Girls Gone Astray Opinions

Discussion in 'Events' started by Franz, Dec 28, 2017.

From 1 to 5, how do you feel about GGA?

1. 1 Bad

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. 2

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. 3 Neutral

12 vote(s)
    30.0%
  4. 4

10 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. 5 Good

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Franz

Franz New Member

It is Terra Battle 2 first real event and I think MW will be seeking opinions and suggestions. There's no harm in sending customer support an e-mail of your opinions to help them improve all future events:

How do you feel about GGA in general?
    What is your opinion on the ranking system?
    Are the rewards decent?
    Are the quests fun?

Rydia likes this.
  2. Sean Bond

Sean Bond Well-Known Member

I think the rewards are excellent, and the quests are relatively fun. I think the ranking system is broken, but that's to be expected in a full-blown gacha game (because gacha sucks).

I'm grateful for what rewards you can realistically earn being F2P (probably S rank and below), and am fine pretending like SS and Z don't exist, since realistically they're meant for whales.

With that being said, if the intent was for EVERYONE to have a shot at SS/Z, letting only 100 people rank in SS+ is ridiculous, and should be changed. That was always going to be Whales-only.

tobsy, chulainn and Franz like this.
  3. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

I like the structure. These kinds of events match the combat of TB way more than the P1 advantage of TB1's PvP.

It's about what I would expect from this. You compete by earning points and the more you play the more points you earn. The biggest issue is what everyone is complaining about - Stamina recovery. This event is clearly designed around spending energy to refill stamina. In an odd turn I have yet to find someone argue with me in the Discord Channel about this not being the case. Normally there are a few people that argue, but right now it seems that everyone is in 100% agreement.
    A better option would have been a PvP stamina bar much like TB1's PvP bar. 100 Stamina for everyone that's on a separate timer than the normal stamina bar. Everyone has the same amount and no way to refill. You earn GP by using certain guardians. You can keep Shannen and Chelsea, but they're so bland. Add some variety to the battles and make them mean more. Kino World in Tb1 is a great example. You play until you die and you get rewards based on how far you made it.

I think they're fine, but TB2 suffers from a lack of variety. I don't care about field items ans I never have a use for them and most of the companions are junk. The Z mages are nice and surprisingly affordable and energy is always a good idea.

No. Every quest in this game is exactly the same. Two to four battles with completely non-threatening adds and then a boss that can usually be defeated in one or two turns. I suppose that's a result of the terrible equipment system and how you can super power one or two guardians to destroy just about anything, but it really takes out the fun of battles like Shin'en, Mutoh, IDK and so on.

cjguitarman, Rydia and Sean Bond like this.
  4. icehro

icehro Active Member

How do you feel about GGA in general?

I was impressed, they were doing a whole story, new characte... nop. New maps ... Isn't that Chapter 1 with snow ? Well GGA was announced since last month I was expecting Something large scale. Something very nice you know. I was at first delighted but it was just the first step to the hell.

What is your opinion on the ranking system?

SHANNNNNNNEN. It was my first word. But my second was "A" for Rank A. SHIT. I ASK FOR FAIRNESS !!!!!!!!!!!!
    That would be great if all people were equal. It's not. You can say good bye to Shannen Kimono and maybe Dark Loli

Are the rewards decent?

I'll be honest. There's a lot of decent stuff. 5 new units with 100% SB Is a really nice gift. Z and 5 elements. Very nice. Also énergies, Metals tix and Pact... WAIT A Z PACT nice !!!! "*Mu, Mizury, Ryoma, Eureka, Jodie, Shannen, Tiffana, Ayana, and Chelsea do not appear in this Pact." Ah- 3/4 of Z in this game aren't here ? Why bothering then ? Gonna shit bois.

Are the quests fun?

I'm murdering my best loly and my waifu when I've 10 stamina... DID YOU THINK IT'S FUN ? IT HURTS ! IT HURTS. AND KNOW WHAT ? I KILLED HER WITH SHANNEN I'M THE WORST. THE WORST. WAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH SHANNEN .... I'M SORRY WAHHAHAHAH. I only need to kill you around 600th time.

Rydia likes this.
  5. Quartzel

Quartzel Well-Known Member

Trash grind.

