Garuda

Discussion in 'Levels & Bosses' started by secangel, Mar 1, 2018.

1. secangel

secangel Active Member

I do not see other discussions about the new stage in another world yet thus allow me to create one.

Garuda fight is more challenging than I expected, harder than Sun King:

- Scorch status seems to deduct almost 80% of HP in one swap
    - Even mobs are difficult to kill in one pincer
    - Powered points seems to gather very slowly
    - Do not know what would trigger that white mob Baethos' "!!" skill; looks like magic counter
    - Managed to take Garuda to below 20% HP yet she summoned lots of Baethos and my team was doomed

I used a team with 4 Lunar characters but the fight seems formidable. Feno^ seems to be a must for her Scorch Ward and Counter Cross All (mobs like to pincer).

Anyone succeeds and can shed some light?

2. Rydia

Rydia PinkPikaPony Staff Member

Medals:
    The Baethos counter if you pincer the boss so only pincer the boss when there arent mobs around.

Bring her down in HP but when you are close to the summon threeshold use the taps + PP to bring her to 1 HP, she will summon a lot of mobs then and will fly away.

Just survive 1 turn until she comes back and kill her

secangel and freelame like this.
  3. secangel

secangel Active Member

This is so important! Thanks Rydia and let me try again!

Rydia likes this.
  4. Rydia

Rydia PinkPikaPony Staff Member

Medals:
    Im being a little slow bc i dont like to just burn out through new content first day xD So im just enjoying it xD

The bosses can also be cooped (which is usually harder than solo) which adds an extra layer of fun to the whole thing xDDDDDDDDDDDDD

5. DEaK67

DEaK67 Member

i dont know about calling it/her/him harder then sun king, Ive only done about 5 runs just taking my SK team Olbert^, Dahlia, Feno(j2) ,Ellvern^ (gego^ is better but im sbing elv atm) Amina^ , and Tonic Gall, moon Z on 5 SBow on Feno. With the right moves 3-4 turns in you should have enough resistance to just tank everything.

Just take ur time at the start and focus on the mobs 1st. When she summons all the mobs just try getting most of em in the 1st turn

6. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

I like this boss, actually. No bullshit all-character OHKO attacks from what I see.

Garuda repeats the attack pattern Lock-on + Scorch (Remote) , then Solar Flare Attack on targetted tiles. Every two Solar Falre Attacks, she removes Sun resistance and summons two Baethoses. The Solar Flare Attack might kill Piz'fer, Leviathan, or A'merpact (although there's a chance they may survive as well), but most non-Ice units can survive it.

On around 50% HP she will announce "solar energy something", and summons a bunch if minions. GET AWAY, because next turn she will cast Solar Flare Attack, 3 Column, which WILL kill anybody. Afterwards she resumes her attack pattern.

On around 20% HP, she will fly off the stage, and summons a bunch of Baethoses. On the next turn she will crash down, damaging all allies for around 50% HP. You should kill as much mobs as possible so they won't kill you by ganging up.

At around 15% HP, she starts glowing and gets crazy. Her Solar Flare Attack will now oneshot anybody stuck in it, and every attack she will summon 2 Baethos and 2 Netthoge. I didn't bring tappers so she killed me here :/

Garuda has two mobs. One is relatively weak, but does annoying Breath Attacks. The other one, Baethos, is a bit more durable and attacks with Solar Flare, Vertical (2). Neither are particularly dangerous, but they can kill you if they gang up on someone. Baethos also has a special attack, Detonate, Area(2) which gets triggered when you pincer Garuda.

So, yeah, the strategy here is to focus on killing mobs whenever she summons some while avoiding the targetted tiles. Only attack Garuda if there are no mobs. Power Points charge really slowly, so avoid using them until near the end. Strategic timing seems to be during Garuda summoning tons of Baethos, and when she comes back down to kill her with taps.

For the record, the team I used was:
    Piz'fer^ - Moon King Z
    A'merpact^ - Moon King level 1
    Leviathan^ - Moon King level 1
    Feno (with 2% SB) - Mog
    Amina^ - Eternity Hourglass
    Nakupi^ - Musical Chord (to support the ice mages so they're more durable, and to boost Feno's skill activation)

I think Nakupi is unnecessary. I'll try replacing him with Peyrna and try again tomorrow.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    Terra-Em, secangel and Rydia like this.
  7. EricTheMostRed

EricTheMostRed Active Member

Thanks for the good summary. It is true that power points charge really slowly (not just for Garuda, but for ALL 5 of these bosses). The only thing I would add is that you should focus the mobs first, and double/triple pincer Garuda when you can after you've handled the mobs (especially the white ones that will detonate on area(2) if you pincer Garuda). As soon as you get your first power point, do a double pincer with 6 taps, and you should get the boss down to 1 HP. It will fly away for one turn and summon a bunch of mobs. Do some pincers and survive, then any damage to Garuda will kill it on the next turn.

In fact the general strategy for the first 4 bosses is remarkably similar (though they all have their unique challenges): Avoid attacks, kill mobs, pincer to build up power points, then 6 taps + PP for the win as soon as you have a PP built up (takes like 10 turns on average...).

