Farming Spots and Methods

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Neofalcon, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Neofalcon

Neofalcon Active Member

This guide is just to explain some of the various things you can farm in TB2, and how to go about them efficiently.

(Guide is a WIP, some sections missing or incomplete)

Stamina-Free Farms

Ch1 Synced Speedruns

Rewards: Un Coins, Rank-up progress

Every time you beat a chapter on synced mode, you gain Un Coins and progress towards raising your rank. Chapter 1 synced gives 1,000 Un Coins per completion, and can be speedrun in about a minute.

Simply un-magnet one of your party members, and drag them to each of the story triggers. Hitting a story trigger makes it your turn again, effectively letting you take multiple turns in a row.

Note that as of the most recent update, there's now a "danger" zone just before the end. This means that your character has to get hit by a lonely strike with a ton of enemies, including the boss. Be sure to equip your character with 4 +10hp companions from the Un store so they can survive the hits.

Ch 3 Synced Speedruns
    Rewards: Un Coins, Rank-up progress

Chapter 3 is also a great spot for doing synced speedruns. It gives 2k un coins per clear, and more rank than chapter 1, in almost the same amount of time as chapter 1, making it strictly better.

Ch 1 Synced Treasure Runs
    Rewards: Recode Mats, Mighty C, Zapper C, Un Coins

Every time you clear all of the treasure chests from a level, they respawn. Since these treasure chests can contain Recode mats, farming them is a necessity to recode your guardians. Ch 1 is quick and relatively efficient, using a single unit to go through the stage on their own, grabbing all the chests in a single run, and utilizng the story triggers to minimize lonely strikes and enemy phases.

Ch 3 Unsynced XP Runs
    Rewards: ~18k XP, Rank Progress, Misc. monster drops

Just above the final boss on chapter 3 is a monster house, full of metal orblings. By rushing this spot and then clearing it out all on one turn, you can get ~18k XP between this and the enemy phase fight, in about 2 minutes. Bring a friend Leviathan to make it fast and easy!

Co-op Raids
    Rewards: Co-op coins, Mighty C, Zapper C

Currently, despite listing a hosting cost of 10 stamina, hosting a stamina match actually costs 0 stam (most of the time). As a result of this, there are always groups forming for co-op, and you can chain farm it for quick rewards. For more details on farming co-op, see my co-op raid guide.

(guide is continued in my next post, since I can only add 5 videos per post)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    tobsy, Meteclectyk, ynuohc and 11 others like this.
  2. Neofalcon

Neofalcon Active Member

Synced Chapter 3 Treasure Chest/Speedrun
    Rewards: Un Coins, Recode Mats, Might C, Zapper C

For this, you combine a synced speedrun of chapter 3 with a treasure run, getting all the rewards of both in slightly more time. If you're focused on one particular reward, this method is less efficient than others, but if you want all the different rewards (which you probably do), this is one of the most efficient farms available.

Video: (coming soon)

King Orbling Farm:

Rewards: King Orbling Guardian, Misc. Drops

King Orbling is a farmable guardian in Chapter 2, and is a strong starting guardian, providing healing, decent trance damage, and magic attack buffs.

To farm him, simply load up chapter 2 in un-synced (bringing a negotiator character will guarantee the drop), and kill the 3 king orblings at the start of the chapter. Then, quit out of the chapter, and do it over again!

You can keeping doing this and merging the King Orblings together to quickly level up and SB your King Orbling, making him the fastest and easiest character for a new player to max out.

Skill Boosting - King Orbling
    Rewards: Skill Boosts, King Orbling Guardian, Misc. Drops

King Orbling is a great spot to skill boost, as you get several turns of double pincers before it even moves. Also, without any weapons equipped, your characters will probably kill KO in ~6 turns, which is a good number to get close to the SB battle cap without wasting too many turns going over.

Skill Boosting - King Orbling Hobble-lock

Rewards: Skill Boosts, King Orbling Guardian, Misc. Drops

If you have a character with the "Hobble" skill (which currently would either be Surge-L or Ji'row - Ji'row being better because he also has party frequency), you can use it to "Hobble-lock" the boss, preventing KO from ever taking a turn. This leads to hyper-efficient SB farming, where you can double pincer every single turn with all your units without actually having to spend any time moving.

This is for sure the most efficient SB farm the game will ever see, but it's possible KO will eventually be made immune to Hobble. Also once you have your Hobble guardian's SB maxed, continuing to Hobble-lock means choosing to take the hit to your overall SB rate for a lazier SB farm.

Skill Boosting - Unsynced Chapter 1

Rewards: Skill Boosts, Misc. Drops

For this, simply run chapter 1 unsynced, trying to get as many skill boosts per battle as possible. This method requires far more attention than the King Orbling method, and is probably less efficient, but some people may find it more fun and tolerable, especially if combined with a treasure run.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
    tobsy, Zeroelcapo, Estavali and 3 others like this.
  3. Neofalcon

Neofalcon Active Member

Stamina Farms

Leviathan Normal/Hard
    Rewards: Leviathan Guardian, Beret and Mythril Helm (A-rank helms)

Leviathan on normal is a fairly easy fight, and the boss itself can be one-shot by a decently geared Djagos from your friends list. The boss has a chance to drop A-rank helms, which are incredibly good starter gear. Since they are a drop, you can farm large numbers of them, and then unleash them, to get some really good fully unleashed max-level equipment.

Furthermore, killing leviathian has a chance to recruit Leviathan as a guardian - a guardian that is surprisingly strong. You can merge repeated Leviathans in order to raise his B and L stats - you're probably going to want at least 1 100L Leviathan. You can guarantee Leviathan will drop on Normal with a single activation of Pro Negotiator from Djagos-RNA, or 2 activations of negotiator (from a double pincer) from Djagos or Pengu.