This doesn't remotely compare to Vengeful Heart and The Last Story from TB1.

TB2 still disappoints.
    wtf are they doing seriously...

Where's Terra Wars ??
    Need it to save the franchise.

Rydia likes this.
  6. Kaim

Kaim Active Member

This game urgently needs the participation of Koji Ono and Yuki Nishimura.

Art, music and story are as good or even better than TB1. But the mechanics still don't work, the challenge and progression has been lost.

cjguitarman and Franz like this.
  7. Sean Bond

Sean Bond Well-Known Member

One thing I'd like to add on, in specific:

While the Z units we're getting (the kimono girls) aren't OP, they're pretty awesome for free units, especially for non-hardcore players. If there were more units that started off at 100% SB, I'd feel much more motivated to play the game.

cjguitarman and Rydia like this.
  8. Sharrax

Sharrax Active Member

Poor MW. I won't say that GGA is a perfect event, but reading this thread makes me think that people don't like anything MW does.

Before GGA people on this forum were like: "Gacha of TB2 is evil, 3% chance of Z is too low, MW are greedy bastards, new Z girls in kimono will be a super rare drop because MW will never give away Z companions that easily".

Next, GGA arrives, and turns out that if you take part in it, you will easily get at least 2 Z class companions with decent skills (mega-giga-terra attacks, negotiator, etc.) for free (it can be done on the 1st day of the event) and if you take a little effort, you will get 3rd Z class companion, all of them have 100% SB already. Other rewards you can get quite easily include energy and items (some of which are rare, like Pact of Resolve tickets). And if you take much bigger effort, you can have a chance to get another limited Z class companion or even guaranteed Z ticket.

Forum reaction to GGA is "Ranking is broken, no equality, disappointing". Really?

Personally, I wasn't expecting much and was pleasantly surprised. Again, I won't say that GGA is perfect (only 100 copies of Z class companion is truly irritating), but it's an event which stimulates players (at least some of them) to compete. No other event in TB2 makes you do that: Clockwork Construct can wait for tomorrow, Leviathan is not going anywhere, chapters are always open, etc. Limited time events make people play the game more, which is good for the game.

Also, we haven't seen the 2nd part of GGA yet. Maybe there will be more accessible rewards and maps to grind GP even faster.

cjguitarman and Todd like this.
  9. Quartzel

Quartzel Well-Known Member

You're praising the freebies, but the quality of content is so awful compared to TB1.

5 free Z is great and all, but if we're expecting this type of point grinding content ala FF:Exvius in future, it's seriously awful.

10. chulainn

chulainn Active Member

The freebies are cool. The ranking, as expected, is BS. Grinding is never fun. Manual grinding is voluntary hell.

11. Kaim

Kaim Active Member

My complaint is not with GGA in particular. The event is fine, and allows you to get two Z units easily, and that's great.

My complaint is already about the general content of the game. All the events (and story chapters) in the game are outrageously easy, with enemies falling in a single turn. Which is not bad at all, since they are easily accessible to new players.

But ... it's time to start putting events that involve a challenge to the player, that require a strategy, that the player thinks what he should do ... like in TB1 (event and story chapters). Without that, the game becomes very boring. For now, I don't see the inspiration that I saw in TB1. :(

cjguitarman and Todd like this.
  12. icehro

icehro Active Member

Don't know If I was aim in this, but I respect MW works. I'll not search if they created this event etc... Because it's impossible to say If it's them or SS. Maybe they failed on this but TB1 was for me more than an achievement : It was one of the BEST mobage I ever played. Fact is now I'm talking about TB2 and for now I love characters arts, story etc... but for a mobage where you need to keep adding events and increasing difficulties it's not the best game. Once again it's a collaboration with MW and SS so don't know.

Well on this I was fucking really happy to see 3%. I'm playing games with 1 or 2% and man, you are crying of happiness for 3%. MW need money to survive, TB1 is a fairly good game but too much F2P friendly to gain 'a lot of money'. If TB2 was better (I mean : Events, support) why not spending money ? But for me it's an incomplete game, sure I enjoy spending time, but still incomplete. Released since 3/4 months. I'm still searching why I would spend money (Well, I don't want to spend money in gacha games anyway. So problem resolved xD). And seriously I wasn't even thinking they will realease ALL Z to be obtainable. I was thinking : "Here choose your waifu" On this I'm satisfied a lot.

