[Guide] Best Otomos for SB training

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Rydia, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Rydia

Rydia The Pink Pikapony Staff Member

Medals:
    I want to thanks @Azure for making the full translation for this guide ^^ thank you very much @Azure!!! we love you!!!!! And also thanks @Tharos for getting all the information about the Otomos.

If you want to know more about how skill boost gain is calculate check this post by @cjguitarman

With the recent (lol, "recent", well when I wrote this post it was recent) release of Version 2.9 the buddy system has been added to the game. This buddies or Otomos can be equipped to any of our characters offereing additional skills or stats to those they already posses.

Otomo's skill activation is independent from the adventurer SB, and is also NOT affected by frequency boost.

Otomo's skill activation depnds solely on it's own level. The higher the otomo's level then the higher the chance their skill will activate. Using a PP (Power Point) only rises the chances of skill activation up to the Otomo's skill natural maximun. This is to say that if a Class C Otomo has, at maximum level, a skill frequency of 50%, then using the PP will only rise the activation chance to 50% independently of said Otomo's current level.

When an adventurer activates a skill it has a chance of gaining SB by 0,1%, this is calculated by the following formula:

P (Skill Boost) = 0,02/Z

Z= %Emit for SB = MIN Probability of every skill activated in the phase

When the skill activated is that of an Otomo then Z is not the value from the skill but an internal HIDDEN value dependant on the Otomo itself. Which means for the best SB gaining we need an Otomo with a high skill activation value at MAXIMUM level (ideally a skill activation value of 100% at maximum level) but that offers a lower Z value.

Among the Otomos we find those we can get via Energies (COT), and those we get via coins (COF) or evolving from COF.

Right now Otomos only offer skills for the Attack, Heal and Counterattack phases.

In the following table I've resumed the best Otomos for SB farming along with the possible SB gain from using their skills (Calculated using 100 stamina points in 1-5 which represents 7 activation per run)

[​IMG]

CoF Otomos
    UPDATED:
    Now with the FF Mobius event they add the Ochu otomo.
    Ochu otomo gives a 30% Skill healing phase that activates only when pincering so if you have a character that is always leading pincer and doesnt have a heal phase skill this otomo is better than Demon Chronicles. It will be the same gaining than White Candle/Lamp so check those otomos in the table to see if you should use it or Demon chronicles****

Otomos in red are those that activate during the Attack phase.

Among the COF Otomos the one that offers the highest SB gain is Demon's Chronicle. (At maximum level it has 50% skill activation and Z=15%)

Besides Demon's Chronicle, any Otomo with a base Z value of 30 and a max level skill activation chance of 100% will be useful when training characters with low SB. In the table you will find the best ones, all of them class B since those require less experience to reach maximum level.

Also worth mentioning are the Healing wand and Healing Rod beacuse both offer a healing skill to characters that posses only one phase skills (this is to say skills that only activate during the attack phase). However the Z value for these two is so high that the chance of SB gaining is pretty low. These two could still be used for high SB characters without a heal phase.

CoT Otomos.

Naturally the best Otomos for SB gaining would be those that are only obtainable via energys and in this group the best one is the Demon Otomo (At maximum level it has 100% skill activation and Z=15%)

Also in this group we find a couple more of healing phase otomos that can also be useful to characters without a healing phase, the White Candle and the White Lamp.

To Summarize:

The BEST SB GAINING OTOMO is the DEMON (COT)

Of those we can acquire with coins the best one is Demon's Chronicle (CoF). However, there are other Otomos that can also be useful if we don't have enought Demon's Chronicles for the whole team. You should still consider if using the Demon's Chronicle is better than using the White Candle/Lamp to add a second phase to certain characters.

I attached the link to the original table and some extra info about otomo's skills, drops, xp ad evolutions:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8LMOxU5RJH9VFBvZm9UcVRUU1E/view?usp=sharing

I got all the info about buddies from this http://terrabattleforum.com/threads/a-study-on-buddies-read-post-71.8771/page-4#post-83258 and other @Tharos posts.

Enjoy!!!!!

@Person Man summary about how to make the 6 Demon Chronicles
    [​IMG]
    And another image of how to make other otomos (those are mostly for other purposes but can also be used for SB while trying to get Demon Chronicles)

[​IMG]
    EDIT:
    Since many people look confused about why demon chronicles is still usefull even when you have 30% Skill with 100% activation I am going to include here the explanation I gave in another post of this thread:

Ill try to explain better.
    A 30% Skill will give you --> =0,02/0,3 = 0,06 Chance of get an 0,1 Skill boost
    A 15% Skill will give you --> = 0,02/0,15 = 0,13 Chance of get an 0,1 Skill boost

So the Demon Chronicle and Demon skill gives you more SB per activation than the 30% skills.
    Now, the confusion is because Demon's Chronicle has only a 50% skill activation.

So if you have a 30% character skill with 100% chance of activating you will get:
    For each 100 pincers --> 0,06*100 = 6 Skill boost = 0,6 % SB
    In the demon chronicle

For each 100 pincers --> 0,13 * 50 (because it has a 50% chance of activating) = 6,5 Skill boost = 0,6 SB

So you gain almost the same amount of SB if you have one or the other skill.
    So, why do we get more SB if we equip Demon's Chronicle + 30% SB skill.
    Because Demon's Chronicle only activation is only 50%
    For each 100 pincers we get:
    0,13* 50 = 6 SB gaining = 0,6 SB from the demon Chronicle.
    BUT in the other 50 pincers that Demon is not activating we still get the SB gaining from our 30% skill
    So we get 0,06*50 = 3 SB gaining = 0,3 SB from the 30% skill.
    So 0,6 + 0,3 = 0,9 SB each 100 pincers.

