[Guide] Farming the Dragon Kings with a full farmable team.

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Rydia, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Moskentraumen

Moskentraumen Member

Hello

I plan on farming the RDK, the second dragon king who is photon and weak against graviton.
    I have all those free characters at mostly 100L.
    Furthermore i have Shinen on 100L and Andelucia which i am luckfarming at the moment.

Is this team any good?

Ande (Axion Z)
    Shinen (Mog)
    Amina Z (Axion Z)
    Seiryu (Axion Z)
    Seiryu Z (Axion Z)
    Levi Z (Axion Z)

2. Zyron

Zyron Active Member

This team is for sure good enough for RDK. You will beat RDK easy as long as you avoid his holy dps attacks.

3. Rydia

Rydia PinkPikaPony Staff Member

Medals:

If you want to get the HolyZ you should be using a 100L team. I guess your Andelucia isnt 100L so a free team with Shinen could be recommended in that case.

If you arent using 100L then you can use that team without problems. It should work well.

In this post by @TrueShadow you can check the team he used to beat IDK using only one HolyZ and the rest are Holy SS (you can just evolve one of your holy SS to Z since getting the sands or canvas (dont remember which one holy uses) for 1 single companion isnt as hard ^^

If you have any troubles with that team let us know so we can try to help you.

Something that maybe could make the farming a little easier would be to remove the mog and use this companions instead:

Ande (Axion Z)
    Shinen (AxionZ)
    Amina Z (CT companion, like Tronic Gal or Eternal Hourglass)
    Seiryu (Axion Z)
    Seiryu Z (Axion Z)
    Levi Z (Axion Z)

You will still be good on damage and the extra CT in amina can help you to use the

Other option is use the team TrueShadow used for RDK and put Amina OII in her. That way you wont need to kill the photon generator and will make the fight shorter.

In any case try to use time extensions items at the start of each fight.

RDK is in my opinion the more annoying of the dragons for how long (and boring) the fight is XD

4. Raijinili

Raijinili Well-Known Member

Medals:
    PDZ get, after less than 10 runs. At least I think it's less than 10, because it doesn't FEEL like I've done it all that often (since I'm so slow at it).

I have two Bonnas, so I'm not sure if I need to farm another.

secangel likes this.
  5. Zyron

Zyron Active Member

With one PDZ and 2 Bonnas you will reach the cap of 130%. Maybe you don't want to use both Bonnas in MZ 7. I use there 2 PDZ, one on Leviathan and one on the unit to level up.

6. Moskentraumen

Moskentraumen Member

Hi Rydia,

Concerning IDK
    Isn't it better to replace Baha or Levi with Seiryu for another 5% magAtk?

So, a Team like Zeiryu, Seiryu, Baha, Invinzible, Jaguna, Palpa. All with Holy dragon Z equipped.
    Iskar with Panda is not an Option, is he?

7. Rydia

Medals:

The problem with Seiryu is that he isnt very tanky so he will die easily.

I havent tried Iskar myself but I think that he will probably be too weak?

If you have a magic attack tapper you can also use him/her to bet PDK more easily (100 luck tho...xD)

Moskentraumen likes this.
  8. kramerica222

kramerica222 New Member

So I just started PDK, and was able to defeat him a couple of times with Bahl, Grace, Clara, Amisandra, Palpa, and Suoh. Even when doing everything right, it still feels like I'm gambling on Bahl getting a crit to avoid the thrash phase. I wanted to know if I could tweak the team setup for more physical DPS.

My other lambda non-mages: Amazora, Carmellia, Jaguna, Odin, Olber, Nakupi, Velraine. Some are not 100L, but I can fix that with a little time.

9. Rydia

Medals:
    Mmmm Im not sure but I think you created a pretty good team for the Dragon considering the characters you have. Im guessing you dont have Snaip.

I think your team should be good enough actually. I dont see any char from the ones you listed that could make a major difference.

Are u using skullsplitters? And doing the double pincer in the turn before using the taps? Also the order in pincers us important too

10. kramerica222

kramerica222 New Member

I do a double pincer the turn before tapping, and have Bahl in the 2nd pincer. I do have 4 skullsplitters on my DPS. Getting Suoh next to the proper DPS unit may be asking for a bit more than I want though; I wonder if that is making the difference.

EDIT: Finally got another kill, but got a Scarlett OIII :\ I think the key detail I missed was that the 2nd pincer requires Bahl AND Suoh to initiate. Either that or I just got lucky creeping towards the thrash HP threshold one time.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  11. Rydia

Medals:
    Yeah is...weird. I mean I got all my AxionZ on my alt using that method :/

I used Bahl Suoh Odin Velraine Palpa and Amisandra and your team should be better than that.

12. phoenix_stealer

phoenix_stealer Member

Ty for the guide, First IDK killed :)
    Just have to wait for PDZ now.

i used :
    invincible^
    seiryu^
    Leviathan^
    seiryu
    jaguna^
    palpa^

All with HolyDragonZ, and with a time extension.

If possible, i should try to add HP/MDEF to palpa because she often dies at axxion 3, but i'm can finish without her
    Can't replace seiryu with bahamut^ cause is not l100.

Rydia likes this.
  13. Rydia

Medals:

Congratulations!!! Im happy it worked well for you :3

If you can do it well with that team no need to change it. With 100 luck you should be able to get your pdzs soon enough and make leveling easier :love:

14. kramerica222

kramerica222 New Member

A quick update: turns out having even just 1 non-free unit from your list of recommended units are total game changers. I recently pulled a Schweiz from a 10/1 event, and holy cow.

Rydia likes this.
  15. Rydia

Medals:
    Schweiz is amazing xDDDDDDD

One of my fav units <3

16. kramerica222

kramerica222 New Member

Trying to setup a IDK team with Schweiz because he's godly and is my main mover. I made up a team of Schweiz, Invincible, Seiryu, Bahamut, Leviathan, and Jaguna, only to realize that my healing is so bad they eventually die to attrition from the gravimancer. Your free team has Palpa, who Schweiz replaced, but she does have regen and barrier. I think I really need another healer, but who could get the boot for one? And who?

I do have Eileen, who has a ton of regen skills, but maybe too fragile? Does Olber's healing conversion hurt me in this fight? That's pretty much it for other possible subs.

17. Rydia

Medals:
    I used Echo on my fights against IDK first time so Eileen should be fine. On the other hand LBing Eileen...looks kind of a waste so you should be able to do this switching Jaguna with Palpa. With Schweiz Taps killing the dragon should be fast enough.

Of course if you have Echo^ that would be great xD

18. kramerica222

kramerica222 New Member

My Eileen has like 86SB somehow; I don't remember ever trying to level her SB, but I'll take it. She is also 100LB already since I wanted to max out any character I recoded. I guess Eileen/Palpa will be in, and the rest is Seiryu/Invincible/Baha/Levi. Plus Eileen is a poster girl :p

EDIT: Yeah, this team works fine. Had to quit once because I forgot to take off Eileen's direct heal. Other than that, playing more safe by killing the gravimancer occasionally to get heals back up worked out. And of course tapping = ez burst mode at 40%.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017 at 9:42 PM
  19. Rydia

Medals:
    If you bring eileen I dont think you will need Palpa

Try with Eileen Schweiz Invi^ Sei^ Baha^ Levi^

Use Schweiz Taps once the dragon is at 40% HP and start "watching and waiting" so you kill him before he can summon Axion3-4