Really. Sorry but that's the Truth here. Like I said I'll not spend money in TB2 at least not for now. And this event of double refill stamina upon using énergies IS the Truth here.
    This event didn't started for everyone at the same level. Why a guy that is willing to spend money will have more chance to get better rewards than a poor guy that just want to play casual and has a chance to get awesome rewards ? I understand people spending money for gacha : Their choice. I'm not gonna say to him "Bad to spend money an gacha" . And if they can be happy with a nice roster, I respect that too. But an event, with free rewards should be at least giving a chance FOR EVERYONE.

I can even say, myself, that it's rigged. I started playing the moment maint was out. I unlocked Shannen and spend stamina without rooting any seconds yesterday. Until 9PM (So I can say I farmed from 11AM to 9PM without rotting any énergies, and without spending énergies in refill nor with rank up. Result ? 100.000 GP ranked S, in the 69th place. With "40k until SS") So ye "Really"

I didn't wanted to be awful nor harsh in what I said. But that's the Truth. I'm not complaining on this. It was irritating at first but what do ya want ? Silicon Studio and MW are not going to change this event. Now you need to go with this. Like @Rydia said I won't care about ranking from now on. I'll just keep until Ayana who is 'easly' doable if you don't root.

13. Sharrax

Sharrax Active Member

I can't say that TB2 in general and GGA is worse than TB1 in terms of quality content. Art and visuals are great in both games (TB2 is slightly better because of different animations for mega-giga-tera-peta attacks, which makes strong attacks look really badass), but every other aspect of both games has it's drawbacks. I can't say that TB1 has a lot of good and challenging content: surely, Levi/Baha/Odin/Lucia (and maybe something else) and even some of story chapters were great at the start, but now they are challenging for beginners only (including newly released chapters, which appear once in several months now). Content released later requires grind (trading post, luck), is frustrating or impossible without right characters (riftworlders, lambda versoins of Levi/Baha/Odin, etc.) or BOTH frustrating and grindy (Royal Ringstone). Can you really say that TB2 is worse than TB1, which has all the questionable decisions MW made (luck, new elements which make older elements obsolete but you need them only to clear new content, nerf of +% physical damage, nerf of CoT tickets drop rate from Shin'en, almost no CoT tickets in trading post, adding gold characters in PoT - I got this off the top of my head, surely you can continue this list with much more points)? If you think that ranking in GGA is broken, just remember TB1 pvp.

You're absolutely right. I've read stories about players dumping tens of thousands of $$ into mobage and failing to get a character with "increased" drop rate.

If spending money doesn't increase your rewards, why spend money? MW needs $$.

Two more points:

1. Mobage with rpg elements means grind, a lot of grind. I think that this is the only more or less honest way of competition between players. Even if you don't have strongest characters, you have a shot at good rewards if you spend time playing.

2. I've never worked in game development industry, but I have a theory on mobage games: developers must find a balance between two opposing groups of players: whales and non-IAP. Yep, they are opposing, because they have opposit interests, and you have to please them both, but not too much, because helping one of those groups hurts the other and a game can't exist without either: give away too much stuff for free and whales will not spend money (because there is no reason to do that), give away nothing and make the game "pay 2 win" - f2p players leave, community is dead, no discussions and guides. Obviously, you can't satisfy everybody, so there will always be somebody who complains and developers can do absolutely nothing about it.

14. icehro

icehro Active Member

I'm sorry. In this post I'll quote some mobage. That is not a real arguments so I'll involve some others idea

Fate/Grand Order.

Some people here knows I'm playing this game. In fact I'm a 2 years player in that game. Why I'll speak about this game ? Because that is one of the few games that keep F2P AND P2W balance in the best way possible, like you are talking.
    I won't make advertise : Rates for Maximum Rarity IS THE MOST LOWER POSSIBLE. 1% dude. Except if you're willing to put your wallet in that game, gain those one are a hell. Like I said I'm playing for 2 years and I've 7 maximum Rarity (+ 3 dupes)
    And ye. That's a big casual and F2P game. I didn't put any money. I didn't put 4 straight hours per day but I succeeded every event, I've (almost) all free units. And I never complained about their politics. Why ? Because events are generous, you can be hardcore and empty shop or casual and just get your units. Even lower Rarity can get ride of most of content.

