Garuda

Discussion in 'Levels & Bosses' started by secangel, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Zyron

Zyron Well-Known Member

Reaver is in both coin pacts. Use your coins/fellowship tix to get him to 100% sb and 70 luck

2. Zyron

Zyron Well-Known Member

I don't feel like a psychopath. I used the forest to luck up my way to rainbow road. I cleared the pool within 3 months. Should be possible now even faster as all recodes are out of pool.

The game had always longterm goals. I couldn't do BLO3 stages, the Dragon Kings, Shin'en or Mutoh for a long time. I kept on playing and cleared the pool step by step.

With the 10/2 and 10/1 event MW gives additional chances to get strong charas. Sometimes you'll have luck and pull a key unit. RNG is strong in this game.:arghh::woot:

For Garuda you can coop with someone who has the charas you are missing. Tag @Rydia. She will be glad to help you for sure

tieuzbao likes this.
  3. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

I’ve done some forest and I’ve since decided that it isn’t for me.

For example I’m currently in a “read books” place in my life instead of “watch TV”. So when am I ever going to do forest? Never, that’s when.

I guess that means this game is no longer for me.

4. phoenix_stealer

phoenix_stealer Member

i'm not that annoyed than todd, but i really think that putting garuda in first enemy is really frustrating : the moon/sun element is really "recent" compared to photon/graviton, so if you aren't an old/hardcore gamer, there is really small chances that you have enough magicTaper+Moon unit.

I'm annoyed because, for me, the "last" enemy missing was Sun king, and i was happy to get new "boss content".
    But i'm blocked from the first of 5 bosses ! :(

i guess the "main" problem is that before moon/sun king, some characters are really useful, but aren't must have, or are in silver road (trinity champion) : you can do the whole game with snaip/bahl, suoh^, BLO, and one other tapper than palpa
    But for doing moon king, without gego^/olber/sun char, it seems nearly impossible, for sun king, without moon units, it's NEARLY impossible, and absolutly not farmable : i just obtain gego some days ago, it's impossible to compare a level with and without him.
    AND the characters needed are in gold OR rainbow road, so your chances to get them are too small.

+ i'm frustrated because i just recode some characters BEFORE having information about recoded removed from pool :( amazora, by example).

And i know that i'm pretty lucky : i got snaip, gatz, olber, gego, so i can do a lot of content : if i didn't have obtain gatz that quick, i guess i 'll be still blocked in on shinen.

Sorry for this long message nearly out of context !

5. Quartzel

Quartzel Well-Known Member

The game though doesn't help much for returning players, when you notice how much SB/LB is needed to even attempt new content.

I don't think it would hurt Mistwalker much to increase SB/LB gain to 4-5 times then what we can earn.

6. vicenturi

vicenturi Active Member

I agree, A kind of Royal Ringstone for sb or some way to increase sb gain will be great, all the otomos are focused on luck.

7. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

I don't grind anything luck or SB and I find that I'm getting blocked for newer content as well. I can barely beat Moon King, and only barely beat Mutoh just once before the physical nerf but not anymore(I think) because I'm lacking in basically all the good characters with photon and sun/moon.

But, I think that's fair. You either put in the work or pay up and I haven't done either despite luck grinding speeding things up XD

8. Hayden

Hayden Well-Known Member

The idea was to use Piz'fers Metabolic Magic and do more damage overall to Garuda/Adds. lol

9. kramerica222

kramerica222 Member

After many failed attempts due to bad RNG and dumb mistakes, I finally scored a kill. Never doing this again until I have double Feno :dead:

I VERY BARELY eeked out a kill with Ashe, Piz'fer^, Leviathan^, A'meripact^, A'misandra, and Ellvern^. CT+4 and CT+2 skill and Tronic Gal otomo on Ellvern^ for massive time to plan out attacks. I only had 4 Moon King Z otomo's available, so I put them on all the DPS and gave A'misandra a healing rod. With this setup, even a tapped, power point double pincer doesn't bring Garuda to 1 HP from 30% or whatever (I used Mika's video as a reference as to when to best burst attack). What I didn't know is that at very low HP, Garuda seemed to charge up another powerful attack. I didn't want to find out what I was, so I just went balls to the wall to do one single pincer to shave off the last remaining HP while about 8 other enemies where on the field (thank god I stacked Ellvern with CT). Due to that, I don't know if I would advise doing a tapped attack before Garuda lifts off if the DPS is not solid.

Also, I usually didn't want to risk it, but the solar flare attack is survivable by all of my team members, though they are dead meat to any follow up. The fight feels excessively long because the reinforcements always have to be dealt with like when fighting the Moon King. Sometimes bad luck when the 50% threshold is passed (or maybe 60%?) and enemies gang up on someone and just kill him/her off. Same thing at the 20%? threshold too.

