Girls Gone Astray Opinions

Discussion in 'Events' started by Franz, Dec 28, 2017.

From 1 to 5, how do you feel about GGA?

1. 1 Bad

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. 2

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. 3 Neutral

12 vote(s)
    30.0%
  4. 4

10 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. 5 Good

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. tobsy

tobsy Active Member

GGA is a mixed bag. I like that it's an event. lol. It brought a small but significant spark of intrigue to the game. But the quests are nothing special (so far) and the story dialogues were just unbearable... I do appreciate the 3 free Z units, though I am irritated that Shannen is beyond the reach of most players, more so because she's part of the kimono girls set. I don't like missing a piece.. All rewards should be obtainable with reasonable amount of gameplay.

cjguitarman and LegendaryFrog like this.
  2. Allatar

Allatar Active Member

I feel lots of Hate/Frustration/Disappointment in here ...

This event is good enough for TB2.
    Frog is right it's a whale vs whale event ... and i prefer that thousand times over a Cheater-whale vs Cheater-grinders event,
    I was thinking about spending energy in this event at first, but i just ranked up, play with regular stam to see how much it would cost to get to SS rank (more than 3 million GP i guess) and decide to save my energy.
    The rewards are GREAT, 33 energy for not that much effort (and i guess 20 more with part 1 and 2 rank B), 3 to 9 Resolve tickets (with again almost no effort), two easy Z- guardians with an additional one fort little effort (but still no energy involved), one Z ticket for Heavy grinders
    This is what a End of Year event should be: lots of easy stuff to get, and i find the balance between Whales/F2P ok on this event : whales will get struggle to get 1-2 Z tickets and Shannen/Tiffana.
    Now we can blame the lack of effort made on GGA maps, special quest and dialogues, we can find that it's a shame that shannen/tiffana are 'whale only' when they could all have been on total GP rewards (lots of empty spot after 1 million GP) or even that the x2 recovery is "too much" since it just widen a gap that would not have been crossed anyway (between whames and f2p).

In the end this event may be the best thing that happened for now in TB2 (IMHO)

3. tieuzbao

tieuzbao Active Member

When you've lowered the bar so low, anything above will be "good enough" lol.

Let's be clear, I appreciate the "free" units and rewards but let's not get carried away and start praising them just based on the "rewards" and them giving us what is basically a Tb2 version's of a WEEKLY CHALLENGE ...the "infinite pools" of units and equipments and how quickly they pump "new" units and weapons remind me of governments racing to print paper currency. 10 energies in TB1 could easily worth as much as 100 to 200 TB2 energies considering the infinite pools, so yeah thanks for the energies!

And I really don't get why people keep comparing this to TB1's pvp? I'm not playing against anyone, if anything GGA is a glorified WEEKLY CHALLENGE with relatively more rewards because we'll you've to grind more than your basic weekly challenges in TB1.

Hate is too strong a word for me. Disappointed? Sure, they had time. And IT IS A YEAR END EVENT right? So is it not understandable to have some expectations of quality? It's not like they're going off of a blank canvas, there are what 3 years of information from TB1?

Frustrated? Not yet. Once you get anywhere near this and the first, it's time to move on.

So all in all I agree, this is the best thing in TB2 so far...they introduced a weekly challenge!...and that my friend is like saying a race horse staying on its feet coming out of the gate IS GOOD ENOUGH.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  4. chulainn

chulainn Active Member

Not that much effort? Sure. A single run of Shanna is quick. 100+ are not. Nor are they fun. Or engaging. Or honestly, all that rewarding. I like the Gooch and his team just fine, but TB2 is not one of their better works.

5. Sharrax

Sharrax Active Member

Since GGA is over, we can now sum up everything that happened during this event.