Then a new game I played Kirara Fantasia.

First event : you needed to spend 4 straight hours PER DAY to get your event rewards. Support is shit. Bugs everywhere. I lost my account 2 days ago. Know what ? I'll give up because of fuck this shit. Only characters art were good and gameplay style.

Bungou Stray Dogs

Again a new game I discovered.
    I enter in this game : first things ? They give you enough to make a 10 rolls. Second things ? Gacha with guaranteed SSR if you 10x roll (I was thinking it was PAID currencies but no man FREE) and again new update today and same gacha for free.
    They are generous, really. I think it's one of the most generous game and the first that gives you SSR.

So now why I bothered to explain this ? There's a lot of game types and TB2 for now is a bit more higher than the second game I explained :
    - Gacha with Waifu Simulator
    - Hard Grind
    BUT I don't care about a gacha with 1% or 3%. See I'm 2 years on FGO while having shit 1% but I'm staying... Maybe answer is here ? Event are really simple. They give event accessible for everyone and sometimes we have Hard difficulty event.
    There's not PvP nor ranking. I enjoy that game. So whatever % is or characters for free. As long as CONTENT, GAMEPLAY and Attractions are here I'm playing
    For now there's only Gameplay in TB2
    Attraction was lost yesterday and content I'm still waiting. Really I know MW can do better. I'll not trash TB2 now because it's still new and this is the first 'large scale' but in some months same shit happen I wouldn't be as gentle as I'm

------ I'm truly sorry for being out of topics here. But that's what I think about mobage and TB2. Feel free to delete if it's against rule or reply in PM / this thread.

15. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

After getting a chance to actually do the event, I think it's pretty good in terms of rewards if you're not trying to be competitive. As it's meant to be a PvP event, it seems unreasonable to complain about not being able to get the top prizes(those Z tix) if you neither want to open your wallet nor endure the grind. Though I wish they make it more possible to collect all 5 of the kimono girls as event rewards(so basically Shannon is the fan favourite that top players covet??). While they are good freebie guardians they are definitely not worthy of Z class so it wouldn't hurt to let us have a good shot at all of them lol

The quest themselves are a bore and not a challenge at all. It was probably designed like that so the long grind is less painful, but I prefer event quests like TB1's Vengeful Heart/The Last Story where you really had to earn your reward by skill.

About the ranking system though, I barely played a few quests and went from no rank(E) to A, doesn't that indicate there's not that many active players doing this event? Yikes. So, top 100 may not necessarily be that unattainable if the game server is already divided between Japan/Asia? And North America/people who play out of supported region >.>

cjguitarman likes this.
  16. Gujiniuniu

Gujiniuniu Active Member

While I'm sure Tiffana/Shannen are fan favorites, I think they're also not available to all players because of Unjishi/Ajishi, who would boost those two significantly and would cause the entire playerbase to win automatically if everyone was able to get Tiffana/Shannen. xP

cjguitarman and mudamuda like this.
  17. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Maybe only Tiffana, Ajishi lost his wind amp :(

Still it feels bad to have an incomplete set. It's such a tease when you are offered the chance at a few that are easily obtainable but then have a few that are nearly impossible when they are basically just different elements of the same cookie cutter mold.

Rydia likes this.
  18. chulainn

chulainn Active Member

Mmm, forbidden cookies

19. legaiabay

legaiabay Active Member

One thing that I love from this event is now I have real reason for SBing while getting cool rewards aside. This is a good thing for me who are not SB grinder.

Todd and Rydia like this.
  20. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

TL;DR
    MW balanced Tb1 better for whales vs non whales. SS hasn't balanced anything and can't keep bugs out of Tb2.