8. freelame

freelame Active Member

9. phoenix_stealer

phoenix_stealer Member

hi,

someone know the resistances against elements garuda has ?
    It seems that non ice/moon damage do 10% dmg, Ice is... 100% maybe, 50% ? and i don't have any moon companion/characters :D

is it easier for me to get moon companion (i neither have any sun companion/characters :( ) before to try it ?

What path did you advice to me ? Moon King, sun king, and then garuda ? Moon king, garuda, or should i try garuda, moon king (with companion from garuda), sun king ?

I got some decent characters, but no Moon/sun, no magic tap, and 1 magic defense down tap.

Ty

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  10. Palmnuke

Palmnuke New Member

Just tried a full ice team, it indeed seems ice only does 50%, therefore my team couldn't kill adds fast enough, which means no time to damage the boss either, would definitely recommend going with moon companions (even that I suspect it will still be a long fight due to no moon character nor magic tappers).

Moon King can be done with a physical team with 2 taps (Catz, Palpa), I would say get 5 to 6 moon companions from Moon King before trying this.

Garuda drops sun companions so you can get some if you can kill her.

Don't attempt Sun King without a decent moon character team nor magic tappers.

11. kramerica222

kramerica222 Member

I only did a couple of attempts, but with 1 moon unit and 3 ice the adds are a bit tough to keep under control; you really need to focus them. Would highly recommend a Moon King Z otomo for every DPS you intend to bring. Garuda taking collatoral damage from attacks will not trigger "detonation" from the adds fortunately.

12. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

This is just more inaccessible content to those of us who do not have magic tap. I was excited there for a second but it appears that she is impossible to beat because of her fall back move and summoning a dozen or so of those adds.

13. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Hmm I only have Peyrna for magic taps and no Moon characters, but I can get as much Moon otomo Z as I need. Taking ice characters means they are also a bit more fragile than others. Garuda might have to wait until I can recode Zafitte...

14. TrueShadow

It's honestly ridiculous how hard Garuda is compared to the other bosses, and yet she's the first one encountered. At least Zafitte^ is coming, so that's a slightly easier to get magic tap. Also, save your PP for that dozen of mobs turn. You'll need it.

15. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

Doesn’t matter.

I have only 1 moon character - Dahlia, the unimportant one. The rest of mine are ice and even with moon z Otomo they cannot kill the add unless everyone attacks 1 together. Which is impossible at that stage.

So the boss is impossible.

16. Tharos

Tharos The Source Explorer

Medals:
    Time to give some data for this boss:
    • power point is charging at 1/10 the usual speed
    • default vulnerability to moon (x2 damage, as it's a sun element)
    • invulnerable to fire and sun, of course
    • ice deals x1.25 damage
    • other elements and physical damage have a x0.1 multuplier
    • HP thresholds are 65% and 30% HP (so around 780k and 360k)
    • drop: 100% Shining Mirror drop on first clear 30% after than
    • All other otomos dropping here car only drop in luck chests

Notable changes on hard mode:
    • Ice multiplier is now x0.1, so moon damage is required
    • quick check, but the boss stats seems to be the same
    • boss skills hit harder: Scorch Remote (2) instead of single target. Reduce life 66% instead of 50%, and a x2 damage breath instead of a no damage
    • drop: 100% Light of Protection drop on first clear (MDef tapping otomo), after that it's 30% for Vermilion Shield (anti solar shield)

Rydia, mudamuda, TrueShadow and 2 others like this.
  17. TrueShadow

Actually someone have managed it with Ice units only.

Even he admits RNG plays a part, though. The good thing is you only need to beat her once because the reward isn't even that good.

18. kramerica222

kramerica222 Member

Mika is a special case :p

Though I wonder what the fire capsules are for; I don't think they would work against sun elemental damage. Also, having both Piz is lulz.

19. TrueShadow

Oh, yeah, these bosses are available for Vo-op. So if you really want to uou can just co-op with someone who actually has Feno and tappers.
    You can never have too much Piz. :D
    Collab with TB2 with Piz'fa as event character please.:D

20. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

Co-op would be a different challenge because of time limits and only 1 player would have gego available. (Bringing 2 gegos would hamper DPS)

I’ve gotten pretty close to beating her but still extremely difficult and haven’t succeeded yet. I’ve gotten past the “fall back” stage no problem but from that point on she deals more damage and scorches 2 characters and summons extra adds. I just get whittled down. And it takes 20+ minutes just to get that far so.... yeah I’m fatigued on this.

I call bullshit on MW. They didn’t do a good job of balancing the elements and availability of certain key skills, then went ahead and designed content around it anyway. I feel like they’re designing content for only whales and those few psychopaths who actually SB’d their way to the rainbow road.

As a break I’ve been farming reaper for zafitte recode but that is frustrating as well. More like just really boring and annoying when you sometimes don’t even get one between your 100 luck and your pro negotiators....

The really really sad part is that I think “we’ll fine I’ll play TB2 instead......” oh yeah there is LITERALLY nothing to do in that game, despite the “rebirth”.

Fuck you, MW. Fuck. You. TB1 is a grindfest that locks players out of the best content, even after they’ve spent hundreds of dollars over the years, and you gave TB2 to a terrible company that screwed it up.

Fuck.
    You.

Very close to just deleting and walking away.