Freq.+20% and Lucia IV glitches

Discussion in 'Bugs, Hackers & Feature Requests' started by mudamuda, Jan 9, 2019.

1. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Unless I've misunderstood how Freq.+20% is supposed to work, it seems to be glitched on Zafitte^.

I've been running Melting Pot: human 3 to SB and I brought Zafitte^ along so she can boost the other units. I have her at 71SB, the skill has a 30% activation so that means it should be activating 100% every time. So when the freq.+20% activates, that puts Zafitte at 90SB and every single one of her skills should be activating including her 20% skill right? Except sometimes it fails. I'm playing at 3x speed but I'm pretty sure the mobs haven't simply evaded her row skill. Strangely enough this glitch hasn't happened when I used Zafitte to kill mobs in metal zones though.

The other glitch that sometimes happens is on stage 2 of Lucia IV when I used Schweiz to move all units to pincer the mob chain vertically. Sometimes the moved unit disappears into the mob, sometimes the game doesn't recognize that a unit(I suspect the one at the top) is there and the pincer never happens.

Pretty sure MW doesn't care anymore even if I submit a ticket about it, but I thought I'd post about these anyway.

2. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    I'm not sure about the first case, maybe a "similar" event like the second one you listed happens (did you notice if multiple monsters didn't take the hit or if only few were affected by this "glitch"?). It would be way easier to address if MW wouldn't had to remove the recording feature, and I certainly don't feel to ask you to record all of your runs with a different software, just keep an eye and make us know if this happens again :)

The second one, where a monster cannot be pincered as it isn't recognized properly from the game is something that used to happen to me as well in multiple stages (story and events) and isn't related to the "Lucia the Explorer" levels. Save/Loading (force closing Terra Battle, booting it again and resuming your game) fixes it. Of course there are some downsides (like losing the progresses made on that floor, and if done on the Lucia IV stage the Lucky Orbling will stop spawning for the current battle) but at least you'll be able to clear the level.

I think that this last glitch happens more frequently on older devices, as I got it way more often on an "old" device (talking about 2-3 times, vs the 1 time on my "newer" one), but maybe it was just random. Is still something you shouldn't worry about too much, the chances to run into it are really low (I got it 3-4 times in 3-4 years worth of stamina), just know that it can be solved without giving up ;)

3. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

It's still happening from time to time and I suspect will keep happening until Zafitte's SB is at 80. It's not that the monsters don't take the hit, it's that the skill doesn't activate at all since it doesn't display when that happens. Since she has two skills that are 20% activation I've since seen it happen with the column skill as well so I'm thinking the glitch is that the game doesn't recognize she has the Freq.+20% on herself on the casting turn.

For me that pincering glitch has only happened in Lucia IV on a specific stage, but yes I am playing on an older phone. I'm not 100% but it tends to trigger sometimes if my mover(no stealth) accidentally passes through a monster. If I run the stage over the course of a day(maybe around 12 runs) it happens at least once so that's frequent enough, but luckily is not worth S/L'ing over.

4. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    It might also be possible that we both remember wrong and that Freq Up influences only the frequency for the skills of your other chained units during the turn it procs (i.e. not the freq of the caster).

If possible, try (eventually on a Forest run, if you don't want to waste stamina) using a different unit to lead the pincer, someone with Freq Up skill or holding a companion with that skill (with chain effect oc) and see if things change.

5. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

I'm just basing this on how other chained skills that activate in chain work but, I don't see any reason why the freq+ skill should exclude the caster on the proc turn. I never have her leading any pincers either if that matters.

I don't have any other units with this skill that aren't already at max SB or the musical note otomo to test with so the best I can do is take Zafitte into the forest and see if this replicates. I don't know if I'll bother to do it soon though because even when it happens it doesn't really affect me that much lol I can say though, that I recently used her in metal zone runs for her AoE and have not experienced this glitch even once or else I would have been annoyed that the glitch made me s/l.

6. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    what I mean is to use, let's say, Yulia with Freq Up to lead a pincer, chain Zafitte and see if Zaf procs her skills all the time. If yes, then this means that the unit triggers their skills the moment they are "chained" (and their skills are showed), then the Freq buff applies to the remaining units on the chain, affecting the proc rate of the skills of everybody else.

For the caster, the Freq Up bonus will be active during the following turn.

7. 64bit

64bit Member

I believe the Frequency skill issue may have to do with skill order. Zafitte Λ's Heigh-Ho attacks are listed before the Frequency +20% in her skill slot, so when the game calculates skill rates on the first activation, Frequency +20% might not be applied to the skills above it.