TL;BIRIA (But I'll Read It Anyway)
    I don't think this thread is harping on MW because I don't think MW had anything to do with the event. They might have done the art and maybe the story (whatever story there is), but SS does all of the level and enemy coding. They copied Ch 2, made it white an threw in some random enemies. They haven't released a new chapter in over 5 weeks and what do we get instead? A pallet swap. I'd be shocked if Part 2 was anything other than Ch 8 re-skinned. I can't give them credit for releasing something new when it clearly isn't new.

As for the event, like I said in my original post, there are pros and there are cons. The rewards are pretty nice (although all those recode items are just filler), the energy rather generous and the Z tickets are REALLY nice (it's BS that the doll mages aren't in that pact), but Shannen only being available to the top 100 players and there being only 1 legitimate method of gaining GP has a clear design purpose. Here's a stage that everyone can farm (they gave you Chelsea real early) for the same amount of points (mostly) now go grind and use energy to beat the other players so you can complete the set of Lolis. What kind of design is that? It's baiting. The intent is purely psychological and is designed to pit not player vs player, but wallet vs wallet. I know a lot of people are rank farming, but that is only going to last so long before people either get sick of it or it takes too many runs of ch 8 to bother and they start throwing in energy to compete. It's only day 3 and SS rank is already 900k (probably closer to 1 million at this point). The more you spend the more 'invested' you feel and the more you feel you wasted energy if you don't keep spending to at least rank SS (sunk cost falacy). THIS is the point of this event.

The biggest argument I hear is "Well, like, I mean, <insert game company> has to make money somehow, right?". That's a bad argument that people make when they don't like that a thing they like is being insulted and tehy have to say something to shoot the argument down. Games make money without IAPs (I know this is ftp and I'll get to that in a second) so what people's actual argument is " Well they need to make MORE money, right?". THAT is what people actually mean, but don't like to say because it sounds (and is) greedy as fuck. When EA and Activision say game development is expensive and they need the MTs and IAPs to make money what people don't know (and don't ask about) is that they bloat out budgets with mandatory multiplayer, spend fuck tons on marketing and hold huge, expensive press gals for promotion. What they also don't tell you is that they make VERY lucrative licensing deals with 3rd parties, cut out content for DLC BEFORE the game is done and after all that they demand pre-orders so they can cut down game content further to save money if not enough people are buying ahead of time. But that's the AAA market...

In the FTP market it really comes down to balance. Tb1's PvP may have had some balancing issues and the companions were only available for the top 50 (i think) at first, but they learned from it and changed it so anyone that reached S rank got the reward and anyone that worked more got more energy. TLS and VH were both very hard at first, but people were still recruit Zael, Callista, Ella and Clara. Mobius FF was a bit easier, but still provided some decent characters an rewards. None of them (aside from Clara) were anywhere close to the Zs in the pact, but they're not supposed to be. They're free. You want the good stuff you need to be lucky or pay up. And that is totally fine... for a FTP game, of course. MW did a much better job balancing their whale vs non-whale population by making the unique rewards tough to get, but still attainable by anyone that tried. This gave non-whales incentive to keep playing and putting in the effort to get BLO, SB some silvers, recode, etc. PvP had big balance issues, but the different leagues and level restrictions (as well as the point system) gave people as best a chance as they could get without whaling and having the best characters. I was ranking S league even before I got Gego and Rejin. I was able to farm Zael to 70% SB without any Z characters. I recruited BLO and fully upgraded them without any SS mages.

This has gone on for too long, but in closing SS hasn't balanced anything and now, after 5 weeks of no content (ok maybe there were some achievements that took all of 2 days to finish) we get a whale vs whale event where the key to victory is, of all fucking things, the energy recovery item in the store? That option is just a relic from the era of wait and see games like Dungeon Keeper mobile and they turned it into the primary strategy for their big, end of the year event? That and they initially indicated that all of the Lolis would be available to everyone, but SS is terrible with information delivery and accuracy so it's our fault for trusting them, I guess. AND on top of that we get even MORE bugs. Jeba, and others, can't even play the damn game and Yeezus paid them for energy and got NOTHING. I can't give SS any credit when every week we get maintenance that touts "fixes to existing issues" and "updated pact lineup", but still manages to release more bugs, keep the same bugs around and give us nothing new to show for it.