Farming Spots and Methods

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Neofalcon, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

A lot will need updating in this thread due to ch3 change mentioned above, and nerfs to maelstrom and hobble

2. tieuzbao

tieuzbao Active Member

That was quick!

T_T

Zeroelcapo likes this.
  3. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

I just learned of this the hard way doing some runs to gather recode mats and some nice Un coin. The boss even moved off the end portal to lonely strike me but jumped right back to sit on the portal lmao.

What's next, are they going to get rid of the story pauses in chapter 3 to slow us down even more?

Zeroelcapo likes this.
  4. tobsy

tobsy Active Member

What's a good farming method for Monstrous Souls? Are synced play treasures randomly generated?

5. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Farm Leviathan or Zmey. You can get them from Recode quest too but it's not as reliable.

Yes synced play treasures are randomly generated. There's a set list of items you can get but how many of each and where is mostly random.

tobsy likes this.
  6. Terra-Em

Terra-Em Well-Known Member

To have units that are armored up can you give me an idea of how many shields and defense it needs for speed runs? Also we don't need to beat boss for sync runs?

7. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

This is how I do speed runs of chapter 3 for recode materials:

Pick a frendon with high Pdef(whatever is the highest in the bunch will be fine, something like ~70) and a normal amount of HP(around 2000 I guess?), everything else does not matter. Then right at the beginning demagnetize and just use the frendon to do the run. Use strategic story stops and the isolated holes in the walls to avoid lonely attacks or being attacked by huge mobs. Even if you do get attacked it's not going to kill you unless you constantly get attacked by huge mobs.

At the end near the boss the "monster house" will pop up when you try to take the treasure, this resumes your turn without being attacked by the boss or anything, so just take the treasure and run into the hole in the wall right under it, wait to be attacked and simply quit the quest.

If you're farming rank or coins then yes you will need to beat the boss in this chapter and then whatever mob attacks you after the fight to reach the end portal. Either do a treasure run or coin run(drag your entire party), don't try to do both at once because it will just take you longer than doing them separately unless you're so good at navigating that you can do a treasure run with all the party members in tow, because after each story stop the number of mobs on the field only increase and you'll have to fight them if you can't skip them.

Terra-Em likes this.
  8. Rydia

Rydia PinkPikaPony Staff Member

Medals:
    New spot to SB in chapter 6

Allows double pincer and doesnt really require to clear many mobs.

Video was recorded before clearing mobs. After all are killed is totally brainless.

I love it

9. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    I can't believe I can't find a Chapter 2 video here (probably I'm just going blind)
    Anyway, I recorded one, just for the books:

Notes:
    - Don't mind the bad moves;
    - No need to try to increase the volume of your device, the video has no sound;
    - Use equips (shield and heavy armor/helm) that give a good physical defense (not needed but suggested);
    - When starting, tap on the "Magnet" icon on top right of the screen to move only one character: this way, when you'll approach the final area the monsters will do a "Lonely Strike" instead of starting a battle, making the whole thing way faster;
    - Items are randomly picked from a defined set: usually, Un-cores and Un-matters can be found at the end of the stage, with multiple Nucleotide, Re-Act Boots, Mighty (Class C), Zappers (Class C), and Un Coins here and there.;
    - I got dozen of Nucleotide here without even realizing it, with in average 2-3 per run (sometimes I get 5-6);
    - If you're aiming to raise your Rank, or farming Un Coins, is possible to cut the first part passing through the mountains below the point where I found my first Nucleotide (at 0:30), keeping the left to avoid to make the King Orbling spawn;
    - If the camera got stucked (as I think it happened to me near the King Orbling) "shaking" your character, usually near the borders, make ot working again for me;
    - In case of doubt if is going to rain or not always bring an umbrella, especially if you're doing a long trip.

mudamuda likes this.
  10. Zeroelcapo

Zeroelcapo Well-Known Member

you are such a sweety :joyful:

Silver Mitsuki likes this.