them again?
    A: No, you can't. "FC" weren't touched in any way, and as the account is shared, so are your First Contact progresses. There are no differences between collecting your 20 on the PC or on the Mobile version of the game.

Q: Can I interrupt my game during a stage and continue it later on another device?
    A: No, you can't.
    When starting a new instance on the AndApp or on the Mobile client, the User gets eventually prompted to continue the stage s/he was playing (i.e. the "S/L" feature works correctly), but as this kind of data is stored on the local device, logging in from another one will kick off the user to the World Map, so be careful ;)

Miscellanea

Q: I'm a pathetic loser totally unable to enjoy a game if I don't reroll. How do I do it on the PC version?
    Q: How do I login with / create another account?
    A: First of all, if you're doing it to reroll know that some accounts have been made available for the community at this address, you want to give it a look before wasting your time.
    Second, is possible to unlink (not delete permanently) your account by moving to Options > User Info, then clicking the red "Init Data" button [ Screenshot 1 2 3 ].

Q: I own a Mac / Linux Distro, how can I play Terra Battle?
    A: As the AndApp client runs only on Windows, you have to find a different solution, like setting up a dual boot or a virtual machine. This guide doesn't cover these subjects.

Q: It appears I have less Energy on the PC version!!
    A: Terra Battle distinguishes between "Free" and "Purchased" Energy; all the Energy Purchased on the Mobile version of Terra Battle are available only on the Mobile version, and all the Energy Purchased on the AndApp version are available only on the PC one.

Assuming that a user got 5 Energy for logging in daily, 2 from successfully clearing a Weekly Challenge, 3 from a First Contact and 5 from redeeming a Referral Code (from the PC version), and bought 10 Energy from the Google Play Store:
    • Your Android / iOS version will display 5 + 2 + 3 + 5 + 10 = 25 Energy
    • Your PC version will display 5 + 2 + 3 + 5 = 15 Energy
    Your Energy isn't gone, just avoid to buy some from the AndApp version and some from the Mobile one :)

The amount of Free and Purchased Energy can be seen from Options > User Info.

Q: I can't find the answer to my question, what do I do?
    A: Ask your question on this thread on the General forum, the Community will help you ;)

Lucida, Zeroelcapo, Juicy and 5 others like this.
  2. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    Errors

Q: I got a concerning error written in Japanese, what do I do?
    A: Well, if is in Japanese then it must be really serious but no problem, I got you covered:

When an error occours, you should see a window like this one [Screenshot] (usually, 2 buttons are present: the first one is 閉じる (Close) and the second one, if present, ヘルプ (Help).

The following error messages are retrieved from the help page: CTRL+F for the title エラー/トラブル and check for the error you got; if the following solution don't solve your problem, then ask for help on the main thread on the General forum.

Note that the error printed from the AndApp client might be written in a slightly different manner from the following ones:

Something is wrong with your PC/Enviroment:

• The machine's CPU might not be powerful enough, or doesn't have enough RAM/disk space to run the AndApp Client correctly; close as many apps as possible and try again. Reboot your computer if necessarily;
    • Try switching from a wireless to a cabled network;
    • You fucked up something. The quickest way to solve it is by reinstalling the AndApp client, but if you aren't sure about doing it, ask for help on the thread you find on the General section first.

Note that firewalls and proxies can cause problems on both the client and its apps; unfortunately, as a fixed port number isn't used, I can't guide you on adding a simple exception, bypassing/turning them off i the quickest way to go.

- JP: ゲームが起動しない/クラッシュする
    - EN: The game cannot start / has crashed.

Look at the answer for the previous error first; if you still can't run TB, know that there might be several causes preventing an emulator like the AndApp Client to work properly, but the one that usually gets many users is the antivirus:

• Turn off your antivirus...
    • ...or, better, add an exception to Terra Battle: if you didn't change the installation folder, you'll find the file to add to your antivirus' WhiteList on '%AppData%\AndApp\Apps\1\Payload\win.exe' (the complete path is, for example, "C:\Users\Silve\AppData\Roaming\AndApp\Apps\1\Payload\win.exe").

- JP: AndApp クライアントのショートカットが作成されない
    - EN: Couldn't create AndApp Client shortcuts

Nothing of serious. Close some of the apps you have open and run the installer again.
    Alternatively, if you didn't change the installation folder, you create a new link to C:\Users\{YourUsername}\AppData\Local\AndApp\Update.exe --processStart AndApp.exe for the AndApp client, or to C:\Users\{YourUsername}\AppData\Local\AndApp\Update.exe --processStart AndApp.exe --process-start-args "--appId 1" for Terra Battle.

- JP: Windows7 で AndApp クライアントインストール時に「Windows にはデジタル署名されたドライバーが必要です」と表示される
    - EN: During the installation of the AndApp client on Windows 7, "Windows needs a digitally signed driver" is displayed

Uninstall AndApp from the Control Panel and install one of the following Security Updates:
    Then Reboot your PC and re-install the AndApp Client.

- JP: 「ご使用のコンピュータの時刻が正確でない可能性があります。」と表示されゲームが起動しない
    - EN: AndApp failed to start, Your computer's time might not be accurate. Please check the system's time settings.

This message is showed because your Computer uses wrong time settings: sync your System's clock with the server time.microsoft.com by following the methods described here or here.

==============================================

- JP: 指定されたゲームが起動中のため、アップデートが行えません。アップデー-トするゲームを終了してください。エラーコード:-20008
    - EN: Update cannot be performed because the specified game is running. Please, close the game that you're updating. Error Code: -20008

Self-explanatory. If needed, close the AndApp client, open the Windows' Task Manager (CTRL+ALT/SHIFT+DEL, or right click on the taskbar) and then Right Click > End Task on the "win" (or "Terra Battle") process with the icon of TB. The processes AndApp and AndAppHelper can be closed as well.

Lucida, Zeroelcapo, Vesuvius and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.