Guardians, Equip, Companions and Skills Community notes

Discussion in 'Units & Items' started by Silver Mitsuki, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    Hello everybody,

I'm here today to bother you once again with my community-focused things, and I'd really like of you could help me (like, really guys, this time I need you to give me a hand in this).
    Although eclipsed by skills like Phys Damage x1.5 and the field-covering AoE from units like the "Z Mages" TB1 features a good amount of strategy, but even if for a novice it could be a little hard to understand the importance of having access to abilities like the Anti-element Capsules it doesn't take them much to master the basics.

TB2 requires in my opinion even more planning, as guardians don't only have unique and useful skills, but they also provide some amazing gear from increasing their Union parameter, and taking track of everything can be quite hard for a single player especially for those who decided to go easy and play casually.

Of course is still too early to express a definitive thought on how important the debuff Hobble, that has been nerfed recently, or the former god-tier skill Stealth will show themselves in the future, but I think that collecting our opinions here, patch after patch, could be a nice point from where to start.

During the next times I'll obviously take care of keeping updated the information that you'll help me to collect and create some sort of database for them, accessible via Discord first (through our bot Proto), and web later on.

As you can imagine, getting an idea on how useful a particular Guardian could be is not an easy task: for example I recently had a long talk about the utility of the skill Stealth, and for discussions of this kind having a thread where to collect the different opinions from the community can be of help for reaching a final verdict. I therefore ask you to yes, talk and discuss here about what do you think/noticed about the different guardians, skills, equips and companions, but to keep potentially longer debates (like clarifications about what people think about the utility of a companion or a guardian) on a thread on forums like Units & Items, Squad Help and Bugs, Hackers & Feature Requests (among the others), in order to help everybody to find the information they need :)

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆​

For example, one thing I noticed while farming Zmey during the last few days (and that might be corrected soon) is that the skill [​IMG] Empowered Reflect from the Z class guardian Tsutsura actually prevents her to get healed and buffed from her allies;

Other useful information worth of mention are that Guardians like Xena and Jodie unlock at 100U respectively a powerful Z class Bow (equip) with an Area 2 Tera effect, and a companion that allows the character to cast an extra ice-attribute Tera skill, and this kind of intel could help both rerollers and lucky players to understand on who they should focus their attentions.

At the same time, even if is not possible to give a "universal" tip about merging or not equips as the A class Sun Rod, it might be useful to remind the players that magical weapons might be quite hard to collect at the current state of the game, and therefore a couple of Mega Cross All wands can show themselves more useful than a single Giga Cross All in multiple situations.

Said so, I kindly ask you to share with the community other good and short tips you might have here :)

Again, for questions like "what do guys think about this Guardian?", as well for PSA and important tips regarding for example the usefulness of the Death skills of Mukumba starting a separate thread is advisable, as it would help us to discuss about the topic in a more organized way ;)

ynuohc, tobsy and Rydia like this.
  2. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

I recently noticed something about Lyon. Everyone is impressed with his physical amp 1.5x ability in RNA form, and rightly so. However, it may be a good idea to initially recode him to DNA form if you plan on SB’ig him at all. He gains SB much more quickly in the DNA form. Then when you’re ready to use him, it doesn’t cost much to change him to RNA.

Why bother? Well, if you have him at low SB then he has poor access to his skills, as if he doesn’t even have them, outside of power point use. So if you want him as a high damage guardian (which is the point of having him), doing a little SB is a very real way to boost his actual damage-dealing capability.

3. ynuohc

ynuohc Member

A short video testing skill or u reward effect would be great
    So i share 1 real test video on twiiter hashtag by POST about Xena Zweapon Indra with Lv 70,maybe it not useful info at all,
    https://twitter.com/post_open/status/920475121722126337
    I don't play it often now,...but if i fought useful info on twitter or dig myself i will share it here in my free time

4. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Tip for weapons with range(usually daggers, katana, spears, bows and staves only), often you don't know what the maximum range capability of an weapon is until you actually level it. In the upgrade menu you can see a preview of what upgrades end up doing for your weapon, so keep 10 Zapper As(from Un store) handy to let you preview what the end upgrade for a weapon looks like to help you decide what you want to level or not.

Some weapons can end up going from one row/column to three once maxed, some weapons don't even show a range at all in the beginning but gain range after a certain level or when maxed.

5. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Let's revive this thread now that more time has past.

Some things I've noticed:

+ in-battle info of guardians' skill ranges is often inaccurate; that is, even when a skill targets the pincer target(red square)often it will show that it only targets the area around the character(green square). Don't trust the in-battle info, the menu info is the correct one. You may also notice that some spellblades will have both skills that target pincer and skills target area, Samatha RNA is one. While others like Roland RNA only have area attacks even though a lot more spellblades have only pincer target attacks. Check for red or green square to be sure of where the skill will hit.

+ Hime'nald DNA has an interesting tap skill called "Charged Strike, once" where you tap to charge the skill on one turn, which will activate on the very next turn(charge will be lost next turn regardless of activation in the next turn). The in-game description doesn't really tell you exactly what it does, the skill symbol looks confusing, and I wasn't entirely sure from just using it so I did a Japanese search to confirm my suspicions; it doubles whatever damage you do on the turn that it activates. Best use would be in double pincers with power point to ensure all skills proc and maximize damage. Not bad considering he's not exactly a dedicated fire unit! Upon Charged Strike activation he can do more fire damage than Djagos RNA, though he has no natural range.

+ Joogo may be an overlooked healer, DNA form is the only healer to also have chained regen. Heal multiplier is only 3x(4x with regen?) but in TB2 heals are no longer capped but scale with matk.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
    Silver Mitsuki likes this.