Anyway I'm just glad (and exhausted) that this fight is over.:hungover:

Tharos and TrueShadow like this.
  10. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

Congrats! The rest of the bosses are much easier, so rest assured. Now make sure you have a 100L team to farm Skill Candies and MM^^ from Agartha :D

11. getwrexdt

getwrexdt New Member

Just finished the boss with this team:

Piz'fer^ - Mog
    Leviathan^ - Mog
    Invincible^ - Mog
    Feno - Schwiez Bow (low SB so a pain)
    Amina^ - Tronic Gal
    Gego^ - Eternity Hourglass (+4 sec)

I feel lucky that the RNG gods blessed me with Feno, Schweiz bow, and Eternity Hourglass pulls! Otherwise I don't know if I could have beaten Garuda. Also some random thoughts:

• Invincible with his shield is awesome for letting my units tank hits from solar flares.
    • I first started with using Feno equipped with anti-solar capsules, but after many failed attempts I switched it out for full DPS.
    • Stacking +time was critical for pulling off complicated pincers.
    • Extend chain makes the fight much more do-able...can't imagine doing the fight without it!
    • As you can see....I don't have any Moon Otomos so had to load up on +MATK
    The fight is relatively easy before the boss falls back. Just prioritize killing mobs before pincering the boss. I didn't care about the solar flare attack if there were no mobs on the field since the aerial shield helps my units tank the hit.

Once the boss falls back, RNG plays a factor. At this point I built up 3 PPs, so I used one to kill as many adds as I could before the boss fell back down. Afterwards, the adds moved in a way where I was able to finish them off the next turn without a PP. Then proceeded to DPS down the boss with my last two PPs.

TrueShadow likes this.
  12. Sandpef

Sandpef Member

Hello,

I'm considering going to beat Garuda with that team :

- Pizfer ^ with Mog
    - Annu (SB 65%) with Mog
    - The Invicible ^ with Moon King Z otomo
    - Amina ^ with Moon King Z otomo
    - Ultimate Tronic Gal (not fully SB around 8%) with Mog
    - Gego ^ with Timeless Hourglass, don't have any Eternity otomo

I only have two Moon King Z otomos but i want to farm more.
    Anyway do you think it's do-able with this team ? Should I keep Gego or replace it with an Ice chara ? Levi ^ for instance ?

13. TrueShadow

You have two magic tappers. That's more than enough.

14. BlackSama

BlackSama Active Member

This boss is just cheap, It is outright cheap, the scorch is annoying so are the mobs and the massive aoe push/damage. My strategy was just kill the mobs and not touch the scorched units, I abused of Amina extended chain to keep them healed, and they can tank a hit from the boss easily so long the minions do not finish them after that. Was somewhat easy doing that. When it tried to pull some bullshit about loading solar energy whatever, I just PP tapped all my units and left it with 1 HP and tanked the hit (love ya tronic girl), he did the same cheap strategy to fill the screen with minions and retreat, but was easy to defeat afterward. The rewards are hardly worth the trouble (crystal chest with metabolic magic and some tap for mdef or something like that 1 single charge meh), definitely not looking forward to do it again.

15. TrueShadow

You'll love Gatekeeper and its wire minions.

16. Joe

Joe Active Member

what strikes me as odd is having 5 new bosses who are tough to beat, with no enough rewards to get players motivated to even attempt them.

BlackSama likes this.
  17. BlackSama

BlackSama Active Member

These bosses, who are the new content we have gotten in a long while are effectively locked behind a paywall. Unless you are some hardcore long time LB/SB grinder. Good luck doing it with an average joe team. They will sweep you so hard is not even funny, heck even with a really best of the best team, they can still sweep you hard for the most minimal mistake.

This is the wrong approach, new content SHOULD be accessible for everyone, and then yea maybe add a harder version of it for hardcore players, but here the base version is already hard, the hard mode is punishing hard and requires ultra rare units (paywall), also those bosses are overloaded with cheap moves, like every freaking new boss lately comes with invincibility and endure any damage with 1 hp, that's BS. I am happier LB in the forest than trying these hard bosses.

18. TrueShadow

Agartha normal can be used for Skill Candy farming. The tap companions from hard modes are actually really useful, especially the Atk and Matk taps, since it gives you one extra tap you can use in earlier turns, or to give that one last push of damage during burst.

But that's exactly what they're doing? The normal versions can be beaten without any natural Z units, and I've written a guide for it: https://terrabattleforum.com/threads/ultimate-five-normal-no-natural-z-no-magic-taps.13753/

Or here, Mikalicious' particular playlisy: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGjBHhCuu0qBCKEInWp18U1Wpd_8iDJ27

Also these are end-game challenges. They're supposed to be hard. They're not eternal grindfests like the Kinos.

Tometo likes this.
  19. Sandpef

Sandpef Member

I finally managed to beat it being very serious on how the mob are placed after attacks.
    And I swapped for ice attack characters much better than poor moon otomo equipped characters.

20. Guaparrón

Guaparrón Active Member

Cleared with:
    • Piz'fer Λ (Mog).
    • A'merpact Λ (Mog).
    • Leviathan Λ (Mog).
    • Invincible Λ (Ice spirit).
    • Amina Λ (Blizzard rod).
    • Gegonago Λ (Blizzard rod).
    Very long battle, strategy was: kill adds, attack boss, tank her attacks (except the column one) thanks to aerial shield.
    Before she summoned more adds, I double pincered her with PP so she was very low HP and then I focused on killing adds, I barely had like one turn to pincer her in between, but that and AoE damage was enough.