I hope you understand it better now ^^
    In any case all the numbers are in the excel so if you are curious just check it.

Last edited: May 2, 2017
    Asengard, Sakura, riceownz and 26 others like this.
  2. Ph B

Ph B Well-Known Member

GJ. Thanks for the guide, now I know which buddies I need to feed minions to:)

3. P'sh

P'sh Active Member

Whitewyrm Wand is just as good as the White Candle/Lamp, and also the Healing Wand is worth mentioning I think.

EDIT: I just read your post without examining the table. I see those companions are on there.

4. Quartzel

Quartzel Active Member

So basically I want 6 Demon's Chronicle so I can equip my grinding team for the top SB odds ?
    (if I don't use CoT)

Do I level them to max also ?

Rydia likes this.
  5. P'sh

P'sh Active Member

@Quartzel Yes you definitely want to in order to bring its proc chance up to 50% and give the best SB% chances.

6. Yaemon

Yaemon Member

Wow, I thought the CoF healing buddies were more useful, but it seems that even stuff like regular fans is actually better, even for chars that do not have a healing phase! I did not expect that

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
    Rydia likes this.
  7. Azure

Azure Member

You have typos!!! I translated without typos!!! D:

Rima, Tharos and Rydia like this.
  8. Rydia

Medals:
    Im sorry since i had to rewrite it all over because of the format issues I made some mistakes D:

9. Raijinili

Raijinili Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Note: Demon's Fan, Demon's Tear, and Demon's Note are all Pincer Activation (and also don't get the higher skillboost chance).

More can be said about the White Candle and White Pendant. Almost all characters have a 30% Chain skill and can have frequency enhancers (Zafitte, Gegonago, the five Stonefolk kids), so a lv1 Demon is, with PP, a +100% increase in chance of skillboost, and without PP, much less. These two skills would be another +100% increase.

As for the other healing items, well, the Demons without leveling would not activate as often as a Healing Wand, and a Healing Wand is much easier to level up.

Rydia likes this.
  10. Quartzel

Quartzel Active Member

So if it's pincer activated, then there's no reason to make 6 of them.
    Only 2 equipped on your main pincer guys while SB seems like it.

11. Z0ne

Z0ne Member

I donot have Demon,
    but for My Gaiga, death is chain no need to be initiator, she is incredible easy to SBing due to 15% chain death.

I still do not get it, why a character with build-in 30% attack phase skill at 70% SB, has any needs to equip Death Chronicle(30%)...in the excel, what does the 2.45 mean for Death Chronicle

12. Kun

Kun New Member

Yes, that confuse me as well.

(A/0.15) * 50% = (A/0.3) * 100%

I feel they should have equivalent affect.

13. P'sh

P'sh Active Member

^ On their own, with no other skills they are the same, but together, because the chronicle gives a larger SB chance (emit%), even though it procs only half the time your SB chances are still increased when it does proc.

14. P'sh

P'sh Active Member

Is the chronicle pincer only?:p

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  15. Kun

Kun New Member

Thanks for your explanation~

16. vortax

vortax Well-Known Member

Demon and demon chronicle are CHAIN proc.

Demon Tear, Note and fan are all three PINCER proc.

17. Rydia

Medals:
    Ill try to explain better.
    A 30% Skill will give you --> =0,02/0,3 = 0,06 Chance of get an 0,1 Skill boost
    A 15% Skill will give you --> = 0,02/0,15 = 0,13 Chance of get an 0,1 Skill boost

So the Demon Chronicle and Demon skill gives you more SB per activation than the 30% skills.
    Now, the confusion is because Demon's Chronicle has only a 50% skill activation.

So if you have a 30% character skill with 100% chance of activating you will get:
    For each 100 pincers --> 0,06*100 = 6 Skill boost = 0,6 % SB
    In the demon chronicle

For each 100 pincers --> 0,13 * 50 (because it has a 50% chance of activating) = 6,5 Skill boost = 0,6 SB

So you gain almost the same amount of SB if you have one or the other skill.
    So, why do we get more SB if we equip Demon's Chronicle + 30% SB skill.
    Because Demon's Chronicle only activation is only 50%
    For each 100 pincers we get:
    0,13* 50 = 6 SB gaining = 0,6 SB from the demon Chronicle.
    BUT in the other 50 pincers that Demon is not activating
    we still get the SB gaining from our 30% skill
    So we get 0,06*50 = 3 SB gaining = 0,3 SB from the 30% skill.

So 0,6 + 0,3 = 0,9 SB each 100 pincers.

I hope you understand it better now ^^
    In any case all the numbers are in the excel so if you are curious just check it.

18. Kun

Kun New Member

Thanks for your explanation, it is very clear to me right now.

Rydia likes this.
  19. Rydia

Medals:
    Im happy to help ^_^

20. P'sh

P'sh Active Member

*cowers in corner and sucks thumb*