This is my go-to recommended farm for new accounts. Spend all your stam here until you have 5 of each helm, fully leveled and unleashed.

Hard has a slightly higher drop rate of both Leviathan and, presumably, the helms. Since the drop of Levi on normal is guaranteed with negotiators, I would recommend sticking to normal, as Hard is quite difficult for new accounts.

Metal Zone Hard
    Rewards: XP, Equipment Resonance

Metal zone Hard gives TONS of experience for your guardians, as well as experience for your gear in the form of resonance. If you're still prepping for Leviathan, or already have everything you need from Leviathan, this is a great place to spend your stamina.

The easiest way to clear MZ Hard is to use Leviathans from your friends list. Make sure they're lvl 90+ (So they have the skill Maelstrom), that they have 100% B (So Maelstrom always activates), and that they have decent MATK (So that maelstrom can kill all enemies with 1-2 hits). Just set up 2 pincers with Levi in the chain, and sit back and watch all the enemies melt!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
    tobsy, Meteclectyk and Estavali like this.
  4. Neofalcon

Neofalcon Active Member

(Reserved for even MORE future farms)

5. Neofalcon

Neofalcon Active Member

(Srsly, there's a 5 video per-post limit, and I have no idea how many of these I'm gonna need. So, yknow, reserved)

6. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

I deleted my post, you got your own vid and I didn’t want to interfere with your mojo

Love this thread btw

Umowoïs and Silver Mitsuki like this.
  7. StrongerTB2

StrongerTB2 New Member

Thank you for doing this!

8. Christian

Christian Active Member

Any info for luck chest in Levi? My best drop only levi and 500 coin

9. Jasewes

Jasewes Member

A suggestion on exp farming, if you can get a friend with Roland RNA at lv 60+, he may give you 10% (or 15% at lv 90+) boost, just bring your own maxed levi (and waste 5% of the exp), that will net you a 4.5% gain in metalzone hard, plus, he is a good mover (ct), which will help you to get the battle 3 pp.

10. Z0ne

Z0ne Member

I am too lazy to post,
    Since we have a guide here already, I do not want to create a new one, so here is my usual exp farming in EXP in CHP 3.
    Average 20K - 22K for Monster House and 3.5K-4K force fight right after. It takes 15 more secs to set up.

Drag team till monster house show up.
    Drag tanky one into pic1 position, then let it alone strike.
    Drag the rest into the fight. / or drag the one you want to level into the fight.
    Since the monster number increase, so you can easily reach 22K.

My average now is 25.8K + 7.8K every two mins. which is great for level.

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    Umowoïs, TrueShadow and EASY26 like this.
  11. ducnh85

ducnh85 Active Member

You can turn off magnet and.move frendon to that. Júst move like we usually doin tb!.

Anyone know that when i farm material in chap 1, there is one in the mountain. I just cant take it. After 3 4 times ,,- 0.5 sec, my turn end. How to solve it?

12. lynx

lynx Well-Known Member

You can get to the item from the right side.

13. ducnh85

ducnh85 Active Member

Thx. Just did it.

14. Neofalcon

Neofalcon Active Member

Updated the guide to add some information on where to go to farm SB!

Meteclectyk likes this.
  15. Xeley_B

Xeley_B New Member

For SBing, someone on reddit mentionned using the Generators in ch4. You bring a hobble unit to lock the boss and kill the enemy that spawns every turn.
    When you reach the SB cap you let the Generator flee and start over.
    It's an even dumber method than king orbling since if you have no AOE you'll never have to kill the boss, and you can repeat indefinitely.
    Haven't compared the speed of the process yet, don't know if not killing the boss compensates for being a single pincer each turn instead of a double.

Anyway here are the links on reddit:
    user: u/KrogTheFrog45
    in the thread: r/TerraBattle/comments/746hxb/elgas_50_union_reward/

Balthier14 likes this.
  16. Zeroelcapo

Zeroelcapo Well-Known Member

Amazing guides thanks!!! :shame:

17. lynx

lynx Well-Known Member

This is something that I have been doing to avoid getting hit by Lonely Strike at the danger zone in Chapter 1.

Instead of going directly to the tree, if you move your unit to the most upper-left corner outside map border, enemies will skip their turn, and you can avoid seeing a boring lonely strike animation.

tobsy likes this.
  18. Zeroelcapo

THIS is so good, thanks!!! :D

19. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

Here’s another method for SB that may be the best method of all (currently)

A few people are putting up Ji’row DNA friends without weapons equipped. You definitely want to snag one!

Take him to Ch 3 (or 4) unsynced with a SB team (no/low weapons but hopefully strong enough to kill the small minions).

Use his hobble skill to hobble-lock a monster generator. Then just camp out until you get the desired amount of SB each battle, let the generator escape, and repeat forever.

Ji’row DNA also gives party frequency +50% so that really helps everyone to activate their skills and accelerates to SB process.

What I recommend is focusing on 1 guardian (in this case Xena) and allowing that guardian to get 2 SB activations before ending the fight.

You can keep this group questing in ch 3/4 indefinitely as long as you don’t want to do something else in the world. You can still run quests/spend stamina at will with other parties, then come back to this one.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    tobsy, Mr45, Estavali and 1 other person like this.
  20. Zeroelcapo

btw it looks like they nerfed this runs... now the Boss is right on the "warp portal" to finish the chapter so you have to defeat him first... making the SYNCED runs WAAAAAY slower... T_T