Game won't work :(

Discussion in 'Chinese' started by Oki, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Oki

Oki Active Member

I am in China on family matters for a week.
    Terra battle just won't connect no matter what. I am going to miss the first 8-bit kino trading :(
    Does anyone know why Terra battle don't work in mainland China? It works just fine when I was in Hongkong for an hour due to a connection flight.

2. FishInTheDark

FishInTheDark Forum Event Manager Staff Member

I think they have a firewall that prevents certain types of traffic.You should try using VPNs.

3. Ant.

Ant. Member

Its because Chinese Communist Party (CCP) use the Great Firewall to block the gateway from access to overseas server.
    Unless you have overseas VPNs to connect, all gaming websites without CCP approved will be blocked by them.

4. Oki

Oki Active Member

This is horrible, I cannot even use Google to search for anything here. I cannot get to my gmail as well. I need to find a internet cafe here and try to check my email. I feel so cut off from the world I am used to.

The only way I can get on Terra battle forum is to type in the URL.

Well, just few more days and I get to return home. Good thing is, I am not glued to my phone 10 hours a day no more. And China is so much more cleaner then I remembered from 8 years ago.

5. cjs3027

cjs3027 New Member

Not all of them apparently. Terra Battle is the only mobile phone game I know that needs a vpn connection, other games that I download from Japanese Store or German Store don't have that problem, I think this has something to do with Sakaguchi.

If you want to receive your Email or want to play this game, try to download app that provides VPN connection (I believe the words to search for is "VPN"), there are several of them that provide free connection but there is a limit of speed I think.

6. Oki

Oki Active Member

I cannot even get to the Google App Store. I cannot do Google Search as well. My phone is so block off here. If I only knew this beforehand. It is a too late now. Just a few more days and I get to go home.

7. cjs3027

cjs3027 New Member

Oh you foreigners, don't you know any other search engine aside of Google? :p
    Try Bing.com
    http://global.bing.com
    and Search for "Android VPN apk"

8. Oki

Oki Active Member

I cannot get to google play or any App Store to download any vpn :(

9. Oki

Oki Active Member

10. cjs3027

cjs3027 New Member

I have created an account for you, you can check the conversation for details.

11. jiang zhaohua

jiang zhaohua Member

for VPN, the lantern free version is good, it has both desktop version and android version. get it from https://getlantern.org/

12. Oki

Oki Active Member

Thank you all for the great help. I am back in the USA now. Thank God. Now I know if I ever go to China again.

Ant. likes this.
  13. chomiak

chomiak Active Member

Idk, preparing a vpn connection or finding a free vpn service before going to china is a common sense considering their censorship

14. megawiliam

megawiliam New Member

Beyond all doubt VPN is a great tool for accessing the net freely and securely from any part of the world. But no one can promise you that your VPN will work forever. What is more, Chinese Gov periodically modifies its Firewall making it stronger and more sensitive to different VPN services. So, I recommend you to choose another service before visiting China (on bestvpnrating you can find a proper one). What is more, try to contact your embassy in China. I’ve heard some of them have “free” internet connection.

15. Ant.

Ant. Member

There will be a stricter control on their local VPN service provider which implementing next year. All VPN providers will be scrutinised and put on the watch list prior to running their business.