Gugba's Tower of Temptation Event

Discussion in 'Events' started by Joe, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Joe

Joe Active Member

Couldn't find an existing post for this new event, so wanted to start one.

I attempted it with an all physical team, but wasn't very lucky with the 45 level cap. I guess I'll have to put more thought into picking the best dps characters at Lv 45.

Share your teams, skills, companions, etc.

2. EricTheMostRed

EricTheMostRed Member

All I did was use my strongest spears (Filter --> Spears).

My team is Clara^, Odin^, Koko^, Samatha^, Kem^, Mac. I didn't really worry about otomos. I have one grand rune on somebody, and a white candle on somebody else. I don't think anyone else even has any otomos (I was very lazy when setting this up).

Although, now that I'm writing this, it seems obvious that Shinen^ and Mutoh^ would also be good if you equipped their spear attacks. If you're having trouble surviving, Olber/Olber^ also seems like a good choice.

Pincer him vertically - his sword attack hits laterally, and most spear attacks are column attacks anyway. It shouldn't be too difficult.

3. DEaK67

DEaK67 Member

kuscah golem sh'berdan 8-bit golem ma'curi Ra'prow didnt bother with companions was more then enough for level 1 all characters rank b and lower and all characters job 1

4. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    For Gugba 1 I'm using a "randomly" assorted team, with Odin Λ, Camellia Λ, Bahl Λ, Clara Λ, Gegonago Λ and Suoh Λ; I get a Powered Point on the last turn, and with the right companions I get over 200k of damage output on every run.

Note that Odin will be available in Arena in few hours, and him and his recoded form (Odin Λ) are 2 really powerful free spears, capable to deal x2 damage to Gugba, a sword-type enemy.

Bahl Λ is the recoded form of the B class gifted to the new players with a 50% chance (the other unit is Grace, a good bow but not as strong as Bahl);
    Gegonago Λ offers me a pleasant stackable Control Time +3 Seconds to all of my units; Palpa Λ is a nice free alternative that works as well.
    Clara Λ is an event character, and Suoh Λ and Camellia Λ are the recoded form of 2 good spears recruitable (and "clearable") by clearing the Pact of Fellowship (look for "Pact of Fellowship" on this page for some good threads about this topic ;)

Another good unit is Odin Kino Λ, available in Arena only for few more hours and useful for both dealing some damage and clear the "job1 / B class only" challenge.

I'll write a little more after doing the proper tests :)

5. EricTheMostRed

EricTheMostRed Member

Does this work? I thought Λ units didn't count as Job 1 for the purposes of the challenge.

6. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    Yes it works, to be forbidden are the Recoded characters as the Z class Odin Λ, but Kino and 8-bit ones are just "regular" units with a Lambda in their name (and, therefore, an higher cap for Luck). Anyway, before posting this message I made sure that this worked properly by testing it myself and I got both the rewards for clearing it with a B class (or lower) team and the one for clearing it with a team with units all in all Job 1.

A little note about my previous post, where I considered these 2 challenges as one only, as I usually clear them on the same run: this isn't true, if you're having difficulties you can use a team of B (or lower) class units in their job 3 form first and a stronger team in their job 1 one later.

This is true for "Gugba 1" as it is true for other challenges as "Gugba 3" and "Alika 3" (available in a separate, yet similar, event).

EricTheMostRed likes this.
  7. Jeba

Jeba Well-Known Member

Something like this works well.. Screenshot_20171102-003433.jpg

Silver Mitsuki likes this.
  8. phoenix_stealer

phoenix_stealer Member

For thé luck Candy i user this team

Golem
    Golem 8bit
    Kinodin
    Sherbam
    Macuri
    Regencell

Important companions were balloon for lévitation and bomborg avant bomb

9. DanielMilian

DanielMilian Member

8 Bit Golem, Sorman, Androclops, Macuri, Odin Kino and Raprow.
    I used a Grand Rune, two Runes and one Gungir. Even without them is doable.

10. pob138

pob138 New Member

for Gugba II I've been using
    Gatz^
    Olber^
    Clara^
    Odin^
    Ma'curi
    Ra'prow^

with taps and power point I've dealt ~830,000+ each time. got the 5,250,000 skill candy pretty quickly

11. phoenix_stealer

phoenix_stealer Member

and for the B team/job 1 team ?

12. etlok

etlok Member

How to obtain the energy reward?

13. yeezus

yeezus Well-Known Member

My personal optimal Gugba II team:

[​IMG]

I don't have any grand runes, so I have regular runes on Mac, Shin'en, and Odin, and a Chocobo on Clara. The key to get as close to the threshold for Gugba II is to have Mac/Odin first in the double pincer up until the final double pincer.

For Gugba III, I have the exact same team. The main difference is that you can have Mac/Odin second in the double pincer for the entire fight.

[​IMG]