GGA PART 1 and 2 LEADERBOARDS

Discussion in 'Events' started by Rydia, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Rydia

Rydia PinkPikaPony Staff Member

Medals:
    Hi guysss so first half of GGA Event just finished and you can post here your final ranks

Together with any thoughs or experiences you want to share with us.

Did you think you could have aimed higher? Did you enjoy it or it was a torture?
    Will you guys play part 2?

Also congratulations to everybody who make it in the top 100 and best luck next time for those who tried but couldnt make it in the end

:love::love::love::love:

robespyah likes this.
  2. Tichay

Tichay New Member

[​IMG]
    I aimed at bottom Z and spent 15 rank ups and 22 energy.
    I'll play part 2 at SS rank.

Ph B, robespyah, lynx and 2 others like this.
  3. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    I don't have a screenshot but I should have placed around #200 in S with 950k points or so, no Energy used... and about one milion and a half from rank SS xD
    I know that many from the community reached and passed that gap: that's an insane result, kudos to you all, you did a really nice job.

I've played competitive only once in TB1 (when PvP was introduced): that was almost a traumatic experience and I promised myself that I wouldn't play TB2 too seriously, so no regrets for me :)

Still we have Part 2 coming, and with the prizes from Part one plus the 20 Energy from reaching 1.3M points I guess I might actually aim for a good rank this time? Oh well, I'll see how I feel about it and publish my final score when the event will be over ;)

EDIT: fear me!
    [​IMG]

tobsy and robespyah like this.
  4. lynx

lynx Well-Known Member

@Tichay That's really impressive. :jawdrop:

I think I was probably well beyond #200 by the time the event ended. But I was at #182 in S Rank when I stopped playing at ~1mil GP, so I could have ~80 stamina, in case there are new quests with more GP rewards, when the game resumes.

After playing the 1st part, I feel like whoever planned it did a good job in making an event that any players can join.

I think Rank rewards are aimed at 1st month players who got almost 400 compensation energy. Many of them would have proper guardians and equipments to one-turn kill Shannen and have easier time farming points.

And GP rewards are for post-compensation players. Giving out some tickets and recode materials so new players can make some progress in building up their team.

It was also a nice move to have Chelsea as the 1st guardian reward with minimum effort at 10,000 GP, so anyone could farm rank in Chapter 8.

And fake Z-Class is also nice. Even though you know they are not really Z-Class, but it still feel good to see that you have some Zs in your guardian page. :shame:

As for my experience playing this 1st part,... I'd say it was a bit boring, because I could brainlessly wipe out every mobs with maxed-out Sun Rods.
    Having said that, I do really appreciate that the event was easy. New Year is a very busy time for everyone; we all had so many things to do, so many people we had to be with. And gaming has to take a backseat. So, yeah, an easy event that I could do in minutes is very suitable for this time of year.
    No, there is no way I'm going to aim higher. I need to conserve energy for equipment pulls.
    You all can go high. I'll go low. :bag:

robespyah likes this.
  5. Tharos

Tharos The Source Explorer

Medals:
    And I thought my 330k was already too much grind :D !

Silver Mitsuki likes this.
  6. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    I might not reach optimal results, but I always put a lot of passion in what I do :3

7. Ph B

Ph B Well-Known Member

My thoughts

They should just rename this event the 'grinder's cup'. It more geared towards the SB/UBers. Basically if didn't like doing that stuff before, most likely won't like this event in terms going up the leaderboards. You can be a whale with lots of money throw in but if you don't have the will of a grinder you won't make it too far.

For me. I started this event with no internet of getting Shannon. Just basically the 3 Mil and done. A friend of mine said he wanted to go all out and get in Z ranks in the first part. With a low stamina rank 7. It was then I decided I might we'll try for SS and get Shannen. Both of us are F2P

I started the first three days rank farming. Went from 11 to 20 and using the chapter refills as fuel for the event. From there it energy refills and maintaining and realizing its not that far away from Z area and decided might as well just place up there.

My buddy stamina farm just to rank 9 and used that for the whole week. It was pretty fun, us sending screenshots back and forth of our ranks. In a way it encouraged both of us to do better.

In the end my friend finished at ranked 22 in z class. I think he spent around 45 energy because of his crappy stamina rank. Keep in mind he didn't get the 400 energy compensation as he started later but hoarded energy for weeks.