This is just an assumption on my part. I thought I might have read this somewhere before, but I cannot find a source.

Edit: There is a thread for Frequency and chaining order (https://terrabattleforum.com/thread...culated-for-skill-proc-at-the-same-turn.8767/), but nothing on skill order.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  8. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

This sounds very plausible, but then if this is what is going on here then it's a bit puzzling because in my experience proc order does not matter for buffs(isn't this what the damage calculation page on the wiki says as well?). E.g when I pincer with Gugba at 87SB and have Zafitte chained to boost his freq. for tremor it never once failed on my multiple 20-1 runs. If it doesn't matter for other units coming before her, I don't get why it should matter for Zafitte herself unless it's an oversight in the coding.

In that case Silver, doing your test with another freq+ unit leading pincer to buff Zafitte can't prove whether or not she receives delayed freq buff as the caster. Although I'm sure that's not the case because freq+ cast on herself on the first turn does indeed run out at the end the second turn and is not active by the start of the third. I don't have another unit at the right SB with the skill or I could try to test 64bit's assumption, but either way I don't think this happening would be intentional.

9. 64bit

64bit Member

Ignore my assumption, I was wrong.

I was able to run Silver's test with Yulia's Frequency +20% leading the pincer and a 60 SB Zafitte Λ (no Frequency skill). The result was the same as muda's - sometimes Zafitte's Heigh-Ho and the Venom in her skill slot would not go off.

Chain order does matter for frequency skills. For example, the pincer leader will not receive Frequency boosts from chained units.

Silver Mitsuki likes this.
  10. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

That means Zafitte herself is bugged? Or is the freq. skill not working as it should?
    This is not the case for me in my Gugba example above where he is the pincer lead and always procs tremor because of Zafitte's buff. In the thread you posted the video basically demonstrates stacking buffs but nothing is mentioned about whether a unit's order in the chain affects the application of the boost.

Edit: After testing a double pincer in which Zafitte's freq.+ procs twice, Gugba's info indicates that he has a 40% freq. boost at the start of the second turn as well, confirming that pincer lead does receive the boost from chained units.

11. 64bit

64bit Member

It's not just Zafitte. I tested a few other characters paired with different Freq. boosters (Yulia, Invincible, Pahrl, Reaver) and they all had the same problem. I also have a 45 SB Nazuna with Frequency +20% and her two Beak attacks (40% and 50%) that displayed the same problem as Zafitte - the Beak attacks would not always activate at the same time as Frequency.

12. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Then this is a glitch with the freq. skill on the caster after all? Since all buffs are supposed to be active at the time of pincer regardless of proc order, of either the unit or the skills. Or maybe it is like your initial assumption that freq.boost in the lower slots somehow aren't affecting the main skills.

13. 64bit

64bit Member

My assumption was wrong - that was proven when I used Yulia as the Freq. booster, and also when my Zafitte Λ had Freq. above Venom in the skill slots and Venom didn't activate.

We've pretty much confirmed that there is an issue with Frequency on the caster.
    Note that the Frequency on the caster issue happens regardless of position in chain.

After much testing, the second issue that I've found is that a Frequency caster will not boost the second unit in a chain on activation.
    1 2 3 4 5
    x
    O

Pincer between 1 and O, with units 2 through 5 in chain with 1.
    If Yulia is on 1 and Zafitte on 2, the same issue occurs. But if Zafitte is on 3, 4 or 5, her skills seem to always activate as intended. Yulia can also be on any position before Zafitte in the chain and Zafitte's skills would still activate.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  14. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

I see. While the first issue with the caster is annoying, the second issue is a bigger problem if you relied on the boost in a boss fight.

You said that "Yulia can also be on any position before Zafitte in the chain and still work normally" but that "the Frequency on the caster issue happens regardless of position in chain", can you clarify? If Yulia is the caster in your example then aren't those contradictory statements since Yulia should have the caster issue(so not working normally)?

Sorry for asking so many questions, I'm still a bit fuzzy with the explanations, but I really appreciate Silver and 64bit taking the time to ponder and do testing. Thanks guys.

15. 64bit

64bit Member

Sorry, for the confusing wording. I've reorganized my post to make more sense. In my example Yulia was meant to be a 100 SB char for providing Frequency +20% to the rest of the chain, and Zafitte as the target needing the boost.

16. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Upon rereading the post it's much clearer to me now, thanks.

Since then I've also carefully observed proc rates of a certain skill when SB'ing and the lower than normal rates are definitely consistent with freq. boost not happening for the second unit. This is one more thing to think about in boss fights now if I'm too lazy to SB all the way(sigh).