First of all, contrary to what many people thought, GGA wasn't whave-vs-whale event. My example: I had around 70 energy when 1st part started, I participated in both parts (SS in the 1st, was really close to Z, and Z in 2nd). Surely, I have spent energy on stamina refills, but at the same time I got energy from event (total GP rewards, rank rewards), login bonuses, maintenance compensation, etc. Today, after claiming my 10 energy reward for getting to Z rank in 2nd part, I still have those 70 energy. MW literally throws free energy at you, so if you want to win (get to SS/Z rank), you don't need to spend money! All you need is to play the damn game. Moreover, buying energy for cash will not help at all if you don't have time to spend it, so I think that GGA was pretty balanced for non-IAP players and whales.

I also believe that GGA is arguably the best event we had since TB1 release (at least reward-wise). TB2 is young, so it doesn't have a lot of stuff yet, therefore we have to compare GGA with TB1 events. If we consider seasonal events from TB1... oh wait, TB1 doesn't have any seasonal events (just some lazy login giveaways). Competition type events from TB1 are weekly challenge (which is more like a chore which nets you 2 energy per week) and PvP, which was awful at the start (1st player advantage, cheaters, disconnects, etc.), when TB1 was young too, but after magic damage nerf, first turns damage nerf, points system introduction and reward distribution revamp your get only 10-15 energy and a couple of companions from it at best. Most of the other events from TB1 are a chance to get some unique but mostly useless characters (like Bone Killer and other two unique monsters, Morgana, Noctis, Zael, Calista, Ella^; even relatively strong Clara^ is pretty much outclassed by many stronger warriors). "Events" like Jade dragon and Tower of Temptation are not even worth mentioning.
    GGA offers you three free unique guardians with decent skillset (and pretty attack animations), one free Z ticket, 3 tickets of resolve, 30 energy and some unimportant but useful items for levelling and recoding and you don't even need to compete with other players to get all of these goodies - get 3kk GP in two weeks and a free Z is yours, which is extremely good for new players too. Just play the damn game and get your rewards! I still don't understand all this discontent (more than third of voters here gave GGA "below average" or "worst" mark, I wonder which mark would events like Jade Dragon get) and posts like "I don't like this event, this is the end for me, uninstalling the game". I won't argue that grind is stupid and the story of GGA is also stupid, but good rewards and a good competition are always welcome.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    cjguitarman, Ph B, Kaim and 2 others like this.
  6. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

I completely agree with you Sharrax

The rewards were very strong for not much effort, and honestly it got me playing the game more than I previously had been

I do hope that we have a challenging event soon

Kaim likes this.
  7. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

Overall I think it was all right . Apparently a new director stepped in and this was their big project as the new head so if that's truly the case then we'll probably have better events moving forward. They might have just scraped this event together with what they already had (might be why P1 and P2 were just copies of existing stages). Based on what we were getting before GGA, however, this was a huge step up. I think that's why people are sighing and saying 'good enough for TB2'. The launch was a disaster and it's been nothing but bugs and broken promises since. GGA brought something involving, at the very least. I still think it could have benefited from a dedicated stamina pool like TB1's PvP uses, but again, might just be what they had to work with.

I don't consider the event to be a challenge at all. There was no real competition or difficulty outside of how much time people had to invest in grinding. Certainly it was hard for anyone that just started TB2, but running Tiffana over and over and over and over gets dull when you 'have' to do it all day, every day. And yes, I know it's technically optional, but that's a bad argument. Game content is never marketed or designed as optional the same way the second act of movie is never considered optional to view (maybe a Michael Bay movie). It's there because 'they' want you to engage. The funnest parts of the event were the last days when everyone was fighting for SS or Z and you had to constantly keep watch and decide how much more you were going to grind. It was annoying that some people had to stay up until 2a, but at least it had some thrill. The big issue though (at least to me) - two consecutive weeks of GGA was too much. I feel like a single week was planned and then they just stretched it out to two to make it last longer. Length = more content, I guess. There a hundred ways this could have gone better so maybe they'll listen to feedback and make improvements int he future.