Myself. I don't know the exact rank but I believe it was somewhere in the teens of Z ranks. I had 4.37 million GP in the end. Spend around 20-25 energy maintaining

All in all I like this event for the most part. The only hard part was trying it find time as RL game kept getting in the way.

For the second part I'll probably linger around the lower half of SS. The last few days I'll decide whether or not to turn up the heat!

Good travels my fellow Terra battlers:greet:

Rydia likes this.
  8. Quartzel

Quartzel Well-Known Member

Feels like I'm taking crazy pills when people say they liked concept of event even after spending energy to "progress" the ranking.

This is gross game design in every other mobage.
    They didn't need to copy it for TB2.
    hope game dies soon so they can allocate extra ressources on TB3 and Terra Wars.

9. Rydia

Medals:
    You forgot to tell us your position xDDDDDDDD

Ill add mine later today im busy with pvp in tb1 right now <.< xD

10. Sharrax

Sharrax Active Member

What strategy did you use t farm ranks? I tried to do it, but it increases too slowly, so I guess I'm doing it wrong.

11. Ph B

Ph B Well-Known Member

Just chapter 8. At most 2 min run, head literally right and up to boss. You can get Chelsea from the event and samatha to one shot. Rinse and repeat. Keep in mind the higher your rank goes, the slower it farming becomes. You'll need to decide whether want to keep ranking up or start energy refilling.

Rydia likes this.
  12. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

For part 1 I was approximately #80 in S with 1533938 points. I did 1 rank up and I think 4 energy refills.

For part 2 it looks like I will easily stay in upper half of S rank with zero refills. Good enough for me. Much more tolerable with the 20-stam quest, too. I have a nice setup that lets me kill Tiffana in 2 turns so nothing about it feels arduous to me. I am content and happy with the large rewards coming my way for honestly little effort.

Rydia likes this.
  13. cjguitarman

cjguitarman Well-Known Member

I was rank S with 568901 GP.
    I skipped the first couple days of the event, let considerable stamina rot, and never refilled. I'll try harder on part 2.

Rydia likes this.
  14. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

For part one I was somewhere in S rank with ~600,000 points. I also missed the first few days because I was leveling some human mages, and then I was also lazy. But that didn't matter anyway since I wasn't going to get anywhere within SS rank, it was almost 3 mil. away.

For part 2 I stopped after I totaled 3 mil. I'm around S rank 80 with ~2 mil until SS rank. I wasn't going to make it without refilling twice (only rank 10 70 stamina). All in all I'm quite pleased with my result.

15. Rydia

Medals:
    So i just edited the title and you guys can post your final positions in both events here :)

16. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    [​IMG]

Spent I think 23 Energy or something plus 7 ranks (luckily I was near R13 when I started, chapter 8 was a pretty nice stage to run) to achieve this, now I just hope to not get kicked out from the leaderboard (updated to 48th before the maintenance <.<) to get a Darkness character and a Z ticket.

I did it thinking it would have cost me 8-12 Energy less; I used 2 Energy per day, and during the last day I had to spam refills in order to stay in the top 50.

So ok,
    1. As I did in TB1 when PvP was introduced, I got my personal trophy;
    2. It was (obviously) awful, not going to do it again, not suggesting casual players to even try this, and to stack with their A / S rank, it just isn't worth it.

Ph B likes this.
  17. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

Way to go Silver

I stopped doing the Tiffana quest days ago, instead I’ve been farming extra Unjishi or whatever they’re called. Got minimal GP, about 1200 per 10 stam, and easily stayed in S class.

Silver Mitsuki likes this.
  18. cjguitarman

cjguitarman Well-Known Member

I used my alt to test how many people participated in Part 2. A mere 3 GP was B rank 861, which translates to <2900 participants (Rank distribution). TB2 is dead. :troll:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  19. Sean Bond

Sean Bond Well-Known Member

Yikes. I can't blame people for not playing at this point, but that's pretty rough.

20. Akemnos

Akemnos Member

for part 2 I finished in about 80th place in Rank S. This was checked with about 3 minutes to go before maintenance. at that point I was just over 2.6 million points out of getting an SS Rank spot. Which ironically was almost the exact same amount that I farmed in part 2.