Game crashing upon startup...

Discussion in 'Bugs, Hackers & Feature Requests' started by Dawras, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Dawras

Dawras Active Member

Medals:
    Hey guys, I need some help.
    My phone is broken since last friday (something related to a hardware failure).
    Now I'm using my old rooted Galaxy S3 smartphone with 4.3 android installed (used it to play TB in the past).
    The problem is I can't have the game started. It doesn't work! It crashes on Palpa's screen with the following message "Terra Battle has stopped"...
    I'm using the "lib" files from Taro's post inside "app-lib" folder (don't know why but I had to create "mistwalkercorp.guardian-1" folder inside it). But it still doesn't work...
    I don't know where to put the "patch file" I found in the link either.
    Meanwhile Battle Champs event is running...
    What a bad luck!

2. Tharos

Tharos The Source Explorer

Medals:
    Did you install 4.3.2 ?
    I know a lot of issues have been resolved by installing the most recent version when they forced the update. I don't know why, but instead of showing a message asking to update, the game either crash or stay in loading phase.

Dawras likes this.
  3. Dawras

Dawras Active Member

Medals:
    Once again, thanks for your concern Tharos.
    Yes. I'm trying to use the latest version (4.3.2) but the game is still crashing.
    It begins just after the installation, when I have to accept the "Terms of Service", and then, everytime at Palpa's screen, just before the "press to start" message.

4. Tharos

Medals:
    I have uploaded all the files in my 4.3.2 directory. I don't know where you should put them in this version (I have android 6, and I know the directory changed), but maybe you can find the location on your device, and hope it works

5. Dawras

Dawras Active Member

Medals:
    I was able to find the folder to the "lib" files but I'm not sure where to put the "patch" file (.dat).
    Where is this location in your version?

6. Tharos

Medals:
    forget about the .dat file, it's an old one (I removed it), it's downloaded by the game
    (but if you want the location, it's the same as other game files, such as resumedata.bin or savedata.bin)

7. Dawras

Dawras Active Member

Medals:
    Ok.
    I'll try again! (worried about my consecutive login bonus and, of course, with the Battle Champs event...).
    Thanks for your help.

8. Dawras

Dawras Active Member

Medals:
    Problem solved!
    The lack of RAM memory was the cause.
    Seems Galaxy S3's 1GB was not enough to install the game.
    Just downloaded an app from store that expanded it using my SD card's free space (really amazed about this...).
    Game installed and running like a charm (no RAM expander app being used anymore).
    Thanks for your help Tharos!

Tharos likes this.