As for the rewards... yeah the rewards were mostly good. Lots of filler items, but I'd take recode materials over Field Items any day. The S pact tickets are nice and the Z ticket was, honestly, a welcome surprise. The Kimono girls are pretty good and their Dolls are even better. The energy... mostly ok. The big competitive aspect of the event was using energy to refill stamina. I'm a cynic and I know SS is looking to make money so I'm willing to bet they were hoping people would spend more energy on stamina refills. I think people were very reserved overall and hoarded energy for future pacts. I doubt that was the intent. People in the high ranks mentioned they used 30-50 energy in the first part and about half that in the second as well farming rank exp in ch 8 anywhere from 10-20 levels. That basically means the energy was all used up in the event. True, if you used energy you basically got another Z and maybe another ticket (or two), but that just means you had a choice between the energy and the SS/Z rewards. It's hard for people to justify that a reward when it goes right back into the event. Using energy as a tool is... shady. Energy is supposed to be a reward, not a weapon. Speaking of weapons... where the hell where all the equips in the reward pot? Surely some As would have been appropriate?

I tend to rant so I'll end it here. As I said above I'm looking forward to what the new director has planned in the future. I'm hoping fewer bugs and more actual game play. Maybe a revamp of how chapters are played? VH seems to be coming so maybe we'll have another branching paths style event? Maybe Sun King? On second thought... no.

tobsy and Rydia like this.
  8. tobsy

tobsy Active Member

During the 2nd part I spent like 15 energy and a few rank up refills to secure a bottom spot in SS rank with 5.1mil GP.. Snatched up Tiffana, AVATAR (woop!) but alas, I'm missing Shannen, CHRONICLE... Had busy week of work during 1st part... couldn't grind. T.T Guess I'll have to wait till next new years for her return maybe??

Anyway.. GGA was not super exciting (and a bit too grind heavy), but it was the best TB2 content by far, and a good showing for the new team managing TB2. An overall success. B-. Apparently starting February, they're gonna continue with regular story chapter updates. I am optimistic about the new director turning TB2 around.

cjguitarman likes this.
  9. chulainn

chulainn Active Member

They certainly needed new management. The old one had the game locked in a death spiral.

Hopefully, later versions of this event will offer more than grind your fingertips away. That’s my main complaint. The rewards were alright. I’m FTP but I missed the legendary “have all the energy” compensation, so my collection is alright I guess. It’s hard to gauge sometimes, when you’ve pulled more Zs than folks who’ve paid.

10. Tharos

Tharos The Source Explorer

Medals:
    Quick thoughts about the event:
    • I first saw the event a few days after the start, during an occasional login to the game
    • Having free Zs with low points made me play at that game again
    • Having very few people on the game made me play the event more "seriously" (with a few fights a day, I managed to stay rank S. If it didn't, I would have stopped: no point to play the event for me and be rank A)
    • Having bigger points earned on part two (and x2 MZ EXP) made me play part two up to 1.3M
    • Once the event was over, having nothing do to in this game made me stopped playing it, once again

So overall, the event was nice (a little too grindy by I didn't care as I wasn't too serious about it), but a single event does not make a game.
    RIP TB2

DanielMilian and tieuzbao like this.
  11. tieuzbao

tieuzbao Active Member

Well thanks to this event I lost my account. Glitches and crashes upon opening for days upon days. Frustrated I made the mistake of uninstalling...I have all the info like username and id but can't find the password so they say tough luck, we can't help you and "please continue to enjoy Terra Battle 2". The generic nature of the customer service's response is such a turn off and sealed the deal for me. Yeah like I will spend more time and money on this game.

Since I don't think it's worth it to restart brand new losing all my progress, I will bid adieu to tb2.

And since I stopped playing tb2 in large part because of GGA, I'm going to say 1 for me.

LegendaryFrog likes this.
  12. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

That sucks. Jeba had a similar issue where the game wouldn't let him log in for the entire event's duration.

You can always spend your time on Tb1! A significantly better game! :troll:

tieuzbao likes this.