[GUIDE] Distilled Shin'en details!

Discussion in 'Levels & Bosses' started by Todd, Jul 7, 2016.

1. CappCorp

CappCorp Member

Got really luck today.
    Did a run with a CT, and after the next, I got this:
    Screenshot_20170802-211006.png
    I could not believe my luck, 3 CT in 2 consecutive runs :eek:

tieuzbao likes this.
  2. Akroma

Akroma Active Member

Well we have proof of the two CT alright, but not of the third my dear sir....
    Just kiddin congrats! I wish i had the strength to farm Shinen like you do... oh the good old days when you always get multiple CT for a full stam...

3. CappCorp

CappCorp Member

Unfortunately, I had no idea I could be so lucky :D

Anyway, I started farming tickets after the change in drop rates, the disappointment is lower because of that I guess, that's why I can still farm them :)

BTW, got another one this morning when commuting !

4. CappCorp

CappCorp Member

And again :wideyed:

Is there any chance the drop rates have been modified again server side finally ?

5. Akroma

Akroma Active Member

Not sure about that. I just spent a full stam bar and got no CT and just one FT.

6. phoenix_stealer

phoenix_stealer New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to do That shin'en guy for the first time, my objective is to obtain Shinen, to try resplendent drake after.

I got a "good enough" team for the boss
    gatz^(SB 90) Skullsplitter
    snaip^ (SB 65%) bow of genji
    Palpa^ (SB 45%, we don't really care) "i don't know what companion for her, shin'en seems immune to magic damage ... ?"
    suoh^ (100%) : minidra
    kraken with kraken 0 (100%)
    AND
    Macuri, (7%) : "i don't know what to use.."

my main problem is the dps phase :
    With 1 tap i succeed the turn 1.
    With krakenOtomo i somehow succeed to do a double pincer (is quite hard without CT extension, but it can be ok) turn 2.

And finally, the 3rd turn :
    if i use one tap, i succeed to pass the death random, if i'm not using one tap, it's a ko.

4th turn :
    i used my 4 remaining tap, Power Amp, double pincer, and shin' survived with like 5% hp bar.

Soo : 2 questions :
    what companion can i use on palpa/ma'curi, to improve damage on shin'nen ? : i don't have any SS/Z companions, but i can evolve some items (i get skullsplitters, pampa, some staff of..., earth sword, but it's all (no CE, no chocobo) ).

In my heroes, there is someone who can replace ma'curi and it ridiculous SB ?

Here is my roster with decent SB (more than 40%) : All The POF (Jaguna, suoh, camelia, sheena, velraine, camelia, drac, marilith, lich), grace^, noctis, Bagunar : others are mage champ.

Finally, but i guess i know the answer : is there a way to quickly SkillBoosting a specific champ ? :)

Ty for the answer !

7. phoenix_stealer

Ok... sorry, Second post on a row, but after reading my post, i tried to replace Ma'curi by Suoh.

It was smooth, i finally succeeded to win :D

So my final composition was (ordered like this)

- Palpa^ with cactuar (don't have really better to give to her, i have done 1000 damage with that :D)
    - kraken kino with KKO
    - S'naip ^ with bow of genji, it's the main damage dealer,
    - Suoh, (job 3, with gigabow, gigasward, atk+10%, megasword) with skullsplitter
    - gatz^ (with skullsplitter)
    - Suoh^ (with minidra).

if you succeed to kill the staffs first round with one tap, and kill the kinetic with kraken, while doing double pincer, it's finish :)

Ty for your help :), i don't know if i will try to farm him with this composition (can't be at 100 luck because no panda), but i'm happy :D

Sean Bond and TrueShadow like this.
  8. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

Congrats! Shin'en is a super versatile character that can be used nearly everywhere except those pesky "I only take damage from one element" bosses. He can swing for physical (chainable Peta attack that hits 3 rows is super sweet), and his high Matk makes him available for magic, too. Also, his Energy Retaliation is very useful.on certain Weekly Challenges.

For Palpa, if you have it better to give her Kiss Bottle for guaranteed Shin'en recruit. You can also try to chain her to Kraken Kino for her CT+2 effect. Sometimes Shin'en moves up and doesn't allow KK enough time to set a double pincer.

9. phoenix_stealer

Thank you :)

For KissBottle, i still don't have this companion BUT, i get my first companion ticket, so i may have one :D one day !

i tried to put palpa on top pincer, but shin'en push her on coliders ... and it's quite annoying. i guess the best would be to do

S^ Su^
    X X
    KK P^ Su

Ga^

But swap Snaip and KK is not so easy in 4 seconds :D

I did shin'en a few times, it's quite "easy" with that team, now Shin'en is level 60 with SB 9% :)
    194 more time ! ... :)

10. Raijinili

Raijinili Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Threshold for turn 3's Death Roulette seems to be 70%.

No Death Roulette on 693827 HP.
    Death Roulette on 723607 HP.